Look at this Release Date for a Game Guide

HCARalph said:
Also note the length of the book.... 240 pages this may point to the length of the game.

Ralph
HCA Healthcare

Yes, 240 pages means:

240*2=480min=8houres:D

It only makes sense for the game to come out first. Before the Guide? Doesn't it?

I really do hope the game is at least 8 hours of game play.

Ralph
HCA

I'd say whoever is making it (Prima?) is guessing.

Also the game guide is clue to the game being complete. A release time could be anytime.

Most strategy guides come out before the game. If Aftermath hits 8 hours that will be very cool.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Most strategy guides come out before the game. If Aftermath hits 8 hours that will be very cool.

Aftermath is 8 houres according to me:p

(see my matematic skills above)

Oh joy. I want the game before the guide is released. I really don't want to be seduced by spoilers

Stratagy guides are for people not smart enough to use teh internets.

Oh, I like them. Nice colourful information, and are good reading. I mean, I bought the HL2 strat guide in Febuary and still had a great time reading it.

i saw mine as a waste of money even though i bought it for €5 :(

I too liked the guide just for reading. It was $25 for me.

This is good news. Since im a big fan of Half Life I will probably buy it.

Heh, you guys are trusting Amazon release dates. But then again they're much more dependable than Valve release dates.

ríomhaire said:
I'd say whoever is making it (Prima?) is guessing.
this is correct, nobody knows except valve when the game will be out, especially some third party publisher. You think valve would let something like that slip to a book company before the gaming community??? no chance in hell

Actually, yes. They do give information on when its due for release, for things like Prima, that I'm sure of. Perhaps not a specific date but most certainly an estimate.

Here's a nice comparison:

Prima HL2 Guide - Nov 16
HL2 Release - Nov 22

And so, as has been noted, we can expect to see Aftermath at around the same time as the guide which is the end of this month.
I also see that the Platinum pack is coming out which will feature DOD S and Aftermath along with everything else.

hi_ted said:
Here's a nice comparison:

Prima HL2 Guide - Nov 16
HL2 Release - Nov 22

And so, as has been noted, we can expect to see Aftermath at around the same time as the guide which is the end of this month.
I also see that the Platinum pack is coming out which will feature DOD S and Aftermath along with everything else.

Cool!

But I want to have aftermath and dods only, not that other stuff I have from before:(

My mistake. Confused it with the Aftermath guide release date.

12:00AM PST (VALVe Time) Nov. 16th, 2004 = HL2 Release date

and I think they should shoot for the same date/time for Aftermath

Fonaki said:
Yes, 240 pages means:

240*2=480min=8houres:D

The original HL2 Prima guide had 340 pages.

Aftermath has 240 pages.

240/340=0.70588 ...

this means that AM has 70.6% of HL2's length

It took me 17 hours to finish HL2

17*70.6%=12

12 HOURS WOOHOO LONGER THAN FEAR!!!

T.H.C.138 said:
12:00AM PST (VALVe Time) Nov. 16th, 2004 = HL2 Release date

and I think they should shoot for the same date/time for Aftermath

that would be great!

W00t, been waiting for Aftermath for long now ...... its so close i can taste its sweet sweet fresh covering ** Drools **

wilka91 said:
The original HL2 Prima guide had 340 pages.

Aftermath has 240 pages.

240/340=0.70588 ...

this means that AM has 70.6% of HL2's length

It took me 17 hours to finish HL2

17*70.6%=12

12 HOURS WOOHOO LONGER THAN FEAR!!!

that would be great!

Use the edit button.

I wonder if this is the real Aftermath Game Guide cover and if they'll use it for Aftermath as well.

You guys are all forgetting the Counter Strike Source stuff at the end of the Half life 2 book. There are 41 pages of CSS strategy, making only 277 pages of actual HL2 info. Since DOD:S came out recently, and their offering it in a package with Aftermath, it can be assumed they'll (is that even a word?) also have some DOD:S stuff in there. Also, since there are less DOD:S maps, there will probably only be 20 pages. That makes 277 pages for HL2, and 220 pages for Aftermath. There are also 36 pages of stuff like the bestiary, npcs, and other general things. These will probably not have as much stuff as HL2, so we can assume there will be about 30 pages of these. Now there are 241 pure walkthrough pages of HL2, and 190 pure walkthrough pages of Aftermath. Going back to p.190 in the HL2 guide, you're about 1/3 through chapter 9. It can now be assumed there are 9 chapters in aftermath, 5 less than HL2.

Now, if you use Fonaki's calculation, you get 190*2=380min.=6.33 hours.

Using wilka91's calculation, you get about 13.43 hours.

Yeah, I am waiting for this expansion. I've played Far Cry and some other games in the mean time. I was thinking about getting F.E.A.R. and Quake 4 to quench my thirst for now, but they are a little expensive for what you get... ...Compared to HL2(HL2, DOD:S, CS:S, HL2:DM, MODS).

I went to my local EB Games store and looked in thier release date book and it said November 16th or 17th can't remember :cheers:

i can almost guarentee it wont be out that soon, valve usually gives 2 weeks - a month or so in advance for anything that will make them money (DOD)

Back