Making an epic trip to Western Europe, have rail pass, what do you say chaps?

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
Le babyheadcrab is finally doing his trip to Europe in April (will have exact dates soon)

I know we have a lot of UK and a couple of lazy Swedes--but feel free to surprise me. I don't need housing necessarily, would just be fun to have some drinks and see some of you in person after all these years. I will be spending majority of my time with my twin brother Jon who is working on a Fulbright Scholarship in Madrid.

I will also be at Oxford University to see a friend from my undergraduate studies. Those are my only certain visits so far--but I'd like to see as much as I can.

That being said I'll have plenty of travel time (1 week+) and can go basically anywhere by myself.

Chime in Europeans, if for no other reason to recommend places to visit. I'm very excited. :D

Aw man Im in portugal but Im leaving in a week. Theres not much going on here that Id recommend, Ive always thought Spain was much better. And your brothers there so he'll know all the best shit. Havent been anywhere else in europe.

Nah dude Im moving back to Zambia for awhile, few months at least, theres no work here at the moment. Then Ill go back to england sometime during the year but I dont know when. Silly Headcrab why u no come before

Visit Barcelona while you're in Spain, it's 10x more awesome than Madrid.

Happily, your visit coincides with my holidays. I am free from the 23rd March to the 1st April, from the 2nd to the 14th April will limits (I'll be doing work experience), then until 23rd April. I live in Lewisham, South-East London, and my house is available for lodging. On Thursdays to Sundays, there is also a guest room available. LET'S ****IN' DO IT

No trip is complete to the United Kingdom without a visit to the almighty Black Country Museum!

It's well bostin!

Happily, your visit coincides with my holidays. I am free from the 23rd March to the 1st April, from the 2nd to the 14th April will limits (I'll be doing work experience), then until 23rd April. I live in Lewisham, South-East London, and my house is available for lodging. On Thursdays to Sundays, there is also a guest room available. LET'S ****IN' DO IT

I'll let you know the dates I'm available :) so exciting--if nothing else would be awesome to just grab a drink and talk about how much better we are than everyone else

You have to go to the right places in the UK for it not to suck. Cornwall is an awesome region. I live in the (historic) city of Lincoln at the moment, which is also wonderful, love it here.

London I guess is alright for at most, a couple of days but I don't like spending too much time around there.

If you're gonna go to the UK, choose wisely.

If you happen to go east(as in eastern europe) Give me a shout when you come to Macedonia,i'll take you round Skopje atleast :D

If you're going that far east you should visit Sarajevo, I haven't been there for some years now so I don't know how much has changed/been rebuilt but it's been pretty bizarre both times I've been there. Sudden massive cemeteries (right next to the olympic stadium!). Buy some bullet pens/lighters. Visit Baščaršija. Eat ćevapčići. Stand at the place WW1 started.

Berlin is pretty cool place for some of the same reasons, center of some dramatic history that still scars the city.

Back