Metal Gear Solid 5

100% who saw this coming.

So, it's the same game as Ground Zeroes? Or a sequel to that, or... huh?

After this video, I don't even think Hideo Kojima knows what is going to happen. Part of me is excited and part of me is disappointed; I really wanted the Phantom Pain to be it's own stand alone title set in the MGS universe. Regardless, I am interested to see how this game plays into the first games on the NES, namely MG and MG2. Who knows though if we will have 5 more games about big boss until a connection is made. Somehow I feel that will be the case.

I just found out that David Hayter was not approached to be the voice actor of Snake again. Who knows if this is a ruse or not,this is simply a strange move. Maybe this may be the point in the MGS series were snake gets his old man big boss voice after 9 years in a coma. Sounds ridiculous, but everything is going to be ridiculous in this game according to all the trailers they released so far.

I don't like Kojima's stories or storytelling but every MGS game I've played except for Peace Walker I've enjoyed immensely. Having it be open world or semi-open world sounds very interesting.

Kojima you should work on a new IP pal. I ain't mad, but your potential is through the roof and the Japanese gaming business needs your penetration of Western markets.

Kojima you should work on a new IP pal. I ain't mad, but your potential is through the roof and the Japanese gaming business needs your penetration of Western markets.

Exactly!! I have been thinking this way ever since he completed MGS4. He has a ton of potential to branch out and do soo many other things. What about ZOE 3 Kojima?? Or a sequel to Policenauts?!?! Or something new entirely? He has the vehicle to do so many other projects, the FOX engine.

bunch of ****in Hayters itt. I can't w8!

DAVID HAYTER 4EVER.

Besides, I hayte southern land.

A part of me wants to take this Kiefer Sutherland news with a grain of salt and part of me feels that this is really going to happen. I still think Kojima has us all taking his bait. I am waiting for E3 where Kiefer Sutherland will be announced as the motion capture actor and Hayter as the voice of Snake. If not, then I can only accept this game as a point in the MGS story where Big Boss starts to get his old voice. In the trailer it did say he is 49 years old now.

A part of me wants to take this Kiefer Sutherland news with a grain of salt and part of me feels that this is really going to happen. I still think Kojima has us all taking his bait. I am waiting for E3 where Kiefer Sutherland will be announced as the motion capture actor and Hayter as the voice of Snake. If not, then I can only accept this game as a point in the MGS story where Big Boss starts to get his old voice. In the trailer it did say he is 49 years old now.

4fQ4iW4.png

Metal Theft Redemption V: The Phantom Mercenaries

Colour me impressed.

All I can really say about the gameplay according to the new trailer is that this is probably going to be the most ambitious MGS ever. It remains to be seen if the story has gone further down the deep end with Big Boss though. I personally hope that this is the last game with Big Boss, since they really milked the hell out of a great character. I am just crossing my fingers that the story delivers and that Big Boss can rest in peace in terms of games.

The fast forward effect is really obnoxious.

I think it's better than if they were just cutting between highlights. Lets you see how things actually play out and how big the areas are.

Linked in chat. Same trailer with some added bits, nothing hugely revealing as far as I can tell.

Does Skullface remind anyone else of Goda from GITS? Gettin that creepy man-behind-the-scenes vibe from him.

I can't be bothered to find the sources for these but apparently a PC version is still under consideration, the game will feature/allow user created levels/scenarios and the game is somewhat episodic. There will be a series of open world areas each with their own self contained storyline as part of the bigger storyline. What I'm guessing is the first episode will be Ground Zeroes (still not entirely sure if that's part of this game or a separate game, but with the whole "episodes" thing I'm guessing the former), then Big Boss will end up in a coma, then we'll have him waking up with the crazy visions and shit from the trailer at the top of the thread, then the second full episode will be Big Boss rescuing Miller in Afghanistan from the E3 trailer, then the rest of the game.

Wow this is actually coming a lot sooner than I thought. I still need to play Guns of the Patriots, though.

Back