Monitor solution.

Reaction score
Just got a new rig:

i7 920 @ 3.4gig, 6gig ram, GTX 285.

Main game thats going to be played is arma 2. (along with some racing games, assorted fps and whatever else takes my fancy)

Now i havn't got a monitor yet for this new setup (currently have a 19" LCD nicked from my dads computer)

I'm mostly going to be gaming but rarely watch a DVD, which i'm not to worried about screen size or having a 'home cinema'

I've got, i dunno about £300 ish to spend on the screen set up.

Here are my possible ideas:

-3x 19" viewsonic VA1926W 5ms LCD 1440x900 in triple head (4320x900)
Arma 2 has full triple head support and it looks great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9knBarbFYZo&feature=related

Now those monitors are on a clearance special at the mo, they are very good and normally £100 but down to £79 a piece, BUT this set up requires the addition of the triple head 2 go box which seems to be about £200! so the total setup would be £337.

OR

-Get a big, high quality monitor 26 inch or a bigger HDTV and because of a lack of wrap around prob purchase a trackIR headtracking unit.
Again the cost would be £300-400 region.

OR

Just make do with a solid quality 22" LCD, ignore any gimmick or big screen and save money but have a inferior gaming experience.

Ideas?
Anyone use triple head?
I've never used above 19" monitor in the past so i don't know the pros and cons of larger screen gaming first hand, is a monitor above 22" even practical for gaming?

Cheers.

I honestly couldn't stand playing games on a screen that isn't seamless. Also, if you're looking to buy several cheaper screens, chances are the picture quality would suffer compared to just buying a single larger monitor. For a quality 16:9 monitor in your price range with a great picture, I would suggest the BenQ E2400HD. Of course, you could always save up for this:

medium_2174486590_51dce629bf_o.jpg

24" is a great size for a single or dual monitor setup. The combined width of two will mean you will need to angle them a bit unless you plan to put them vertically. I personally wouldn't go any lower than 24", but not really any higher either. You can make it as big as you want man, but you're going to have to head track like crazy if you get it too big.

I have a 22" and it is wonderful. For gaming at a desk I wouldn't want anything much bigger.

Back