MOH: Pacific Assault proves the doubters wrong....

Lifthz

Reaction score
Wow, that looks awsome, but i diddn't like the way the gamplay looked, too rambo.

Have they changed the engine for this one or have they managed to squeeeze out some more from the good q3 based one?

I think they must have changed the engine. Don't quote me on it though. I just dont see that being in a quake 3 based engine :)

A) His eyes freak me out
and
B) Was that dude just shooting down planes with a Tommy gun?

Originally posted by MrMethane
Have they changed the engine for this one or have they managed to squeeeze out some more from the good q3 based one?

It is not the Quake engine at all really, it just has some coding from the Quake engine for the map editors and stuff but overally it is a totally new engine made specifically for this game.

Looks excellent, but im not too sure about these MOH's, there to 'america won the war' ethnicts. I mean, im not digging on the americans, but what about the british, russians and french...and im sure the canadians were involved in it?

But still looks good, and no doubt i will buy it, because apart from the americanism (is that a word? lol) there still solid games, and i enjoy them.

And HL2 looks just as good as this...there two different set pieces, so you cant really put them side by side, each is dealing with a different subject:p

I think that's why COD is all good....ltos of action....scripted or not, and fighting on 3 different sides... :bounce:

Originally posted by Kwyjiboman
I think that's why COD is all good....ltos of action....scripted or not, and fighting on 3 different sides... :bounce:

Thats what i like about it aswell, i cant wait to play the russian theatre....one weapon for two men, thats going to be a battle.

Looks very fun. Still no blood though!

And some of the physics looked a bit... jerky.

That looks pretty cool, actually.. I've never really played MOH games, but, looks spiffy, the brush looked nice especially

My god those vids were amazing!!!!

I especially like the new AI... "BONSAIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!"
....amazing

and the facial animation... wow......he swallows.....now THATS detail

game looks sweet! iron sighting, great gameplay, ai, awesome character modeling.... "hl2 still better" hahaha.. HL2 might still be a real good competitor but it doesn't look THAT much better than this.. the vegetation looks close to perfect and the overall enviornment is very high quality sh**.

Physics to jerky? no blood? eyes freak me out? too rambo? ahah comon guys.. get real

Originally posted by pHATE1982
and the facial animation... wow......he swallows.....now THATS detail

BWHAHAHAHAHA! oh god, that's so funny in a dirty way!

Originally posted by Tlaloc
Physics to jerky? no blood? eyes freak me out? too rambo? ahah comon guys.. get real

Get real.....with a computer game :dozey:

lol jkin mate:D

Does MOH:pA use ragdoll of death animation? It looked likes pre-programed death anamations to me. Other than that and the whole shooting down planes with a Tompson thing, I think the game looks awsome.

Wow who needs AA guns when you've got a tommy...

Looks good, but will it play good? that's the real question here ;)

Actually, you could take down WW2 planes with a tommy gun, its still bullets, and if they hit the engine then it can bring the plane down.

Originally posted by DarkelP
BWHAHAHAHAHA! oh god, that's so funny in a dirty way!

how did i not notice that when i was typing?

*hangs head in shame*

You'll make me blush

Originally posted by pHATE1982
how did i not notice that when i was typing?

*hangs head in shame*

You'll make me blush

aww, its ok :cheers:

Just swallow ur pride....

WOW. That face, those eyes, its amazing. Those have to be the most realistic eyes in any game to date. Really impressive.

The fact that all of you guys, even though you are used to seeing amazing faces and eyes in a game(hl2), you still thought the pic of this guy was just too good to be in-game. AND IT WAS! That really says something.

None of the other MOHs used ragdoll. But the new engine for Pacific Assault will use ragdolls, no two deaths are identical.

I completed MOH:AA, and MOH:AA:SH but im having trouble on MOH:AA:SH:BT, but I'll complete it:D

Originally posted by EvilEwok2.0
WOW. That face, those eyes, its amazing. Those have to be the most realistic eyes in any game to date. Really impressive.

The fact that all of you guys, even though you are used to seeing amazing faces and eyes in a game(hl2), you still thought the pic of this guy was just too good to be in-game. AND IT WAS! That really says something.

I see you still have your job as a shit-stirrer - is the pay good?

Originally posted by Murray_H
I see you still have your job as a shit-stirrer - is the pay good?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Thats some of the fiunniest stuff i've seen tonight on these forums!

I completed MOH:AA, and MOH:AA:SH but im having trouble on MOH:AA:SH:BT, but I'll complete it:D

I hear that, BT is hard and IM a MOH veteran we should get together for a game of good old AA sometime.

I aint stirring up any shit, im just commenting on these amazing vids. You people fallow me around every time i post and try to bait me, its getting old.

Originally posted by The Terminator
I hear that, BT is hard and IM a MOH veteran we should get together for a game of good old AA sometime.

Sounds like a plan! problem with BT, is i run out of ammo really quick :/ but it didnt happen in the other games...did you find that?

Oh my lord, the faces looked awesome (although I personally think the eyes look to glassy, a little) , man!

CrazyHarji, where is your avatar actually running to? or from? and will he ever get there?

CrazyHarji, where is your avatar actually running to? or from? and will he ever get there?

Its a prisoner in Metal Slug, he runs off the screen.

I'm still a bit suspicious of that face, why did they show it up against a big metal wall rather than actually a location in the game?

I'm still a bit suspicious of that face, why did they show it up against a big metal wall rather than actually a location in the game?

See, this is what im talking about.

Halflife2 has some really great facial expressions and animations, and you guys are very familiar with top quality game faces since you are hl2 fans. And yet despite that you were still fooled by a screenshot of this guys face. Even you, who are familiar with what might have been the highest quality game faces around, you still thought this guys face was too good to be in-game. And now that we see it in action, you are still not convinced it is really in-game.

That just goes to show just how awesome the faces in this MOH game are, if even hl2 fans think its too good to be true.

Back