Max Payne 3!!!!!!!!!!1111

Reginald

Reaction score
custom_1237811317319_MP3_Poster.jpg

!!!

Max Payne 3 is currently in development and scheduled to hit the PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 this winter, Rockstar announced this morning.

The sequel, in development by Rockstar Vancouver, will tell the story of a retired police detective "embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence."

"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/

Discuss.

[strike]Ohshitohshitohshitohshit.[/strike]

In a perfect world, Remedy would have made it, but this shall suffice.

Rockstar Vancouver? Who are those chumps? I don't want no Canadian's touching my Max Payne.

OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD
I WANT IT NOW!

I hope they top remedy work.

OH **** DO WANT.

Max Payne games are some of my favourites everrr.

Shit, that reminds me. I never even finished Max Payne 2 :(

Bully 2006 Action, Adventure PlayStation 2
Bully: Scholarship Edition 2008 Action, Adventure Wii, Windows, Xbox 360
Bully (Special Edition) 2006 Action PlayStation 2
Disney's Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon 2002 Action, Strategy Windows
Global Operations 2002 Action Windows
Half-Life: Counter-Strike 2000 Action Windows, Xbox
Homeworld: Cataclysm 2000 Simulation, Strategy Windows

Sounds like a pretty decent track record to me.

Not to be a stick in the mud but winter this year?

Isn't that a little too soon?

Considering they bought the MP2 IP a while back, I think they've probably had enough time to work on it until now. I'm assuming that they've been working on it for a while before announcing it though.

I really hope Rockstar provides some better modding tools for this one though. I made some stuff for the 2nd one but the tools provided were severely limiting. Maybe this one will allow for more flexibility.

Story sounds pretty cliched, even for Max Payne (a fair few franchises have recently gone down similar routes in terms of plots/character backgrounds); Rockstar Vancouver are the ones who royally f*cked up the PC version of GTA 4 and they're going to have to do something massively impressive with the format to make the gameplay feel fresh.

I be hatin' on this game yo.

Rockstar Vancouver are the ones who royally f*cked up the PC version of GTA 4 and they're going to have to do something massively impressive with the format to make the gameplay feel fresh.

No that was rockstar toronto

I would've preferred Remedy as the developer, but I guess I'll take the "pray it's good" path. Could go either way, we'll see.

Aslong as they keep the unique narrative from Max, im happy.

It's Punisher 2 under a new name.

But, wasn't Max Payne 2 reborn after Mona's Sax death (his own words)?

Or maybe Sax did survive (DOA), but was later killed, throwing Max even further down the spiral of insanity?

Can Max become even more grim and bitter?

Yeah, I'm praying it's good, but expecting Alan Wake to be better. Gotta be better than the movie, right?

Could we finally be getting the Euphoria physics engine in a shooter?

Bully 2006 Action, Adventure PlayStation 2
Bully: Scholarship Edition 2008 Action, Adventure Wii, Windows, Xbox 360
Bully (Special Edition) 2006 Action PlayStation 2
Disney's Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon 2002 Action, Strategy Windows
Global Operations 2002 Action Windows
Half-Life: Counter-Strike 2000 Action Windows, Xbox
Homeworld: Cataclysm 2000 Simulation, Strategy Windows

Sounds like a pretty decent track record to me.
Eh? Of 7 titles, they've made one expandalone that sucked only marginally less than the original game's own sequel, ported a Half-Life mod and then made an utterly forgetable rip-off of it. Then they made a kiddy tie in that can only possibly be better than the utterly terrible film it tied into, and finally they made a single ok game that was more notable because of it association with Jack Thompson, and ported it twice.

I'd draw parallels with the upcoming Deus Ex 3, no doubt hilariously over-using the words 'aboot' and 'buddy', but at least there we don't know what mediocrity the entirely new studio is actually capable of. And where the hell is Alan Wake anyway?

Story sounds pretty cliched.

full stop.

This is Max Payne we're talking about. The series is as cliched as it gets, you can't be serious. Max Payne may be amazing stylized fun, but originality has never exactly been the series' strongest point.

Hmm. Huge fan of the first two, color me cautiously excited.

Great news. The Max Payne series is consistantly awesome.

Finally! :D I hope it's going to be not only a good game, but also a worthy sequel.

I agree with Mikael on this one. Cataclysm is a great game.
It was pretty unbalanced in multiplayer, and the storyline was several kinds of "shit-deadline-approaching-which-sci-fi-cliches-are-in-the-barrel" awful, but I suppose saying it outright sucked would be going too far. Not that I did say that entirely anyway. I said it sucked slightly less than the proper sequel :p
Ain't made by fin, can't be win!!
Similar latitudes :)

Oh look, the protagonist has undergone the transformation from young vengeful action hero into a haggard old disillusioned man who forgets to shave his facial hair. This character is never in video games these days.

Take heed gamers: the mustache is officially in.

image.php

screen019.jpg

custom_1237811317319_MP3_Poster.jpg

Back