MSN emoticions: who events this crap?

Xendance

Tank
Reaction score
wtfemotcionszd5.jpg

One acronym: WTF?

Infact, it took me about five minutes to work out what it means:

Got to go thunder and lightning will brake ma pc.

Do me a favour, and don't use these emoticions.

I have that problem here at work. Some of the people have a shit ton of letter replacers. I just walk in their room, "What the hell are you saying, I can't read that crap"

FYI, my BFFL come to town, and we were loling about the G'ol days and TGIF we went dancing. TMLSO, we come back and hookedup. LOL.
There are some coworkers who actually say the word "LOL" when they're laughing. Like "Loooooooooooooooooooooooooool!"

I can't make this shit up.

IMS is so freaking old to me now; like the old chat-rooms I used to hang out with my Win95. I had to find Java damn it so I can chat with that special virtual person of mine.

That's why I don't talk to people that use letter-replacement emoticons.

[edit] Barney, I do that sometimes, but only in jest :p

you can turn them off clientside you know. don't remember how, but you can set it to not display custom emoticons.

seriously, its ****ing annoying. My cousin whos 12 years old uses this shit. It seems like all girls under 15 uses this, i want to slap them and rescue their PC from their oppression and tyranny these kids brings upon them!

Its always annoying specially when I hear my boss scream "looooooool" form down the hallway, makes me wanna quit.

I say "lolz" sometimes in real life. Not to replace my laughter or anything sad like that. Just to jest like stig.

But yeah, those letter replacements are the most annoying things ever. I don't talk to people that use them, makes reading anything a painful task.

I say lawl as well lawlz D:

but yeah, just turn that shit off man.

MSN emoticions: who events this crap?
Events? EVENTS? That's not just a typo/spelling error - you actually think the word "invent" is actually the word "event", don't you.

Did you know the word "invent" even existed? Or do you just get the two confused - "I just went to this great sports invent today"?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA.

On topic:

MSN blows and is for noobs.

It's quite normal to try and project your own shortcomings onto others.
It's quite normal to butt in / troll and try to sound like an amateur psychiatrist when no-one cares about your opinion.

Can't we have a public poll or something to ban Shasta for ever end ever? I can already predict the outcome.

All in favour of banning shasta - Everyone who voted - 1

all in favour of keeping shasta - 1

It's quite normal to butt in / troll and try to sound like an amateur psychiatrist when no-one cares about your opinion.
Seriously man, you offered a lot to this thread. About as much as I'm going to offer. Picking on a 14 year old lad for a single error in his post and then firing on other users for pointing out trolling.

Which is exactly what you've been doing. Don't you have anything better to do? If you're always right, go and offer some useful help to people and stop wasting everyones time.

Your the one who hi-jacked the thread to point out that the topic creator made a spelling mistake. :|

Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you have something to offer.

The master of insults arrives! I remember making those, "Quit talking about yourself!" jokes in 3rd grade. Congratulations on failing.

Lol @ flaming / trolling because I pointed out the English thread starters poor understanding of English.

Please continue - you're all doing SO well...

Events? EVENTS? That's not just a typo/spelling error - you actually think the word "invent" is actually the word "event", don't you.

Did you know the word "invent" even existed? Or do you just get the two confused - "I just went to this great sports invent today"?

On topic:

OHHH, well SORRRRRRRRRY.

Sorry for the ONE mistake I made.
I mean, WTF is your problem? How many times have you made mistakes? If I had the option to do so, I would probaly edit it.

FFS, you need a ban.

Shasta said:
I pointed out the English thread starters poor understanding of English.

Point it out? How about attempted to completely patronise and humiliate him?

There's a difference between pointing something out and being plain nasty.

I'm sure it isn't out of your reach to be nice.

Point it out? How about attempted to completely patronise and humiliate him?

There's a difference between pointing something out and being plain nasty.

I'm sure it isn't out of your reach to be nice.

Of course not, he likes the fact that he can't get banned for starting a flamefest while having something "constructive" to say...

I only created this thread for discussion on the use of letter replacement emoticions.

And YOU, Shasta, flame me for accidently writing 'events' instead of 'invent.'

I acknowledge my mistake, but was it really neccessary to start flaming me for it? I think not.

On topic:

Lol, Irony

On topic - i couldn't see a problem you'd have understanding that, it took me about 5 seconds. However, yes, emoticons in general are bloody annoying. The most are the bouncing pink ones...*shudders*

Bouncing emoticons are annoying, regardless of color. Bouncing, pulsating, squiggling, wiggling ones... ergh.

Shasta problems - please just report and they will be dealt with away from threads to avoid derailing.

Topical please. In my experience, I find people who type with those emoticons end up not being on my contact list long. In fact if someone says 'lol' in real life they deserve immediate pain.

Yeah, can't deal with people who just substitute letters with emotes...c'mon why!

Emotes are meant to be used as support for what you are saying

D:

D: is not an emoticon; It's a way of life.

Anyone who uses letter-replacement emoticons deserve to have their internet stripped from them. Once, one of my friends stupidly assigned an emoticon to 'go'. Needless to say, it got in the way alot and I refused to speak to him again until he gor rid of it.

I don't see a POINT in having them replaced...I mean, I'm starting to be able to read it, but still, hurts my eyes.

Bastards

What are letter replacement emoticons? Ive hears of letter replacements, and emoticons, but not a combination of the two.

Also, I say "lol" and sometimes other acronyms out loud with my friends. Its a way of making fun of ourselves and still getting our point across.

Letter replacement emoticons are emoticons that have their shortcut set to single letters. Type a lowercase K, get a big cartoony K with animated sparkles. Type a U and get some yellow monstrosity three times bigger than other letters. Etc. etc.

Back