Massive Gabe Newell interview soon in PC Gamer

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
One of the best things about being a right old geek are that I pick up on some small things and decide to run with them as news. Today that small geeky news comes from the latest PC Gamer video blog (beware of the checkered shirts) where they reveal that in the next issue of the mag, coming out in shops on the 28th of September there will be a massive 6-page interview with Gabe Newell. That is a bloomin big interview and will surely be a delight to read. PC Gamer UK by the by.

"Massive Gabe Newell soon in PC Gamer" I assume you mean "Massive Gabe Newell Interview soon in PC Gamer"

At first I thought they were offering a giant plush toy of Gabe.. like those giant stuffed Pandas people win at fairs and carnivals, then immediately regret winning due to the fact their car is parked on the other side of the planet.

and 9 years before that date I was patiently waiting with fingers white against the f5 for news of Half-Life 2's imminent release. =*(

duNL2.jpg

Teehee.

Edit: Oh lol, I didn't even read about the original title flub.

All these goddamn interviews and not a single bit of information!

duNL2.jpg

XydyZ.jpg

All these goddamn interviews and not a single bit of information!

I'll be honest, it's pretty much how I feel. Knowing PC Gamer half of that 6 pages will be some fluff describing Valves Offices, how brilliant Valve are, what brilliant titles they made, etc, etc, then the other half will be Gabe waxing lyrical about Steam, DOTA2 and saying nothing of worth about HL2 EP3 at all.

I'll be honest, it's pretty much how I feel. Knowing PC Gamer half of that 6 pages will be some fluff describing Valves Offices, how brilliant Valve are, what brilliant titles they made, etc, etc, then the other half will be Gabe waxing lyrical about Steam, DOTA2 and saying nothing of worth about HL2 EP3 at all.
Actually, I've loved reading about Valve's work environment and imagining I could change careers and work there someday. That kind of freedom only works, though, when you have a stable of geniuses, and I'm not sure I quite qualify there.

what month is this PC gamer coming so i know what one to buy at chapters

It's coming out right at the end of September so the October edition I assume.

No shit sherlock. If all you're looking for is EP3 info then don't read the damn thing. Even if it turns out there is EP3 info it will be all over the internet immediately after release so if that's all you want there is zero point in reading it. I'll be reading with interest though because Gabe interviews are always great. He's like Steve Jobs except not full of shit.

5 full pages of pictures of previous Valve games, initial commentary from the interviewer and then 1 paragraph of Gabe Newell talking about CS:GO.

So what ever happened to this interview. I got the Oct. Nov. issue and still nothing..

What issue was it in gonna pick it up from B&A

232 - Nothing massively important, mostly DOTA2 and CSGO talk. There was one question about 'That which shall not be named' with the simple answer of: We have nothing.

Back