Major news apparently coming

Why is this in Half-Life series? Isn't this very likely CS related news, if at all? Who is this guy and why should we expect something Valve related?

We know some news is expecting soon. There has been information released about icefrog and Valve having a game in development which is soon to be announced. He's could be referring to that.

CS news? Well the CS 1.6 official SteamWorks release? Current one is still a beta in many aspects from what I can remember.

Why is this in Half-Life series? Isn't this very likely CS related news, if at all? Who is this guy and why should we expect something Valve related?

It isn't strictly a CS forum, other news is posted there all the time.

There has been information released about icefrog and Valve having a game in development which is soon to be announced. He's could be referring to that.

I would hardly call that major.

You don't consider that significant!? It's impossible it can be anything bigger than that.

Jess Cliffe is probably pregnant.

! ! !IMPORTANT MAJOR BREAKING NEWS! ! !

Valve release new hats for Counter-Strike: Source

We know that IceFrog developed DotA, but did they mention if they were going in a new direction?

Perhaps there is a new DotA gamemode in TF2 with the engi update

Zips post about non-Valve games too.

I wouldn't be suprisied if it's about CS:S getting upgraded to the Orange Box engine. I highly doubt it's about what we are hoping for.

I wouldn't be suprisied if it's about CS:S getting upgraded to the Orange Box engine. I highly doubt it's about what we are hoping for.

Despite having Steamworks and Dynamic Shadows, DOD didn't really gain much from being upgraded to the Orange Box. Both DOD and CS:S would both benefit from TF2 style updates

CS:S though is in desperate need of an update. You can purchase nightvision goggles and yet there are no official night/dark maps?

It would be great if breach and clear gameplay was also introduced, just without the COD slowmo. You can point at various entrances to the map as your spawn, locations that enemies can't actively see, so they don't know which direction the counter-terrorist will be coming from. Then you can coordinate over the radio as to when to storm in.

Surprisingly, you were right.

Did you ever try changing performance settings manually? I'm sure you can get more than 10FPS.

HL2 runs fine, 20-25fps on good days, untill it I eventaully get a device driver BSOD. Yet CS:S, on the exact same settings, runs like a slideshow. I've tried manually changing the Directx level to 8.1, but I still get the same results. i've tried accolating heapsizes too.

169njlx.jpg

eff60p.jpg

I know exactly what the problem is, it's this goddamned intergrated Intel chipset and customised Dell display drivers, what I don't understand is why does HL2 run fine but CSS doesn't.

no, I mean the console settings. you can access to all engine settings from the console. try changing "mat_x" settings.

Thats whats cool about computers, you can do that. Me having most VALVe games on xbox360 console, I dont have that liberty

HL2 runs fine, 20-25fps on good days, untill it I eventaully get a device driver BSOD. Yet CS:S, on the exact same settings, runs like a slideshow. I've tried manually changing the Directx level to 8.1, but I still get the same results. i've tried accolating heapsizes too.

169njlx.jpg

eff60p.jpg

I know exactly what the problem is, it's this goddamned intergrated Intel chipset and customised Dell display drivers, what I don't understand is why does HL2 run fine but CSS doesn't.

I've been on with this problem too.. except I got 20-25 fps in only a god damn coridor, don't get me started about what it was in wide open areas!

To the point, try setting the shader level on 'Low' in DirectX 8.0, I guess that would help. Seriously, don't even try running the newest Source engine with that Intel - for me it rebooted the PC, I don't have a clue what it might do on your end.

Anyways, better go get a new video card, anything better than that.

I've been on with this problem too.. except I got 20-25 fps in only a god damn coridor, don't get me started about what it was in wide open areas!

To the point, try setting the shader level on 'Low' in DirectX 8.0, I guess that would help. Seriously, don't even try running the newest Source engine with that Intel - for me it rebooted the PC, I don't have a clue what it might do on your end.

Anyways, better go get a new video card, anything better than that.

Yeah, I tried to run Portal, but I got a memory error just as I walked through the first portal. I'd buy a HD5770 in a flash if there was any ports that can take it. No PCI-e x16 slots or even AGP for that matter, so I can't get one of those old HD46xx ones that had an AGP version. ;(

Looks like I've gotta stick with my PS3 for the time being. I'll tweak CSS later in the week when I get a chance. Thanks a lot Barnz and Oski

Back