Map Compile Failed: "Can't find file specified"

C

coolduderyan07

Ok, I made a CS map relating to the iceworlds, and named it icemap2. It has couple buildings, CT and T spawns, and buyzones. Well I went to compile the map, and got some errors.Here is the log:

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\counter-strike source\cstrike" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\fy_icemap2"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Aug 4 2006)
1 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\fy_icemap2.vmf
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (1)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
writing c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\fy_icemap2.prt...Brush 0: FloatPlane: bad normal
Side 0
Texture: Not a Parse error!

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\counter-strike source\cstrike" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\fy_icemap2"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (May 22 2006)
1 threads
reading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\fy_icemap2.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\fy_icemap2.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -both -final -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\counter-strike source\cstrike" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\fy_icemap2"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (May 22 2006)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
1 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\fy_icemap2.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\fy_icemap2.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\fy_icemap2.bsp" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\coolduderyan07\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\fy_icemap2.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

Then a windows error pops up labeled "hammer", saying: "Windows can't find the file specified "fy_icemap2.bsp"

Also, for some reason it "compiles" in less than 4 seconds and it is a pretty good map. I found that to be wierd.

I've had that before.

Check for errors (Alt+P).
Start HL2 and load a map (any map) in it then try compiling again.

i had this before and found out hammer was compiling my map to the sourcesdk_content folder instead of hl2 ( in youre case CS:S)... and a map cant compile in 4 seconds, hammer is telling you LIES !!... LIIEES !!

-dodo

Well it looks like there aren't any errors, and I have it set to compile to source_sdkcontent, but its not there. It doesn't really compile in 4 secs, it barely even starts the compile, as you see up top, and it gives the file not specified error. It seems it wants to already have a .bsp, which is wierd because it is supposed to make it, not find it. I ran hl2 singleplayer and played a little bit, but still... no compile.

Back