Vconfig can't find the gameinfo file!

drpeppercan

Sandvich
Reaction score
I would like to make some custom props for L4D2.
According to this page, at the bottom, it says that only for L4D2 you should "add a space and "(x86) after "program files" on all locations".
The problem is that either I'm going blind or there's no such a thing as "program files"!

This is the content of my GameConfig.txt:

Code:
"Configs"
{
    "Games"
    {
        "Left 4 Dead 2"
        {
            "GameDir"        "F:\TombRaider\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2"
            "Hammer"
            {
                "GameData0"        "F:\TombRaider\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\bin\left4dead2.fgd"
                "TextureFormat"        "5"
                "MapFormat"        "4"
                "DefaultTextureScale"        "0.250000"
                "DefaultLightmapScale"        "16"
                "GameExe"        "F:\TombRaider\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2.exe"
                "DefaultSolidEntity"        "func_detail"
                "DefaultPointEntity"        "info_survivor_position"
                "BSP"        "F:\TombRaider\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\bin\vbsp.exe"
                "Vis"        "F:\TombRaider\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\bin\vvis.exe"
                "Light"        "F:\TombRaider\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\bin\vrad.exe"
                "GameExeDir"        "F:\TombRaider\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2"
                "MapDir"        "F:\TombRaider\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\sdk_content\mapsrc"
                "BSPDir"        "F:\TombRaider\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\maps"
                "CordonTexture"        "tools\toolsskybox"
                "MaterialExcludeCount"        "0"
            }
        }
    }
    "SDKVersion"        "5"
}

Then what?!
I could really use some help here, PLEASE!

Btw, I am getting the same error from HLMV.exe, the one in the Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

DPC

What is the location of your Left 4 Dead 2 folder?

Edit: My mistake. You have the game in your "TombRaider" folder, which is okay. What is the error message?

Check if your directories are correct -- they link to the actual game folders.

Back