More Logo Entries Showcased. One Week to Go!

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have been absolutely bowled over by the number of high quality entries to our Desgin a Logo Contest.

The quality of the entries has been awesome and we cannot wait any longer to showcase some more of them. The below entries are by no means definitive and there's certainly loads more entries we could showcase.

Here is just a few of the good ones we have received:

valvetimelogo_voythas.png valvetimelogo_adrians.pngvalvetimelogo_Tinckerbel.png valvetimelogo_voythas.jpgvalvetimelogo_porcsin.jpg valvetimelogo_Uribaani.jpg valvetimelogo_MekoFox.jpg
There is now only a week to go before the competition closes and so there's plenty of time to get your entry in.​
You can see even more entries in the original news post here. Which one is your favourite so far?​

valvetimelogo_tinckerbel-png.23279

This one wins or I will never stop calling this site hl2.net.

Though I'd prefer it without the grunge overlay.

This one wins or I will never stop calling this site hl2.net.

Though I'd prefer it without the grunge overlay.

Thanks!
Here you go! A lot cleaner! Though the grunge gives it some extra body...

ValveTime-011.png

I prefer it with the grunge overlay. It sticks out a bit too much without it, and it makes us seem more evil.

Grunge one might be better for a banner, but you need a cleaner one for watermarks and icons and such.

I really like the "25th timezone" entries, but they're not a logo.

All of these are quite good.

I don't know why "The 25th Timezone" wasn't an entry in the Tagline Contest, because I seriously love that. NEWS FROM THE 25TH TIMEZONE.

Not sure what inspired this, but at least it's different to current entries:
jMnOn.png

Obviously not going to submit it like that, if at all. Probably no way to make it look good. I'm aware it looks like shit right now. I'll work on it some more and see if it's worth pursuing.

I like the colors in the timezone submission.

This one is very poppy and looks nice, but if only it represented time just a little bit more.

That's pretty cool, ríomhaire. I would like to see more.

Smash that one's pretty subtle. It shows time with the 12 marks around the dial of the valve like a clock with the 3 missing not just as a style but as a joke about Valve not releasing games with 3 in the title. He explains it in a page he linked to.

Smash that one's pretty subtle. It shows time with the 12 marks around the dial of the valve like a clock with the 3 missing not just as a style but as a joke about Valve not releasing games with 3 in the title. He explains it in a page he linked to.

I know, we all read it, and it makes sense in theory, but (at least to me) it comes across more as a pie than a clock.

I also can't help but think Pac-Man

I don't know why "The 25th Timezone" wasn't an entry in the Tagline Contest, because I seriously love that. NEWS FROM THE 25TH TIMEZONE.

There had been really great entries with clocks and hourglasses and I felt that if I want to keep up with them I have to come up with something different. This thinking process wouldn't have been there at the tagline contest. Therefore, the time zone idea would not have occured to me. Also, I'm more enthusiastic about design than taglines, so this contest sparked my imagination more easily. :)

Back