MSI wind graphics and sound problems

ajezard

Reaction score
I havent been online for a while now but the other day i got myself a new laptop and ive been having a few problems with it.

Its an MSi Wind U130
Processor: Intel antom N450 @ 6.66GHz
Ram: 1GB
Graphics: Intel GMA 3150

Now the problems ive been having with are this; I installed my new Sam & Max game using Daemon Tools as it doesnt have a Disk drive, wich all worked fine, but the Icons have the windows admin sheild next to them (not sure if this is normal or not with win 7 but just pointing it out). Anyway when I run the game it runs pretty well seing as its pretty low specs im running it on, but in certain areas of the game (usually when im talking to somebody or im in the office) the graphics flicker randomly, and the sound jumps and cuts peices out but there isnt any lag at all. I was just wondering if its a problem with windows 7 or something with my laptop (or notebook whatever you want to call it), because the game runs fine on my desktop pc (windows xp),so im not sure what the problem could be. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I've tryed playing spore aswell and I have the same problem but when I start the game it tells me my graphics drivers are out of date, I've tried updating them but it says that tthey are up to date and I've looked on the Intel website but found nothing for my card :S

Bump, please help, im sure theres somebody that can help

The shield is the Windows Security Shield, which indicates to user programs may need, and activate UAC to run.

Could the 6.66Ghz CPU frequency be the source of the issue? Oh! It is a typo? Never mind then.
Right-click the game icon, properties, compatibility. Mark "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and chose which mode game best worked.
Also, you could check out Sam & Max community and see if there are any tricks.

If that doesn't work for you, I'm fresh out of ideas. I have never played the game, But I'll bump the thread for you.

Good Luck.

1. Ram is way to low to run windows 7 and a game at the same time.

2. GMA 3150 can do alot of new shader effects and things like that but paired with that processor you wont get any decent performance out of spore.

3. these aren't meant to do hard gaming, i have the U123 with 1.66 proc. and the gma 950. Yours is more powerful but the cpu cant handle it. im able to play most games made in early 2000 and before that just fine.

Its called netbook and not a laptop for a reason

You could try a program called GMAbooster, it raised my fps a bit. http://gmabooster.com/home.htm

Could just be a graphics driver issue. You see, ATI and Nvidia are for gaming and they update and maintain their drivers based on how they run each game. If a new game renders weird with current Nvidia drivers they know about it and will have it fixed in a new update. Intel probably doesn't care. As long as the chip is working and stable they don't care if their driver renders all games glitch free or not (except maybe really popular ones that Intel graphics can run like WOW).

The intel driver is probably up to date. But the game thinks the date of the driver is old (not that there is a new one) because it is used to Nvidia and ATI updating their drivers often.

Back