Mac Version of Halflife2?

smilez

Reaction score
The upcoming Apple g5 - 64bit looks awsome.. any chance there will be an OS X version of halflife 2? I know Doom 3 will be ported

(no I dont own a mac ... just wondering)

Yup, anything is possible with the source engine :D, well not EVERYTHING, it cant make a cookies can it ?

Thanks for the intelligent coments.. I dont own a mac!

Just asking a simple question

Are you made sarcastic?
Or maybe you are angry on me? :):) :D

A mac was the second computer I ever owned.... the first was a really old IBM that ran entirly on DOS... and let me tell you: Macs are useful tools and the G5 looks interesting... maybe I'll start to write Mac programs....

I dont like macs. the G3 and G4's suxx.. stupid round mouses and they crash alot

I am sure that there will be a mac version, in like...... 10 years!!
MUHAHAHAHA :devil:

they don't suck. My ideal setup would be a mac for design (my job) e-mail, and internet (Safari is better than internet explorer, in a second) and then a PC, just for games.

They both have benefits, and it's a shame that everyone can't recognize the new G5 as the feat of design and engineering that it is.

before you even say it, no, i'm not a mac user.

oh, and no, i doubt half life 2 will ever go to the mac. There's no market for it (not really anyway) and sierra won't do a port unless they can make a nice chunk of change.

I agree with Spiffae... the PC would be my Coding and Gaming rig.... and the Mac would be for surfing, email and film editing (I am involved with a filming group called Mankey Peach) and of course cross-platform compatablilty.... :)

the g5 has a processer that beat out a p4 3ghz processer in tests.
oh and btw you can us a 2 button mouse with OS10, it has all the drivers.

the mac version of halflife2 will be in 8 bit format and side scroll:)

you guys game on a PC because windows controls the market. 95% of people who own a computer have windows. so think of the money you would make if you released half life 2 on mac, you will make a lot of money(5% of the market is still 200-300million comps.), but you will make 95% more if you release to a PC.
it is a great buisness making games... but it is still a buisness.
Originally posted by Spiffae

i doubt half life 2 will ever go to the mac. There's no market for it (not really anyway) and sierra won't do a port unless they can make a nice chunk of change.

yeah very true.... Macs aren't designed for games.... they are good at what they are good at :)

theyre good at making u wish u had a pc :)

i cant wait to see when upgrades are going to come to an end, and we're gonna be at the fastest possible....that will be an interesting year for the economy

guinny you spamming bitch.. 67 post a day.. thats sick!

actually no, i had about 50 posts last nite in one thread, because we were discussing some stupid shit, and it was really late so noone was on so we just kept talking. if u look, its a 10 page thread with just 3 ppl talking, one being me. so i didnt spam. and look at u mr. 888

yeah but i only have 22.5 post a day

ahhwel.. i'l stop complaining.

;) good idea, cuz u went up 5 posts alreadyin a matter of the time it took me to refresh the page

edit - dont get me wrong i love ya evil

don't forget me when it comes to postage :)

I personally reckon that Macs.... are good for what they are designed for... not games :p

yea how the hell, these forums opened on my bday, may 13th. now how did u get nearly 900 posts in a month and 10 days? hmm 40 days divided by 900.....22.5 posts a day! shit u and evil are the same lol

well, (for me) its a little thing called post GCSE holidays.... I have the house to myself and relativly nuffin to do.... since every1 is exhausted after exams :p....

we are teh postwhores from HELL *eerie sound*

BTW.. i love you to guinny :) *cuddle*

*cuddle* i wanna be a postwhore tooo!!! lets make a thread in the off-topic just writing senseless bullshit lol

Bilbo's voice* "this is my 911th birthday*".. woops.. I mean 900th post :)

lol evil, wait for me to get to 999 b4 u cross the line, i can get there in about 5-7 hours

Originally posted by guinny
*cuddle* i wanna be a postwhore tooo!!! lets make a thread in the off-topic just writing senseless bullshit lol

thats my Arena thread... :)

you cna be a postwhore one day... i promise :)

As i said "EVIL is on the lead" :) :) :) Sorry if that angryed you

thanks:) i betcha i catch up with evil and badger in......a week

Back