Long time...

Reaction score
Hello.
Veteran members may also remember me as Short Recoil.
How are you guys?

I hadn't played a Half-Life game in over a decade but recently I have been playing Half-Life: Alyx. Amazing game!
Out of curiosity I wondered what had happened to the old halflife2.net forums and to my amazement they still existed.

Fond memories and thankful to everyone on those forums for the social time, discussion and simpler times when was turning from a boy into a man, now in my late 30s.
I hope you are all well.

They don't exist. This is all a poorly constructed façade built from the combined delusions of the greater consciousness of members that once formed this community.

They don't exist. This is all a poorly constructed façade built from the combined delusions of the greater consciousness of members that once formed this community.
In pretty sure this forum has enough of our recorded posts to reconstruct us using AI and just start posting again.
If that's the case, my bot should start going on about punching Land Rovers and all the other crap I used to talk.

And that was a very bizarre, but pleasant feeling posting on 'halflife2.net' about 14 years after my last....

hey guys, how we doin?
Great,
Getting on with life, practically gave up gaming for about 10 years but VR has reinvigorated my interest. Half Life: Alyx is ****ing sick and I'm going to play HL2, Episode 1 and Episode 2 with the VR mods.

Interesting fact: despite my obsession with Half Life 2 and activity on these forums, I never got round to playing Ep1/Ep2

How you doin?

Oh hey, it’s been a while eh. I’m almost 40 now, have 2 kids and no time for gaming. Made a buttload of money by buying Bitcoin in 2011-2012 and holding onto it for a decade.

Oh hey, it’s been a while eh. I’m almost 40 now, have 2 kids and no time for gaming. Made a buttload of money by buying Bitcoin in 2011-2012 and holding onto it for a decade.
Hey. I have 2 kids also, I tend to just grab 20 minutes of gaming here and there. Glad to hear you are comfortable, I passed off bitcoin when my mate suggested it, he's dissapeared to Cornwall, so I guess he did well too!

But I can't complain, I started my own business in my 20s and it's doing well 10 years later.

So uh... Hey. Need a new friend? Heh heh.

Back