Looking For: Concept Artist

JossiRossi

Platinum Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Project Name: Swarm
Project Type: Half-Life 2 Modification
Position: Concept Artist
Responsibilities: Taking initial descriptions of characters and creatures and illustrating examples and renditions for the purpose of modeling.

Requirements for Position: Ability to draw (naturally). Capable of drawing the same object from multiple angles for the purpose of model reference. A strength in drawing robotic or mechanical creatures, as well as humans is ideal. The modification's goals are pretty clear set so this should not have to be an extended commitment. Continued involvement past initial concept art is encouraged but by no means necessary to commit to, to be considered.

About the Mod: At a re-purposed and retrofitted nuclear bunker a small private research and development team have been designing the next generation of robotic workers. Small and cheap, they are able to perform complex tasks due to their numbers. An investor has expressed interest in the project and the CEO has decided it's time to step his work out of the shadows. The first large scale controlled test of simple flying robots and their ability to tackle the man made natural disaster of an oil spill at sea ends in complete success. Once recalled one of the robots begins to ignore manual shut down commands. This small mechanical error is the start of something much worse.

Example of past writing: http://audio.thanksforplaying.net/?page_id=40

Contact: Please send an email expressing your interest to [email protected] include any examples of your work or links to portfolios and the like.

Thanks to anyone who considers submitting examples and I look forward to viewing them. Once I make a decision I will let everyone who submits know, just so you get an answer one way or another.

-James Rossi
Project Lead
[email protected]

From what I can see so far (read: nothing but that small robots thing) it sounds pretty good. It sounds like you have a handle on how to make a mod, though! Kudos!
Good luck, man!

Rewrote the "about the mod" part to ACTUALLY have content. I wanted to play it safe on not giving things away, but really just took that to too far an extreme.

I don't plan on bumping the thread more than this once. I've had a few very qualified applicants drop out unfortunately so I am still looking for someone to fill a concept artist role for the project.

If you viewed this previously, I've added a writing example that you can read here: http://audio.thanksforplaying.net/?page_id=40

I apologize for the bump but hopefully I'll get a few more applicants to consider.

Back