Modification News: 10th February

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We now publish mod news!

As I'm sure you may have noticed by now, HalfLife2.Net have started publishing modification news as a way to make our site even more community friendly. HalfLife2.Net will endeavour to bring you a one-stop resource for all of your Half-Life 2 news, and you will likely see some changes to the web site in the coming months. For now, we will concentrate on modifcation news and I will try and post as much mod news as possible, but if you work on a mod and you ever have any news you'd like to share, or you're a fan of a mod and we don't give the modification enough coverage then please contact me with the details on my e-mail address which is [email protected] or [email protected]

Let's start with today's news!

Storyline Details Released and New Renders

Operation: Shadow Phoenix has just released some new renders of their M4A1 that they've recently skinned and their new MP7 model. There's also many other new renders to view here.

View their forum thread about the new storyline here or view the snippet below:

The year is 2015. The world appears much the same with few tensions between World leaders and is nearing complete harmony. It was at this problem free time in history the most bizarre thing known to man took place.

Definitely worth a read.

Neoshock WIP Renders and New Concepts

PinFX from Neoshock Online have recently informed us of new work in progress renders and concept art pictures. I strongly recommend you take a look at this mod as it already looks promising.

You can view a collection of the new work here, or here.

The team are now also taking application forms for an experienced mapper so your help would be greatly appreciated.

I hadn't heard of this mod until now, and its got a really cool story. Thanks for the info Chris.

Somewhat offtopic: Will the mod news move to the .dev site when it goes public?

I kind of liked the absence of mod news, as it's mostly just renders and stuff. Oh well.

We want to attract more people to the community. Rather than making 20 news posts a day for renders, what I'm going to try to do is just make one posting a day with that day's mod news in it. This will not effect the coverage we give to the other HL2 topics.

We also want the better mods to get the coverage they deserve.

http://dev.halflife2.net is going to be a bit like the VERC. It'll be a resource for mod makers and mod enthusiasts to visit to get tutorials on modelling, skinning, mapping and all aspects of editing HL2.

hmmm, u missed out the first weapon model for Neoshock.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/st4tic/Carella_09mm_Final.jpg

Infact, just wait until the next media release. I really shouldn't have posted it before.

Also, I only think they will be a couple or maybe just 1 mapping position left. Because I have just got 2 mappers for the team, but need to ask PinFX about it first.

Also thanks for mentioning us Chris_D

I still can't wait for the .dev site :D

IchI said:
hmmm, u missed out the first weapon model for Neoshock.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/st4tic/Carella_09mm_Final.jpg

Infact, just wait until the next media release. I really shouldn't have posted it before.

Also, I only think they will be a couple or maybe just 1 mapping position left. Because I have just got 2 mappers for the team, but need to ask PinFX about it first.

Also thanks for mentioning us Chris_D

I still can't wait for the .dev site :D

Ill let you and your mod to visit .Dev before it goes public... the only thing you need to do is to write some tutorials/articles! :D

Hehehehe, I will do. Might actually start a weapon modelling tutorial now.

cool idea,, halflife2.net has always been one of my favourtie news sites,, but I always thought there wasn't enough emphasis on mods, now it's perfect :D

only one suggestion for the future,, I'd like to see a list of all released mods (hopefully with reviews) after halflife 2 comes out and people start releasing stuff for it...

I know it seems kind of obvious but no other game has ever gotten it right on keeping track of all the mods released for the game

Shinobi, we're going to try and work closely with mod teams so whenever a mod is released, you'll hear about it here.

We also have serveral "services" planed for the .Dev site to help mod teams.

The links in the article no workie-workie. Me very saddened.

I hav one question
are a especifical tool to made mods?
I just know are the worldcraft to made multiplayer levels,are a tool or program like that?
its downloadble?

just for PR reference, when will you be posting mod news each night?

Back