Mann vs Machine TF2 Update - Day 1

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not a drill. I repeat. This is NOT a drill.

Mann Co. is under attack. The robots have arrived. RED and BLU have formed an alliance to fight back against the Gray Horde. The Mann Vs Machine update has finally arrived.​
Launching August 15th, Team Fortress 2 is set to receive its biggest update ever. Day 1 of the update has revealed a massive wealth of new content in the form of a new map, an all new trailer, a brand new gamemode, a brand new comic as well as a whole set of info on the robot horde themselves and their special abilities.
From what we can tell so far, the Mann vs Machine update focuses around defending a Mann Co. building from bomb attacks by the Gray Mann created robot horde. The robots, armed with their own variants of classic TF2 weapons, will attempt to kill the player and their team while a "Bomb Carrier" attempts to drop a large bomb into a Mann Co. bombhole. Also mentioned are the inclusion of the long rumored 'Giant Robots', which we believe will appear as boss waves, while the bottom of the main update page also references something...even bigger. Taken from information and hints in the trailer and update pages, it sounds like Mann vs Machine gamemodes will focus on a small focused team of six players, with all classes being selectable.​
One of the update descriptions also describes how players will receive "incredible loot" for surviving all the waves in "any of a variety of missions". The 'loot' has yet to be identified, but we can imagine it being pretty amazing. There is simply too much to detail properly here, so why not go check out the awesome trailer and read all about it for yourself on the official TF2 site. And if you've already watched the trailer, why not go watch it again? It's just that good.​

This is looking really ****ing good.

Might I note how awesome the music is in the new trailer?

I hope it plays during the game when the wave starts.

I imagine some variant of it will, and it'll definitely be available as in-game menu music after the update. I need that theme.

There was a long time span during which I thought I was never going to get excited about a TF2 update again. That time has ... yeah, it has ended.

A horde mode for Team Fortress 2? This will be gloooorious!

Calling it now: The loot is part of a larger ARG which will end with the announcement of HL3 this Friday.

What does this little quote mean?
Take advantage of breaks between waves to upgrade your abilities and weapons.
http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

Upgrade our abilities and weapons? Does this mean that the levels present under the names of weapons will finally get a meaning? Will we be able to make our characters stronger/faster or what?

Calling it now: The loot is part of a larger ARG which will end with the announcement of HL3 this Friday.

What colour do you get if you mix blue and red and gray? That's right, ORANGE, the colour of Freeman's HEV suit!

Also Godron the Messiah makes sense to be a Virgin Birth, so is the son of either Redmond or Blutarch using their Pregnancy Machines?! John Freeman must be the son of the other one and is actually Gordon's cousin not his brother?

And the pants were dead, Eejit.

The pants were dead.

the music in the video is by far my favorite of of all the meet the team shorts. even topping MEDIC!

where the hell is the day 2 update shouldn't it have been released by now?
That's what I'm wondering. I'm actually hyped about this. The hell.
valve.png

Back