Lost in Translation

Reginald

Reaction score
I'm a man and I admit this film makes me cry.

Every darn time.

japanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapan

I cried because I knew that Bill Murray will never, ever get an Academy award... Poor guy :>

It was something like this for me.

crying-indian-tear65p.jpg

I've never seen this movie, but i think i really should. I heard Billy boy did an excellent job in this movie.

I love this movie infinitely.

I need to watch it again.

Samon practically tied me down to make me watch this.

And it was one of the best movies ever made.

It was ok. I didn't think it was anything special, and don't see why some people think it's God's Gift or whatever.

Inb4samon.

It's great, but you really have to be in a patient mood to get through it. The chilled pace and lack of direction is part of what makes it so great, though.

Loved it. I've lived in Tokyo for a bit and it was bizarre how everything chimed so perfectly with my experience, from the lack of sleep to the general sense of pointlessness and alienation.

Even if it didn't resonate with me in that way I'd still love the relaxed and understated nature of this movie, as well as the simple, innocent story which makes wispy man-tears gather in the corners of my eyes before I mercilessly vanish them.

Never saw past the first few minutes. Need to see the rest of it sometime.

Definitely one of my favourites. I remember watching it for the first time about three or four years ago and for some reason it was just like a huge kick in the bollocks at the time. I actually felt a little lost myself after it was over.

Pretty much all but one of my mates thought it was complete tripe though. Just one of those films where you either get it - or you're bored to tears.

Three times I have said to my housemate: "wanna watch a movie later"? Yeah okay. "Let's watch Lost In Translation, neither of us have seen it yet." Yeah! "Alright, I'm just going to do some room-tidying or work and then let's sit down at about nine." Right you are.

All three times, I have subsequently and almost immediately fallen asleep, waking up variously at 8am, 4am and 12pm.

O cruel fate! Is this an omen?

I bought it because it helped me remember 3 months in Japan, now I keep watching it because its something to watch and it isn't terrible.

But saying that, I rarely watch a movie more then once unless its on TV at the time.

There are so many factors in making this a great film, but Scarlett Johansson's arse and Just Like Honey by The Jesus and Mary Chain are two of them.

I particularly like this movie and not just because of the memorable intro shot. :LOL:

I saw the movie once and remember being unimpressed, I just remember it was like they were both married and away on work or something, and they almost have a relationship (i think), some shit gets whispered and the fact that the director thought it was a good idea to keep it a secret pisses me off.

I remember it being slow and having the same tone as those 'hilarious' dark comedies (ie, little miss sunshine and The Royal Tenenbaums). I mean I can't even imagine a single scene in my head, normally when I leave a movie at least SOMETHING stands out to me, but I can't think of anything for this movie.

Obviously not my kind of movie.

There are so many factors in making this a great film, but Scarlett Johansson's arse and Just Like Honey by The Jesus and Mary Chain are two of them.

Indeed, her ass is a nice momento of the viewing experience.

The movie was a good start, but heres what they needed to do to fix it. First, they start by adding CGi motorcycles on fire that jump through spinning helicopters. Then a 16 wheeler tanker truck spins out of control and its all BRaaaaawssh...Cplaaaa!! and lands on top of bill murray as he whispered some words into scarlett johanssens ear. :cheers:

The movie was a good start, but heres what they needed to do to fix it. First, they start by adding CGi motorcycles on fire that jump through spinning helicopters. Then a 16 wheeler tanker truck spins out of control and its all BRaaaaawssh...Cplaaaa!! and lands on top of bill murray as he whispered some words into scarlett johanssens ear. :cheers:

I hate you.

Does this happen seventeen times?

Back