Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Pre-order Starts Today

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Get ready to fight aliens on ice-covered wastelands in full Direct X 10 graphics glory with Capcom's Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. The game is now available for pre-order on Steam. Save 10% when you buy before June 27.[br]

newsspacer.gif
[br]
Lost Planet is an epic gaming masterpiece combining a gripping single player campaign and intense multiplayer modes. Lost Planet contains sophisticated visuals, with an unmatched level of detail as advanced light sourcing is used to ensure a realistic presentation that enhances every explosion, smoke and particle effect. Enormous world maps unfold as players battle hostile creatures in blistering weather conditions across vast snowfields and blazing volcanic areas either on foot or in armed, robotic Vital Suits.
[br]

To Pre-order Click Here

ehh, kinda sucked. beat the game a day or two on xbox360

Can the 360 do DX10 graphics and if not, are there comparison screens, as I wasn't too impressed when I saw it on the 360.

360 can't do dx10
yes there are comparison screens
but if you ask me the differences (like in other dx9/dx10 game pics) are minor at the cost of huge framerate losses :)

of course this is because it's a quick hack job to be one of the first dx10 games, when we games set out to support dx10 from the start it will hopefully be better comparison.

Isnt the "big thing" about DX 10 the fact that it can do dx9 stuff with ease? So shouldnt the game actually play better on dx10 when compared to 9?

Didn't really excite me on the 360. I hated the fact that every time that you got shot, he would fall to the ground.

Eh. It was a stupid game... too arcadey like, oh yeah, the graphics were awesome.. but just way too linear.. come on, TIMED? well.. sorta.

I should've passed it up.

Isnt the "big thing" about DX 10 the fact that it can do dx9 stuff with ease? So shouldnt the game actually play better on dx10 when compared to 9?
Yeah. But now they're enabling all these graphical options, and the cards just can't run them all together.

This problem will be fixed after 1/2 new generations of DX10 cards, I suppose.

I think they just released crappy first generation DX10 cards, so they can make great improvements from now on and say "Look: 100% performance gain!"

This has to be the worst game/demo I have ever played.

DX10..... lol hope that will be better then this.

Looks more like a game from 1988

Will these mech games ever die once and for all? How long does it take to realize that giant fighting robots are a thing of the past?

I see so many PR cliche phrases like "Epic masterpiece", "gripping single player campaign", "sophisticated visuals", "unmatched level of detail" and other marketingbot babble.

Theres gotta be a grand list of words they dump all over to make games sound better then they are.

I personally found the game quite enjoyable. It's not a very deep or complex game but as a shooter I found it alright. Not something I'd play over, but theres a few quite memorable sequences IMHO like when that 100m high worm 1st burts out of the floor on the 2nd or 3rd level.

The story's pretty hopeless mind you.

I thought it looked good and played ok.

-dodo

Dude.. Giant mech fighting rocks.

Anyway, I just spent all day (since last post) playing the multiplayer,
Hell, the multiplayer is awesome. Unlockables, levels... so fun. The single-player sucks.. But the multiplayer rocks. I doubt I'll get it for PC. I'd rather save my money for Spore and other games coming out this fall.

Capcom should never port any game from a console to the PC ever again. They're are all terrible ports. :(

i got this game for free a couple months ago, i wrote some little cheesey review, in fact you can find it on this site somewhere. I got it like a few months before it came out and beat it pretty quick. Its an ok game. Multiplayer is ok. If your big capcom fan and like japanese crap and really long cutscenes that give you detailed information on the storyline you will like this game. its pretty entertaining for awhile actually.

Back