Lunar Eclipse

Meh, Lunar eclipses aren't really anything special to look at.

Solar eclipses on the other hand...

Yep, I'm right on the east coast USA so I'm in a great place to see it. mates and I are getting a little drunk and enjoying the sky.

I will be staying up, despite having a class at 11.

It's from like 7:30-9:30 pm here :O

3am here in blighty, day off tomorrow though so I'm gonna get tipsy and enjoy the view.

cant wait. Im getting stoned and sitting outside with a telescope

It's cloudy and snowy so I won't be able to see it. Awesome.

I'll be going "outside" in a few minutes when I've answered all these threads D:

It's cloudy and snowing, but I probably woulda forgotten any way. Lunar is nothin special

I can't imagine what a Lunar Eclipse is. It's when the Earth is in the lights path to the Moon completely?

*EDIT* OK, I understand now, thanks to Google. I'm under clouds now, so I probably won't see it :(

I agree. I hope all the clouds will part at some point tonight.

I see someone failed when posting the time.

Yep, I'm right on the east coast USA so I'm in a great place to see it. mates and I are getting a little drunk and enjoying the sky.

you live in the US and you call your friends mates? i thought that was a European thing...

I saw it last night while skiing. Nothing epic, but wonderful to lay back and watch, especially with a beautiful woman by my side and some hot chocolate.

Neither of which I had ;(

you live in the US and you call your friends mates? i thought that was a European thing...
No, I just use mate from time to time on the internet because I'm so used to reading it and whatnot. Look at my join date and posts, that's a lot of saturation in posts written by Europeans.

I don't sound it out loud though, it sounds odd.

The eclipse was great last night btw. There were a lot of clouds out, but we still had a pretty good view of the moon most of the time and there's no doubt about it being eclipsed.

Plus, we ran into a group of people who had set up croquet and were drinking out in the middle of a field on campus. We joined them.

Sucks, I missed it thanks to clouds.
And I missed my lecture today (only lecture of the week) because I stayed up so late.

Curse you, solar cycle!

Is there a video anywhere?

I tried, but clouds rolled in right as it was going to totally eclipse. My camcorder doesn't have the best manual focus, either, but there's a screen grab at the end that was almost fully eclipsed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xEHyTwUgvjA

Oddly enough, the only other eclipse video that shows up under "related" vids was from 2007, and also used a Bob Marley tune. Weird. That one shows a much better time lapse of it tho, better clarity, etc.

it was actually perfectly clear for me....

I watched it. Then i turned my handy dandy telescope down and to the left a little and stared at Saturn. That was cool.

I almost froze to death watching it, lol. Just stood outside listening to some Agalloch and watched it wane for about a half-hour. Great view.

Back