Music Making Software?

Fil

Reaction score
I'm using Fruity Loops 5 right now, I'm wondering if there is any other software out there to make music that is similar to fruity and easy to use.

Thanks

I use Fruity 5 aswell, and although I have Reason 2.5, and my uncle has Cubase SX 3, unless you have a variety of instruments and equipment you are planning to connect, I would stick with Fruity 5. People just don't know how powerful the damn thing is. It's perfect for beginners (well not that good, ejay is i guess lol) and pro's can make real hot stuff from it.

Everytime I make a beat on there, i learn something new. How long you been using it for?

If you really insist on using another program, I would recommend Reason.

Cubase SX :) Yum Yum. Fruity Loops for the newbies though :) though I guess you could use Acid Pro (SoundForge).

Lol unreal - you rig is identical to mine, except your raptor (I gots 160GB WD 8mb, and 2x250gb WD 8mbs) and case (coolermaster) *soz, offtopic*

I've been using Fruity Loops for like a year, I started out with the 3.5 version. I need more sound effects and the other stuff but i like it, its pretty good. I learn something new everytime i use it too. I'll try Cubase SX. Thanks

LOL omg its like meeting another me, Pistol lol

For sound effects, i think you are referring to samples lol. I have about 18GB of samples, but i always find the VSTi's (non-sample based) are the best way to acheive a sound you are going for.

But im still a newbie really... i have not even been using it for a year lol, and i haven't used it all actually that much

mes ashamed :(

FruityLoops is probably the most basic program available for semi-serious users; Reason is probably the next good step.

I don't know why Reason is considered so much better in terms of professionalism. I mean, it might FEEL more newbie to be using Fruity because of the way patterns are made, but fundamentally it can acheive the same results, and I'm serious man. I mean, I have posted my beats on places and people couldn't believe I was using fruity. The Mixer can ADD alot of 'realistic things' that I only just found out, such as Reverb.

I am not in any way saying Fruity is the greatest, but I fail to see whats so bad about it.

Nothin's bad about it but it IS somewhat harder to do instrumental music with it, since it's doesn't have triplets, etc; other than chopping and stuff which is sort of a bitch.

Are you sure you're so serious if you only just found out about the mixer...?

Pfff im not that serious :p I've just impressed myself (for once) of what I have acheived. And I found out about the mixer 2 months ago, quite a distance away. LOL but still.... O fruity 5 has chopping in it, but i know for sure that Cubase SX has the best whole system for instruments and chopping, etc.

I also think it depends what kind of music you want to make. For electronic styles, its fairly good, but for intruments, IT CAN BE DONE WELL, but its easier with Cubase. I kinda stated that though i guess, when i said the 1st paragraph in my first post on this.

Dumb question, how do these programs work, do you have to plug in an instrument or something or can you just make a song with the program, like cool guitar riffs or something because that would be cool.

You don't have to plug in an instrument.

Whoa so I can just make songs with those programs? Cool.

Reason is hardly a step up from fl considering its practically a closed system, isnt as powerful and has sound quality issues....

I just got Cubase SX 2.0 and i have no clueeeeeeeeeeeeee how to use it, lol. Is there a tutorial or something for this program? Its just crazy. Reason is even more crazier theres like 500 knobs and the writing is sooo small lol.

They all use pretty much the same principal. Cubase is alot more instrument friendly than Fruity, and its quick and easy to put up even a recording up there. All music progs take a while to take a grip of im afraid - much longer than i have had to get used to something like Photoshop.

Back