Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Demo wont be until sometime after release if I remember correctly.

Didn't demos used to be released before the game? What happened.

Well I managed to play Mercs 2 for the 360 over at a friends house(He has a modded 360, I dont wanna mod mine because of risk of getting blacklisted from XBL), it's fun and has alot of destruction, but overall I feel it isn't quite as well polished as it should be, quite a few glitches and things that look weird, destruction looks only slightly better than Mercs 1 destruction.

What the hell the PC version's getting released on September 5th? Damn it, that's like half a week before spore gets released! D:

Here in Europe it's the same day that Spore gets released! D:

Comes out tomorrow! We should expecting a demo any time now... I hope. :(

To Promote the game, EA offered ?20000 of free petrol at a petrol station.

with predictable response

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7599639.stm

A stunt in which ?20,000 of petrol was given away in north London to promote a computer game has been criticised as "irresponsible and dangerous".

Traffic was gridlocked outside the Last Stop garage in Finsbury Park as drivers queued for ?40-worth of free fuel each.

The promotion began at 0630 BST and ended about four hours later.

Lynne Featherstone, MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, said: "Whilst a lucky few might have got free petrol, hundreds of residents have faced misery".

The Liberal Democrat said: "Trying to recreate Venezuelan-style fuel riots on the streets of London is completely irresponsible and downright dangerous.

"Hundreds of local residents have faced misery on their daily journeys this morning.

"They deserve an apology for being the victims of such an ill thought-out media stunt."

Queuing cars

The stunt was by Electronic Arts, to promote the Mercenaries 2: World in Flames game.

Security staff brought in to control the traffic and deal with rowdy customers had to calm down one resident who waited 10 minutes to get out of his driveway.

Another angry resident who lives near the garage, but did not want to be named, said the stunt was "totally irresponsible".

She said: "What an extraordinary thing to do. I can't believe they've been allowed to do it.

"This area is usually very quiet but look at it now, there's cars queuing everywhere. It's just creating unnecessary problems."

A queue of about 40 cars snaked its way from the petrol station as more and more customers arrived for their free fuel.

Car horns sounded repeatedly as drivers on the other side of the road got snarled up in the congestion.

'Genius idea'

But customers filling up for nothing were very happy.

Prince Davis, 37, who queued patiently for a quarter of an hour for free petrol, said: "This is a genius idea, whoever thought of this should be promoted.

"I'll definitely be buying the game, you're never too old to play computer games."

Louise Marchant, from Electronic Arts, said the scenes of queuing mimicked aspects of the game.

She explained: "It's set in Venezuela, you play a mercenary and fuel is used as a currency."

Cool, went out and spent $50 on it.
Installed.

The ****ing game won't even ****ing start.
I don't have a 64 bit and/or a dual core processor or multi threading or any of that crap, but I did read on some other forums that people without those could still play.
Even saw screenshots and videos for proof.
Their rigs practically matched the same one I have too.

God damn it, I'm returning this piece of shit in the morning... I hate how my my processor has finally become obsolete.
Off to Newegg it I guess. :angry:

The game doesn't even look that good for Christ's sake.

Installed.

I don't have a 64 bit and/or a dual core processor or multi threading or any of that crap, but I did read on some other forums that people without those could still play.

God damn it, I'm returning this piece of shit in the morning... I hate how my my processor has finally become obsolete.

....The game is shit. I don't get why you just wasted $50 on it.

I'm really enjoying it.

I'm sorry to hear that. The game is pure shit. Woo simple, shitty gameplay. Woo pretty explosions. Woo shit storyline. Woo bad voice acting. Woo graphics that look nice one second then look like shit for the next 24 minutes. Woo shitty enemies. Woo infinite life. Woo did i mention the simple as **** gameplay. Woo sluggish car controls. Woo even more sluggish boat controls. Woo glitches out the ass. Woo co-op.

:|

The game blows shit. Go buy a real game like:
B00009QI4B.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mercs 2 sucks. I'd rather play GTA4 with my ass cheeks cut open and bloody and my eyes gouged whilst being ass ****ed by a 30 ton black man.

I'm sorry to hear that. The game is pure shit. Woo simple, shitty gameplay. Woo pretty explosions. Woo shit storyline. Woo bad voice acting. Woo graphics that look nice one second then look like shit for the next 24 minutes. Woo shitty enemies. Woo infinite life. Woo did i mention the simple as **** gameplay. Woo sluggish car controls. Woo even more sluggish boat controls. Woo glitches out the ass. Woo co-op.

