ríomhaire rises from the grave to do blatant self promotion

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
So yeah I obviously haven't been around much. I got a job a little over a year ago and I've been busy and also just hanging out elsewhere online. I've also been writing a blog mostly about computer games that I sometimes manage to actually update and I have just tried my hand at video game youtube video essay wankery so here I am to ask people to look at it.

The video (it's about the tranquilizer gun in Metal Gear Solid)
The blog

Got a job, moved not too far away from home, started using reddit more, started hating reddit more, became a dirty commie SJW, started a blog (obv) and am generally doing pretty well other than being really shit at making friends in new places. But I like the people I work well and I like the people I live with am I'm only an hour away from my friends back home so I'm not too bad on that front regardless. So I'm pretty good overall I think.

Also I'm not a soup nerd sorry.

Got a job, moved not too far away from home, started using reddit more, started hating reddit more, became a dirty commie SJW, started a blog (obv) and am generally doing pretty well other than being really shit at making friends in new places. But I like the people I work well and I like the people I live with am I'm only an hour away from my friends back home so I'm not too bad on that front regardless. So I'm pretty good overall I think.

Also I'm not a soup nerd sorry.
I know something else you can promote now you're back. THE FRONT PAGE.

I read your Descent blog entry and now I have resumed my interest in any (and I mean ANY) fan reboot of Descent to get released.

Agreed completely on the tranq gun point. Most games have some sort of "tranq" gun unfortunately. Game that have stealth mechanics especially seem to suffer from the weakness of a single weapon being too good. Maybe its just my style of play, but in games like Splinter Cell, I use 99% the first silenced pistol you unlock and 1% the first silenced sniper rifle. I don't even use any of the gadgets, let alone the "loud" weapons, because I get into the "spirit" of the game and to me it would be ridiculous to use any of them when you have a surefire way of getting the job done fast and without dying. Just to mess about once I tried using loud weapons in Blacklist and it actually took longer to accomplish the objective than to stealth through it.

I think stealth mechanics in games have a long history of being unbalanced in your favor, and I do think my enjoyment of the games suffer as a result.

D:

Tumblr would love you

but don't ever actually go there, their form of social justice is literally mental abuse and death threats in the name of *~EQUALITY~*
lol tumblr is just a series of blogs. You only see whatever you follow. There's no front page or official selection or anything. My feed is just full of video game shite.

lol tumblr is just a series of blogs. You only see whatever you follow. There's no front page or official selection or anything. My feed is just full of video game shite.
Tumblr is just an example of what happens when you give people more or less unrestricted free speech. It isn't really the fault of the platform at all, it's the fault of the individuals who make up a create and run the infamous pages.

Twitter is also pretty ****ing awful for the same reason, I'm not sure why Tumblr gets more hate... lack of celebs to slavishly follow?

D:

Problem is, I like to get the adrenaline rush from seeing people being wrong and telling them they are wrong. A vicious cycle of confrontation, a strange game where the only winning move is not to play.
Twitter is also pretty ****ing awful for the same reason, I'm not sure why Tumblr gets more hate... lack of celebs to slavishly follow?
Amen. Twitter is just as ****ing garbage. Not as a platform, of course, but it enables a lot of people to spray their toxic bullshit on everything and spread it very far.

My problem being I follow many people I truly like with content I enjoy, but their views are extremely bad.

Let's just celebrate Rimjob being back to blowing my tiny peepee.

I read your Descent blog entry and now I have resumed my interest in any (and I mean ANY) fan reboot of Descent to get released.
I assume this is about Descent Underground (didn't read the post) and I contributed to that kickstarter and CAN'T ****ING WAIT. In terms of 6DOF games I've been playing Elite Dangerous lately and it's ****ing amazing... looking forward to putting my $150 HOTAS to work on a Descent reboot (Saitek X52 Pro).

Also riomhaire nice Tau army :)

I assume this is about Descent Underground (didn't read the post) and I contributed to that kickstarter and CAN'T ****ING WAIT. In terms of 6DOF games I've been playing Elite Dangerous lately and it's ****ing amazing... looking forward to putting my $150 HOTAS to work on a Descent reboot (Saitek X52 Pro).

Also riomhaire nice Tau army :)

Not it's actually about the original Descent. Rock Paper Shotgun were supposed to be doing a monthly "book club for games" and Descent was the inaugural game (the book club seems to have died before it got off the ground though, maybe I was the only person who actually wrote something for it?)

I wrote two blog posts. One about reading the manual, one about actually playing the game again.

Also here's the latest addition to my Tau army. I'll put it on the actual blog when it's finished.

A4waJJy.jpg

Am I the only one that read that in the Soldier's voice? :LOL:

I was wondering where you had gone off to... I only return on occasion, but had noticed your absence.​

Back