Looking for mp5 skin

Reaction score
Ok, I know people don't usually use this weapon and think it sucks, but I like it. Unfortunately, I've only found one skin for it and it wasn't very good. In Soldier of Fortune 2 I had an mp5 skin that just rocked, best weapon skin I've ever had.

http://soldieroffortune2.filefront.com/screenshots/12/files2/10331_1.jpg

It is the most popular skin for the mp5 in that game, and for good reason. The silencer adds a nice feel to it, and he included new weapon sounds to make it sound better. I am dearly missing this weapon since I moved to playing CS. Would anyone be up to taking a shot at making a decent skin for the mp5?

What game do you want this model for!? and details of polly counts and such would help.

(Fragger) said:

And yet I frequently kill poor children like yourself that think their big expensive rifle is what is so effective. It's the shooter, not the gun.

I want it for CS:S. I can't say any details, I know nothing of skinning. If I did, I would have made it myself, trust me. I'm just shocked of all the skins I find they are for all the same guns, kinda boring. And I'm surprised the mp5 is so hated in this game, back in sof2 it was the most popular :(

Who hates the MP5...? I do not know anybody not liking it...

Ok, the model is not to be liked at all.. but the weapon itself...?

And why do you want to replace the one in CS:S? It's the best one I've ever seen.

I prefer the Deagle over the mp5. Any more money and I've bought either an M4A1(silencer on)/Styr or AK/zoom-in semi auto (not sniper)of which's name currently eludes me.

Its not a bad gun though... Havn't really bothered studying it texture wise; its all black isn't it? :S

I prefer the Deagle over the mp5. Any more money and I've bought either an M4A1(silencer on)/Styr or AK/zoom-in semi auto (not sniper)of which's name currently eludes me.

You're joking, right?

screw them all, gimme the TMP any day of the week, that gun is awesome
edit: and to stay on topic, that skin you like seriously blows, it looks waytoo much like a toy, and a poorly made, north korean toy at that

Yet it's the most popular skin on sof2files for the mp5. You may not like it, but it certainly does not blow.

The standard skins are never as good as the skinning community can do. Like this ak skin I have is the best ak skin i've ever seen in a game, certainly a huge improvement over standard skins. I like silver/chrome skins a lot, already got the silver pack for CS. But the silver mp5 I got(only mp5 skin I can find) is terrible.

whats wrong with the AK and deagle?

There's no weapon such as 'deagle'. What you mean is called Desert Eagle... :hmph:

...and you can't compare CS weapons with the real deal, gd!

Recoil said:
There's no weapon such as 'deagle'. What you mean is called Desert Eagle... :hmph:

...and you can't compare CS weapons with the real deal, gd!

welcome to the forums of a video game, no one here is talking about real guns

if ur talking about cs:source then why would u want to replace the model with that piece of crap. If ur talking about cs 1.6 then yes all the models suck, here's a place for cusom models

Ok, I know people don't usually use this weapon and think it sucks, but I like it

Sounds like the real one to me; no game mentioned.

I am fully aware that it is a desert eagle. Deagle sorta stands for it don't you think? (D= Desert Eagle = Eagle)
Its not like the CS community is daft about guns... I mean, I'm sure alot of CSers out there have explored CS weapon opinions/stats online.
Anyone know why the FAMAS is called the clarion though?

And as if I was comparing them to real scenarios (where the hell did that come from? :S). If you were hit by even ONE bullet in real life I doubt you could run. Not to mention the fact that the Desert eagle would rip you apart with its .50 rounds. But this is a HL2 Forum. Not a gun enthusiast forum. Its automatic that any talk on guns will be from games. Whch is why we can say certain guns are crap etc in our opinions.

Oh, and it was the kreig/"SIG SG-552 Commando".
Each to his/her own mate...

they have gay names cuz if they were to use real names it would infringe copyright laws. I dont like the new names either, and the fact taht u cant have a text gui in css.

This 'deagle' is such a overused and stupid term... I still can hear all the kids talking like 'OMG0rZ teh deagle is so fecking big and evil and can kill you with just one shot!!1'

But this is a HL2 Forum

We're in the modelling section here, so not necessarily HL2 -> he even mentioned another game. Yes, this is no gun enthusiast forum either, but the base of the game's weapons are real guns!

He talked about people not liking the gun. Then (after that) he talked about a model for sof2 or so. Get it? No relation to any game in the first sentence.

Recoil said:
He talked about people not liking the gun. Then (after that) he talked about a model for sof2 or so. Get it? No relation to any game in the first sentence.

It is assumed that since we are in a forum about a game and mods for said game that nobody would be so moronic as to assume we meant real life. But thanks for proving me wrong, I'll make sure my posts are more idiot-proof next time.

BTW, even Valve calls it the deagle. So stfu kthxbye.

thereisaspoon said:
if ur talking about cs:source then why would u want to replace the model with that piece of crap.

Because unlike you, I think the stock model is a piece of crap. I didn't ask if anyone liked it, I just asked if anyone was planning on making any skins for the gun. I have skins for all the rest, but the only one I found for the mp5 sucks, it doesn't reflect lighting properly.

StainlessJ-FPGA said:
Yet it's the most popular skin on sof2files for the mp5. You may not like it, but it certainly does not blow.

But thats sof2, it doesnt mean its the best all around. Looks rubbish to me.

ItchyFish said:
But thats sof2, it doesnt mean its the best all around. Looks rubbish to me.

Think a gamer playing sof2 is totally different than a gamer playing CS? If it was the most popular in that game, no doubt there are others who play CS that would like it. Like me for example. But we've beaten this horse to death, buried it, dug it up and lit it on fire, then hung it. Let's get OVER IT.

Back