Mass Effect 3 delayed till 2012

goddamnit

oh well, for the greater good n' all that

Good. I didn't want to see this get DA2'd.

Not a delay I'm surprised or disheartened to see. They did announce it and then see the Christmas schedule fill up like crazy.

Though it does kind of mean that there's nothing I'm going to 'consume without question' for the rest of the year.

I'm also in for good. Big name games deserve delays. There are more than enough random nuggets of good times out there to keep me entertained until one comes around.

saw that coming need more time for the other Q4 games anyways like BF3 and UC3

They better release some sweet videos while we wait.

Saw this coming after they bumped StarWarsTOR to the fall season. My wallet will cry less this holiday.

Yeah I have no problem with a delay...this year is chock full of titles as it is, I need me some delays in order to tackle my backlog.

TIL .netters look forward to too much shit. I don't even know what's coming out. Nothing mentioned I give a shit for =\

Skyrim will surely suck my life in 2011, I'm ok with ME3 in 2012.

Also: Deus Ex HR. 2011 is full enough.

I'm definitely fine with that, will be busy with NV DLC, UC 3, and Skyrim, I just hope the latter isn't delayed. But, it's good to see they are trying to make ME 3 a polished experience.

Thank **** for this. I was scared they wouldn't delay it if they needed to.

I haven't even played mass effect 2 yet so it doesn't bother me, I'm also glad so see they aren't rushing it out.

The CEO of EA just stated that ME3 was delayed to allow it to be redeveloped for "a larger market opportunity". If you are familiar with the Dragon Age 2 release, it sounds like they are attempting to go after the "COD crowd" again. Didn't work with DA2, maybe it'll work with ME3, seems to be the thinking. I just hope for the best...

When asked about the delay, EA boss John Riccitiello said, "Essentially, step by step, [BioWare is] adjusting some of the gameplay mechanics and some of the features that you'll see at E3 that can put this into a genre equivalent of shooter-meets-RPG, and essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach."

After DA2, I'm glad they're delaying.

Maybe if they, I don't know, put that money into refining an existing proven idea. It's like once you've sold more than X games, game companies forget that it's possible to make a sequel without trying to turn it into the most popular alternative.

Ugh. You know what, I'll defend (most of) the changes in Mass Effect 2, but I can't really imagine how they could pare the gameplay down any more without trimming some essential elements or changing the fundamentals. If they **** this up, I think I'm pretty much done with Bioware. Mass Effect was the only property keeping me interested in them, and if they can't commit to delivering for the people who already bought the first two games (plus DLC), then I can't in good conscience support them any further. Were it another franchise I might not feel so strongly, but they promoted this from the very start as a trilogy, a series of games which feed into one another in significant ways, and if they can't stick to that ethos then I for one would consider my time in the universe partially wasted for lack of a proper conclusion.

Dumb it down even more? Aw jeez

Gears of Mass Effect.

I really liked Mass Effect 2 alot but i cant disagree with others who feel the game was dumbed down (certainly a second playthrough of it made me realise just how linear the levels really are =/), so I am still cautious to see how bioware mixes up ME3 =/

I really liked Mass Effect 2 alot but i cant disagree with others who feel the game was dumbed down (certainly a second playthrough of it made me realise just how linear the levels really are =/), so I am still cautious to see how bioware mixes up ME3 =/

Mass Effect 1 was very linear, too. The Mass Effect games are like interactive movies. I enjoyed them as I enjoy going to a theater. Role playing or adventure games are different beasts, in my opinion.

I don't see how it could dumbed down any more. I mean I liked the DA2 combat for it's simplicity, but they've already nerfed the weapon selection and upgrade ability for ME, what is there left to take away?

Mass Effect 1 was very linear, too. The Mass Effect games are like interactive movies. I enjoyed them as I enjoy going to a theater. Role playing or adventure games are different beasts, in my opinion.

yeah i cant argue with you, just it sumhow hit me more with ME2 when i kept seeing an open room covered with chest high walls (reminded me of gears abit). And for all the calls of dumbing down lets face it ME1 was never a hugely indepth RPG and was already kinda mainstream =/

The only RPG left in Mass Effect 2 was the dialog options anyway, and I doubt those are going anywhere. Improvement is improvement, even if it is just in the shooter element.

Back