:|

The game blows shit. Go buy a real game like: http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00009QI4B.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[IMG]

Mercs 2 sucks. I'd rather play GTA4 with my ass cheeks cut open and bloody and my eyes gouged whilst being ass ****ed by a 30 ton black man.[/QUOTE]

Tell us how you really feel.

Do you really expect innovation these days? Thanks to consoles it is extinct.

Well I managed to play Mercs 2 for the 360 over at a friends house(He has a modded 360, I dont wanna mod mine because of risk of getting blacklisted from XBL), it's fun and has alot of destruction, but overall I feel it isn't quite as well polished as it should be, quite a few glitches and things that look weird, destruction looks only slightly better than Mercs 1 destruction.

/Looks at your sig

Must be ok because it's your friend though huh?

....The game is shit. I don't get why you just wasted $50 on it.

Never played a Mercs game before and I've always wanted to.

Pardon me for being hyped over it and deciding to ignore the reviews.

There isn't right now but there has been, in which over 300 people were killed by the Venezuelan military to subdue the riots, you can read about it at http://en.ce.cn/subject/EnergyCrisis/ECworld/200605/12/t20060512_6934874.shtml

No offense but you really should update yourself on information about your own country.:p

but that hapenned years ago,currently there wasnt another riots like that

also the gamespot review butchered this game a lot,maybe that explain the stunt of giving petrol for buying the game

Installed.

What store did you buy it from that allows refunds on opened and used PC games?

Wasn't expecting a refund.
Just wanted to be rid of it, returned it to Gamestop... I explained to them my problem with it and they gave me store credit.

Oh...

So what kind of parts do you have in your now obsolete computer?

AMD Athlon 2800+ 2.09ghz
7600GS 512mb
2gb ram
Windows XP SP3

Never played a Mercs game before and I've always wanted to.

Pardon me for being hyped over it and deciding to ignore the reviews.

I was the same, but I wasn't hyped for it. It just looked like it was going to be a very fun game, and I ignored reviews when I rented it (I usually always rent before I buy). Anyway, It turned out to be no good. Glad I didn't purchase it!

I got it from Gamefly and it's pretty good, the real fun is in co-op.

QFT while this game may be a buggy, glitchy, pile of poo butter solo, if you throw a friend in it (talking about the game) its becomes quite fun!

I read a couple reviews for this game & they wern't the most positive of reviews a game can get. However, the game looked alot like GTA:SA to me & since I loved that game, I had to get it. So far, I am very much enjoying myself. The game is about as UN-realistic as a game can get, but I am enjoying myself quite a bit regardless. Until I figured out that the "Water Effects" option was making the game run at around 5 FPS, I was getting more than a little frustrated. However, after turning off that option, the game ran Smooth with no further problems.

I don't know why, but the first time I had to hijack a tank & thus had to press the correct keys in order otherwise the guy would pop out & shoot me with his pistol, had me laughing so hard, that the next day it felt like I had been punched in the stomach, since it was sore from laughing so much. When I stop & think about it, it wasn't that funny, but I still cracked up over & over.

-MRG

I loved the original but i find this game to be a disappointment. I could ignore all its flaws,from the visuals to the poor vehicle code, if the button mashing quick time events were absent from this game.
Whatever asshole came up with the ingenious idea to incorporate the Simon Says mechanics into video games, needs to be beaten to death with his very own copy of that board game.

I hate people who try for 5 minutes to fix something and just give up and condemn the game to be shit, honestly.

The devs for PC games can't factor all of the hardware and the combination thereof, it's impossible, some systems will take fixes to work, it's something you can't really avoid.

What achievement is it? Because I should have got the achievement for getting maxium allied mood but I didn't.

HA! Yep, that's the one.

I'm replaying the game as Jen to see if it actually gives it to me this time around.

And what about 360? Is it split screen or system link or online only?

For 360 online only i'm pretty sure.

HA! Yep, that's the one.

I'm replaying the game as Jen to see if it actually gives it to me this time around.

The achievements in that game are screwy, me and my friend were playing and the next day he got on and ge got 11 achievements at once. He got the every one for maxium mood and he didnt even meet the chinese or the allies yet, plus he got the one for a billion dollars and he only had like 1 million. He got so many he shouldn't have.

For 360 online only i'm pretty sure.

Oh well... Split screen would have been the only thing that would make me consider buying the game. Seriously, this should be the standart feature for every coop game.

Back