Lost: Season 5

It could be that Esau is Anubis who summons Smokey, from the picture under the temple in Dead is Dead. Smokey doesn't actually assume the form of Dead people, Esau does. I'm not sure where Locke was when Sun was talking to Christian though, I'll have to look that up again.

And what the hell happened to Claire. And what was she doing with Christian in that Cabin? Claire has appeared to Kate after she disappeared, so is Claire dead? Or can Esau take the form of living people as well? That can explain why Walt appears in front of people, or are Walt and Claire just special.

Why are you guys calling him Esau?

Is my theory catching on? Though I'm sure everybody else had the same theory.

I think Claire was with Christian because Claire is related to Christian, who is related to Jack.

Ben said in the final scene that he had not been given orders from Jacob in person, but instead from some other person who speaks for Jacob. I guess that person is the same that manifested itself as Christian to Locke.

Ben said in the final scene that he had not been given orders from Jacob in person, but instead from some other person who speaks for Jacob. I guess that person is the same that manifested itself as Christian to Locke.

I think the messages came to him from Richard as Jacobs emissary (or high priest)

Why are you guys calling him Esau?

Is my theory catching on? Though I'm sure everybody else had the same theory.

I think Claire was with Christian because Claire is related to Christian, who is related to Jack.

everyones calling him esau because of some bible story to do with some bloke called esau being jacobs evil opposite ....or something of sorts

I would argue that Widmore is an operative of Jacob's enemy.

I doubt it. Widmore and Ben are both pawns of the island, and are fighting over it. Why would Easu want Ben deposed? It's a personal dispute.

everyones calling him esau because of some bible story to do with some bloke called esau being jacobs evil opposite ....or something of sorts

Yeah I know who Esau is.. Jacob's brother. I made mention of him in my first post immediately following the airing of the episode. I'm just surprised everybody else is calling him. Hehe.

Yeah I know who Esau is.. Jacob's brother. I made mention of him in my first post immediately following the airing of the episode. I'm just surprised everybody else is calling him. Hehe.

Well its a good place holder until we know his real name. :thumbs:

That casting call had him named as Samuel, but Jacobs casting call was different too. So I guess we now know his name is not Samuel. Only a bajillion other names to go!

All casting call names are fake.

I doubt it. Widmore and Ben are both pawns of the island, and are fighting over it. Why would Easu want Ben deposed? It's a personal dispute.

Widmore was also going to purge the Island of everyone on it. He aided Locke, cryptically stating that "There's a war coming, John, and if you're not on the Island when that happens -- the wrong side is going to win." Bram also tried to persuade Miles not to work for Charles Widmore, and claimed he was working for the "wrong team". They are on the side of Jacob. Widmore is an operative of Esau; it's the only logical explanation.

All casting call names are fake.

Widmore was also going to purge the Island of everyone on it. He aided Locke, cryptically stating that "There's a war coming, John, and if you're not on the Island when that happens -- the wrong side is going to win." Bram also tried to persuade Miles not to work for Charles Widmore, and claimed he was working for the "wrong team". They are on the side of Jacob. Widmore is an operative of Esau; it's the only logical explanation.

It's LOST. There are no logical explanations.

Just saw the finale, still processing everything. The opening scene might just be the most important/revealing scene we've had.

I don't think that Jacob and the other guy are Good or Evil. Think of the other guy as fate/destiny, who also thinks that humans are predictable savages while Jacob represents Free will and likes to keep an open mind.

Very much this I think.

I'm still not sure what the deal is with Locke - I'd like to think there is more to it than him being really dead and it's only Smokey/Anti-Jacob impersonating him (although this makes the most sense right now). I think it's worth pointing out that Locke while alive would most likely follow Destiny lovin' Anti-Jacob over Free Will Jacob (does this mean the new Destiny Lovin' Jack will be up against Jacob's Others in S6?).

I'm sure the appearance of Christian who pretended to speak for Jacob in S4 was also this Anti-Jacob character who was manipulating events to get his loop hole going. Destiny couldn't kill Jacob somebody had to choose to do so (which Jacob emphasized to Ben). And speaking of Ben killing Jacob why was Jacob so willing to provoke him into doing so?

Also what really happened when Ben took Locke to the Cabin? Did Ben really think Jacob was there or did he think it was just an empty cabin that he could use for his charade? Was Anti-Jacob trapped there ("Help Me") by the circle of ash?

I subscribe to the idea that Jack always get what he wants so I was interested to see how things were going to play out (he got his way again with the nuke going off). The biggest question is did they change the past and if not how are they going to survive the nuke?

Widmore was trying to get Locke to give up. He had Abbadon manipulate him into visiting Helen's grave. He goaded him on an impossible task because he knew he would despair and fail. Helping Locke was helping Ben as well.

Widmore was trying to get Locke to give up. He had Abbadon manipulate him into visiting Helen's grave. He goaded him on an impossible task because he knew he would despair and fail. Helping Locke was helping Ben as well.

Isn't that exactly what Esau wanted?

Back