Mission Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol

no matter how much I try to hate tom cruise-I just can't he's just too awesome.

It's a good thing I can separate the person from the actor. I hate him as a person, but like most of the movies he's been in.

Looks interesting I guess, minus the lame music.

Looks like a bit of fun maybe. Cruise is still a pretty enjoyable actor.

I like Cruise! He always does his best with EVERY film role and I respect him for that, I think he's a good actor actually. This doesn't look half bad actually, all the Mission Impossible films so far have entertained me to some degree so will likely check this out.

So far I think MI3 has been the best in the series.

The first was by miles the best for me, was just a really cool old fashioned spy film, was directed SO well and was very immersive. I was kind of disappointed that they changed the franchise into action, but they still did well with 2 and 3 despite this.

Well, actually! Actually! SO well! The best by MIIIIIIIIIIILES!

According to rumor, Tom cruise died during the making of this film, and some bloke named Brian had his brain implanted into Tom's body after he was in a car crash, and had to finish the film in Tom's body.

Couldn't they just use one of those fancy masks instead?

Are you a dick outside the forums too? And if so are you sure your friends/family actually like you?

Haha, it's as if you think these reactions will someday actually phase him. Also, they kind of undermine your whole, "I'm above your immature mockery" thing. Your reactions are also so disproportionate to what's initially said to you. I'd consider Samon's comment tame if he said it in real life, let alone on an internet forum.

"Shift sounded strange and overly excitable!"
"You're such a dick. I doubt anyone in the world likes you."

Turn the other cheek maybe? Because as far as hits go, his was a playful slap and yours was a roundhouse.

sheepo are you and samon gaymarried?

this movie looks fun, and i liked the music :p

I enjoy Tom Cruise's performances. I think much like Russell Crowe many overlook his acting as they criticise him in reality. That said, he is one hell of an asshat.

And as for these forum debates, let's be a bit more harmonious guys. Samon is just a dick on the forums because that's what internet people do! Belittle others with none of the consequences of reality. And you shouldn't take offence for those very same reasons.

Enjoyed 1 & 2 but was never really that impressed with 3. Gotta say, this one looks pretty decent, though.

Also, gotta love Simon Pegg as Benji.

Turn the other cheek maybe?

I should say the same for him. His comment wasn't needed, so I just wanted to ask if his whole 'I am the troll lord' antics actually passed on to his real life. It was my way of saying, just stop being a dick because its old and boring now and no one is impressed.

sheepo are you and samon gaymarried?
Despite what I'm sure you think, I don't much care for Samon at all, but I generally find the bullshit anti-pretentious sob squad far more annoying than him.
I should say the same for him. His comment wasn't needed, so I just wanted to ask if his whole 'I am the troll tyrant of the forums' antics actually passed on to his real life. It was my way of saying, just stop being a dick and get over yourself, because its old and boring now and no one is impressed.
Oh man, so it was a very serious question? I understand completely now, you're doing a survey. Of course.

And seriously, more than anything, I have to wonder if you were actually bothered by what he said? I laugh when my friends stumble over their words pretty much everyday, in real life. And they laugh too. Been doing so since I was a child. I just have to wonder if you will ever have thick enough skin to withstand the playful teasing of children.

If I joke or mock or tease a friend of mine for what they said once in and awhile sure, but if the majority of the time I responded condescendingly to whatever one person might say well there's a difference.

Despite what I'm sure you think, I don't much care for Samon at all, but I generally find the bullshit anti-pretentious sob squad far more annoying than him.

Oh the irony..

And seriously, more than anything, I have to wonder if you were actually bothered by what he said? I laugh when my friends stumble over their words pretty much everyday, in real life. And they laugh too. Been doing so since I was a child. I just have to wonder if you will ever have thick enough skin to withstand the playful teasing of children

My ability to withstand it is completely irrelevant, we aren't children, the comment wasn't needed, it was perfectly fair point to make. Why must you be so bloody liberal about everything?

Sure, in most cases Samon is an actual dick, but I really don't see how you could be that upset with him here. If you want to fight with him, why not save it for when he actually deserves it? If anyone else posted the exact same thing as he did here, I can't see anyone having a problem with it. It also bothers me because Shift spends a lot of time looking down on other people for stuff like this when half the time he's responding with the exact same petty bullshit with a trace of superiority thrown in.

Edit:

So much irony! Maybe you want to get to the part where you explain why? Or is that three posts from now? Perhaps you could cut straight to the point instead of fishing around.

Oh please. Let's make sure nobody says anything unnecessary from here on out. Just completely emotionless statements concerning the topic brought forth in the OP. No referring to any posters. Not even if you're being positive or complimenting them. It's not necessary, and the recipient may actually find your compliment offensive!

You misunderstood the point of bringing it to children. I meant that the comments were lighthearted and trivial and not in the least spiteful or offensive.

I'm with Sheepo on this.

But I also would like to throw in that Samon is totally just as much of a dick in real life. And I for one love him for it.

Inbeforegay

But I also would like to throw in that Samon is totally just as much of a dick in real life. And I for one love him for it.

Yorick confirmed for being Samon's alternate personality/imaginary friend.

Movie looks like a ton of fun.

That music was god awful though, needs more MI theme.

The only reasons I would consider this movie is 1)Simon Pegg is back, 2)Brad Bird is directing. He is Pixar's director of "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille".

This does look fun. I've enjoyed Brad Bird's movies as well so that's another incentive for me to see it.

Cruise is always a joy to watch on screen.

Also, lol @ all the babies overreacting. It's bloody samon, he's our Gordon Ramsey.

Samon makes mean jokes sometimes, and has a angry looking Daffy Duck avatar. People hate him and his attitude.
Krynn makes mean jokes all the time, and has a happy looking dog avatar, yet people don't seem to hate me as much.

We should do an experiment Samon, you change your avatar to this:
eYUjC.jpg

And I'll change mine to this.
kryn.jpg

Then we can see if people dont take your mean jokes as seriously anymore, and start taking mine more seriously.

Oh, and I'd watch this movie. Tom Cruise's personal life doesn't seem to affect his acting performance much, and I think hes pretty good at it(though not great).

I think I'm going to enjoy this. MI:1 is a classic; MI:2 - mixed feelings, the action was too over-the-top; MI:3 I thought was great and the 'movie reality' in it was within acceptable limits.

As for Tom Cruise, I respect him as an actor, he really puts work into those movies. As a person, from what I saw and heard about him he seems like a great guy to hang around with, until he starts talking about scientology.

The only reasons I would consider this movie is 1)Simon Pegg is back, 2)Brad Bird is directing. He is Pixar's director of "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille".
This does look fun. I've enjoyed Brad Bird's movies as well so that's another incentive for me to see it.

Glad I'm not the only one excited to see a Brad Bird movie. The Incredibles and Ratatouille are really great movies, but my absolute favorite is The Iron Giant. Here's a great acceptance speech from the 2011 Annie Awards (skip to 4:30 for his actual acceptance speech).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQX0DF6A19I

Back