Memento

Yuri

Tank
Reaction score
Just watched it. Great movie. :D A little on the confusing side throughout the entire flick, maybe a bit too much. But nevertheless, it was still awesome. I liked the ending a lot, too...

If you're a fan of mysteries or thrillers, you should see Memento. Definately keeps you thinking. And The Matrix cast is in it :p (Carrie-Ann Moss (Trinity) and Joe Pantoliano (Cypher ):D)

Please don't post spoilers without spoiler tags, though! :D

My favorite part of the movie was its originality. How it played backwards was just too cool. I thought the acting was very well done, as well. And its open-ness, the ending was confusing but you still didn't neccesarily know what to beleive.

I saw that movie a long time ago. Damn that was great... need a lot of brain to understand, especially at the end when the guy blow up.... hahaha no just kidding

BTW I'm sure that anybody that hasn't seen the movie yet, will read the damn spoiler. Hard to resist...

not to brag, but i "got" the movie on the first go 'round (but, i knew it had a non-linear plot before i saw it). absolutely fantastic movie, probably in my top 5 (top 10 at least) of all time. i watched it again immediately after i saw it the first time b/c of how great it is. as far as i can recall, it's the only movie i've ever done that with.

AntiAnto said:
BTW I'm sure that anybody that hasn't seen the movie yet, will read the damn spoiler. Hard to resist...
But then it is their fault ;) I just got sick of reading through people's posts and, in the middle, there was a big spoiler. ;(

Carrie-Anne Moss is hawt.

So can anyone give a really quick run down without ruining any of it?

qckbeam said:
So can anyone give a really quick run down without ruining any of it?
Yessir.

Basically, there is this guy who's wife was killed. He got a head injury from that night which gave him a rare mental disorder. The disorder makes it so that he can't form new memories. It's not amnesia, he just can't remember anything after that night. And he is trying to find the guy who killed his wife.

Definately an original idea, eh?

Memento...The. Most. Confusing. Movie. Ever. :rolling:

I had to see it like 4 or 5 times just get the gist of everything and understand it.

But it is a thrilling and bewildering movie altogether.

Erestheux said:
Yessir.

Basically, there is this guy who's wife was killed. He got a head injury from that night which gave him a rare mental disorder. The disorder makes it so that he can't form new memories. It's not amnesia, he just can't remember anything after that night. And he is trying to find the guy who killed his wife.

Definately an original idea, eh?

Thanks :) Sounds quite original. I'll have to check it out out :)

I got the movie the first time through but only having thought about everything that happened. A great movie. I need to pick it up on dvd though because my brother had it and he went to college.

My old supervisor told me how great this movie was once... she said a lot of things, though... I'll have to watch it now I guess. :p

great movie. my friend and i got it first time through... HOWEVER that's not the important thing (hell i don't even remember the ending anymore). what's important and what really sticks with me is the EXPERIENCE of watching the film. it's totally different and very gripping. a MUST SEE if you like thrillers. :)

Sprafa said:
21 Grams took that into a whole other level :p
What, the Carrie-Ann Moss being hot?!?!?!

*Runs out of his house to rend 21 Grams*

:D :D :D

Edit: It doesn't list her on the cast at the IMDB :angry: :flame:

Sprafa said:
21 Grams took that into a whole other level :p

21 Grams could've been just as good, if not better, if it was played out in chronological order. Having random scenes here and there didn't really make any sense and serve no purpose as I see it.

Memento was really interesting. It's been a while since I saw it though. I was like 12 I think. I remember getting so confused since I started watching in the middle of the movie at my uncle's party and I had no clue that the movie wasn't playing in chronological order until my dad told me later. Good times.

do not read if you have not seen the film as what is said next totally gives the film away...

I like the fact that his very last memory before he suffered memory damage was the image of his wife looking as though she was dead. If you watch the film it gives you heavy clues that she is in fact still alive and he just cannot remember that fact. All he can remember is that she 'died' and he has to get vengeance on the killer even though he already has and cant remember it. This film certainly is a mind ****...

ya great movie... i saw it about 3 years ago. i dont know if this is true, but i hear on the DVD there's alternate option to view the movie chronologically, instead of end to beginning, like the movie was intended. perhaps that would help those of you who were a bit confused by the plot? seems worth checking out... if i had money, id buy the DVD lmao...

Dax said:
21 Grams could've been just as good, if not better, if it was played out in chronological order. Having random scenes here and there didn't really make any sense and serve no purpose as I see it.

i disagree... 21 Grams was an excellent movie, and the complete disorder and randomness made it all the more intriguing... and then at the end, everything made sense. whoever directed that movie is a genius. the scenes werent entirely random, when you think abou it, and like i said... at the end it all made complete sense.

brilliant film... i recommend both very strongly. :) plus naomi watts is the hottest 38+ year old in the entire world. :naughty:

im still sorta confused but wasn't the ending

he already killed the people that killed his wife but wanted to take it on someone else so he killed the dude with the glasses to make him feel better. so basically his life is gonna go around in circles and keeps killing dudes to make himself feel better

correct me if im wrong or right b/c i was sorta confuesd

EDIT: so Matt
his wife is already alive but can't remeber that shes alive...how intersting. btw i like the part when he is chaing some guys and he says to himself amd i chasing them or they chasing me and the guys shoot him and he says nevermind and runs away from then..that made me laugh :)

i hear memento was a great movie, i think im gonna buy it along with 21 grams

yes go get memento, it really is a great movie and if you have not seen fight club go watch it too.

Back