Microsoft: Hypocrites & Pirates

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
This made me giggle.

From the Urban Dictionary definition for deepz0ne:

Deepz0ne is a very well known cracker. Read below for history:

Microsoft have been bust yet again. They have been using a cracked version of Sound Forge to create files that are inside the Windows Tour folder.

These files have been made with Sound Forge 4.5 (The cracked version) first cracked by a cracker called "Deepz0ne".

Deepz0ne was one of the founders of the cracking group "Radium" and cracked the first ever Sound Forge 4.5, for illegal, pirate use.

It seems that Microsoft have got the pirate copy, and just made the files on that.

How do I fnd this you ask? Do the following:

Click "My Computer"
Double click the C:/ Drive (Local Disk)
Double click the "WINDOWS" folder
Double click the "Help" folder
Double click the "Tours" folder
Double click the "WindowsMediaPlayer& quot; folder
Double click the "Audio" folder

You will then be presented with WAV files. Right click any one of these, and open it with NotePad. Scroll right to the bottom and you should see this:

"2000-04-06 IENG Deepz0ne ISFT Sound Forge 4.5" The first 4 digits may alter, but everything else stays the same.

As you can clearly see, Deepz0ne's cracked SoundForge was used to create these files, which is illegal. Also considering microsoft is against it...

Look it up on your PC, you will see how much Microsoft are liars, and also fakes.

I just did, and it's true. Pwned. So much for antipiracy.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Deepz0ne

Wow, Microsoft are really a bunch of assholes. That's why I never pay for any copy of their OS.

Ennui, I thought that links with those trick-people-into-clicking things were against the rules?

Edit: Also, I giggled.

I was hoping for the other (awesome) type of pirate when I clicked this thread.

However, that is rather amusing. :LOL:

Ahahaha, that's awesome. Couldn't Sony sue Microsoft for billions considering Windows XP is on just about every computer and that could be considered distributing pirated stuff. Hm.

Very interesting.

Have my own "acquired" copy myself.

It's only piracy when it deals with a microsoft product. Duhh!! Wow your all so stupid.

(it's only piracy when a ms product gets pirated)

Also, I can't wait to see what Sony has to say about this...

I mean I don't understand his attitude as if people here are making exceptions to piracy.

In before Shasta.

TBH, not surprised. This goes in line with the 'Bill sux' transistor joke, but then that wasn't MS.

I mean I don't understand his attitude as if people here are making exceptions to piracy.
Piracy is defined as: Stealing something Microsoft does not want you to steal.

There are no exceptions.

Obviously this other program is not a Microsoft product and thereby not subject to "Piracy" the same way Microsoft products are. God! Don't you know anything! Wow your so dumb! Get a life!

*Knocks On Wood*

He was banned for a month (I had some part in that), then I thought he was back.

eh...I just searched...and it seems Shasta's account and every post he ever made has been erased D:

Ahahahaha... maybe he changed his name. Prolly.

hah, thats really funny.
they probably outsourced the work on the sounds to some little studio in the area that couldn't afford software to do their job. heh

lol @ Microsoft

lol @ Shasta

lol @ Rick Roll

Animal-Funny-0004.jpg

He's been banned for a while now right

eh...I just searched...and it seems Shasta's account and every post he ever made has been erased D:

Ahahahaha... maybe he changed his name. Prolly.

Look at this thread: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125840&highlight=Shasta

People are quoting and replying to his non-existent posts :LOL:

haha, shasta got erased! AWESOME!

I'd flame you all for being so laughably wrong, but it's just too easy.

A thread about Microsoft being hypocrites by pirating software turns into a thread about Shasta. I'm willing to put money a thread about Shasta would turn into a thread about Microsoft.

Back