Looking for a game...

zoddat33

Reaction score
I've been looking for this game I forgot the name of.

It's a sidescroller were you can get a variety of weapons and you build up a base and defend against random enemies like robots and skeletons that came from offscreen as well as on dropships and things like that. You could destroy anything. If I remember correctly you could mine gold in the ground to buy better stuff and you had to protect your core(?) from being destroyed.

It was free the last time I played it, though I could imagine that has changed.

Ring any bells for anyone?

It's really entertaining.

I hope they put some new features in since the last time I played it.

Don't be fooled gents, it is actually a really subtle adbot!

I bought the game like a year ago, but I haven't played it in a while. I'm going to see if anything has changed.

Its always good to have a malfunctioning rocket slam into the side of the enemy

Used to play this game for free years ago when I was in school. It's all about using the cement gun to seal yourself in with your brain thing and crying like a little girl if anyone starts working their way towards you. Good times

I bought the full version. It's fun for a while with plenty of mods on the forums.

They haven't updated in a while though.

I bought it too.

What do you mean haven't updated in a while? Their last dev blog update was the 9th of Feb this year.

They're still working! And doing better with our support.

Downloaded the free version, seems really complex. Played the tutorial for a good 30 minutes before I could figure out how to do things correctly. Doesnt help that changing the resolution makes the text next to impossible to read because of how small it gets.

Still, it was pretty fun. I can see some crazy shit happening in it, and some really complex battles. Will probably buy sometime this week.

The problem is the control and AI. Jesus CHRIST does my team AI piss me off. I have to leave them on sentry ai mode for them to not go around killing themselves and shit. ****ing stupid.

This game is still in development, and the physics engine is getting pretty interesting.

Really impressive that that guy made it all himself from scratch, and that it does things no other physics engine does and at such a high performance level.

Play with it yourself here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/drldownloads/cvetest15.zip

Exactly what does it do that no other physics engine does?

it doesn't sound like he watched it

that's neat and all but you really need a game to center on using it in a unique way to be interesting.

I did watch the video but am confused about exactly what it is that it does that you know for a fact no other physics engine does?

Do you mean the stuff about dynamic deformation and such?

If so, other physics have done that, Digital Molecular Matter for example allows procedural dynamic deformation and fracturing of any model you add into it by defining what material it is made of.

Once again, I am asking a fairly simple question, exactly what feature does it have that all other physics engines currently available out there are lacking?

Just to be clear I am not trying to insult the guys work, one guy having done this entire game (CVE) by himself is really impressive, but dynamic/procedural deformation and fracturing is not something that has not been done before.

Well that's a 3D engine, this is 2D :v
Show me a 2d engine that has dynamic deformation and fracturing then I'll concede.
And you don't have to define any bounding boxes or anything, the game generates everything based off the alpha channel.

Eres have you played Cortex Command? The physics in that game are already pretty awesome, and this would be even more amazing because that game is all about carnage and destruction and awesome shit.

Well that's a 3D engine, this is 2D :v
Show me a 2d engine that has dynamic deformation and fracturing then I'll concede.
And you don't have to define any bounding boxes or anything, the game generates everything based off the alpha channel.

Eres have you played Cortex Command? The physics in that game are already pretty awesome, and this would be even more amazing because that game is all about carnage and destruction and awesome shit.

I played it back when it first released, I have also bought it.

Mind you, most time I've spent in it I've just spawned tons of soldiers and taken rockets and crashed them into said soldiers and then jacked off to the wonderful gory destruction.

Yes, what I showed was a 3D engine, but you only said physics engine in your original post, you didn't define whether your claim only applied to 2D engines or not.:p

The way it generates the 'objects' physical self from the alpha channel is indeed very impressive and I've never seen anything like that myself.

I played it back when it first released, I have also bought it.
I was talking to Eres (Yuri) I know you've played it.

you didn't define whether your claim only applied to 2D engines or not.:p
2D and 3D are totally different so I don't think I had to!

The way it generates the 'objects' physical self from the alpha channel is indeed very impressive and I've never seen anything like that myself.
Yeah this is a good thing like he said, makes development so much quicker.

I got this in the Humble Bundle a while back, where on earth do I download new versions?

Edit: Never mind, looks like I have to get it through my Humble download page... hope that doesn't go down at any point, because I didn't get a Data Realms login. Latest full build is still from September last year, oh well.

Back