Must... Resist... World of Warcraft...

Gonna try Anarchy Online out...and if MMORPGs is fun...i might just get WoW, it looks awesome...but im affraid to get to hooked..im unemployed right now so i would probably live in the game if i had it :D

You can't get a taste of WoW from playing any other MMORPG. Its leaps and bounds infront of the competition! it really is. Its like what Half-Life set as a standard for FPS games.

In that case I can't wait to play it come Christmas Day.

I have a question: When the rogues use stealth is it very easy to detect them? Because i have watched the videos and it seems like the people dont even see the rogues until they start attacking, yet i can see the steathed rogues fairly easily.

B.Calhoun said:
I have a question: When the rogues use stealth is it very easy to detect them? Because i have watched the videos and it seems like the people dont even see the rogues until they start attacking, yet i can see the steathed rogues fairly easily.

I spent five points in Master of Deception, and I can't be detected unless I'm near a higher level mob or player.

Baal said:
That is probably the best screenshot I have seen of WoW.

ps: only 7 more sleeps till I play!

thanks mate
im kinda obsessed with taking screens of beautiful locales
so ill keep posting my latest

@gunner: you're hardcore man
ive only seen one person with a mount so far... cant wait for level 40! :)

h00dlum said:
Gonna try Anarchy Online out...and if MMORPGs is fun...i might just get WoW, it looks awesome...but im affraid to get to hooked..im unemployed right now so i would probably live in the game if i had it :D

dont get WOW then, it's very addictive ..get a job first :E

ive got a question, how customizable are your characters? can you change anything about their face? compare it to StarWars Galaxies if you could

Delicious Bass said:
ive got a question, how customizable are your characters? can you change anything about their face? compare it to StarWars Galaxies if you could
havent played SWG
but it is pretty customizable
you can change your face style, hair style, colour, skin colour, etc etc
there's quite a bit of variety

oh and, here's another teaser for all you unfortunate chaps without the game:

wowscrnshot1219042211175nt.jpg

B.Calhoun said:

When ingame, they are quite hard to detect, even though they are quite easy to spot when you are looking for them. If your not looking directly at them (centre of screen, where eyes auto look), chances are you won't notice them until they move and then you'll think "....Was he/she even there to begin with?!!". Plenty of times i've been stood still just gawping and a stealther has been stood pretty close to me and i have'nt noticed he/she was there...even people in my team i've thought "where the hell did he/she go!" and usually they are right infront on me or something :p

Delicious Bass said:

I have'nt played SWG either so i can't compare to that but the character customization is pretty linear in terms of character building (its still pretty good, but nothing extroidinary) but because armour is shown ingame on the character it gives the impression there is a massive choice of customization. You'd be hard pressed to find someone looking the same as the person stood next to him/her. Only if there was a cookie cutters setup at level 60 would people look the same (armour wise).

Alig said:
When ingame, they are quite hard to detect, even though they are quite easy to spot when you are looking for them. If your not looking directly at them (centre of screen, where eyes auto look), chances are you won't notice them until they move and then you'll think "....Was he/she even there to begin with?!!". Plenty of times i've been stood still just gawping and a stealther has been stood pretty close to me and i have'nt noticed he/she was there...even people in my team i've thought "where the hell did he/she go!" and usually they are right infront on me or something :p

The game makes a cloaking/decloaking noise when you are right on top of them. That means unless you are of a substantially higher level than me, you still need to keep your distance.

I play on a PvE server and me and some of my guild just did a gnomergan run and found that the starter area for the dwarves/gnomes was under attack. We go their to find 2 rogues and a druid causing general havok. The druid we kill right away and the two rogues stealth. They didn't realize I could spot if I was close to them. They got to meet my cool stun spell.

Unfortunately their PvP flags went off and wouldn't attack anything else. Disappointed, our guild, eternal fire launched a guild only attack on tristfal glades (undead beginner area) and we even made it into Deathknell (the absolutely noob area for the undead). That was fun. Unfortunately PvP wasn't enabled (the guards were like lvl 60, couldn't attack NPC's in the area) so we couldn't have too much fun. It was still fun, my and my guild we were just sitting around talking in deathknell when a lvl 2 priest/mage starts attacking me. It took me like 10 seconds to realize what was happening. I was looking the opposite direction and I just saw my body shaking. Not taking any damage, but my body was shaking. Turned around to see this lvl 2 firing shadow bolts (or whatever) at me. Then one of our priests in the group mind controled the person and threw the person at the guards. That was awesome fun.

thats not too bad about the customization, i remember final fantasy xi, 3 faces, 3 body types and once you got to a certain level it was time to upgrade your armor to what everone else had

Delicious Bass said:
thats not too bad about the customization, i remember final fantasy xi, 3 faces, 3 body types and once you got to a certain level it was time to upgrade your armor to what everone else had

The coolest looking stuff doesn't come from a vendor or even a regular drop from an enemy. They come from instances (named bosses) and searching for those elusive goblin vendors. I bought some shoulder armor from a goblin vendor in the middle of nowhere and it just makes my character look awesome (not to mention that it still the best shoulder armor I can get nearly 5 levels later). I have an awesome looking shield that I picked up from gnomergan final boss.

I love how different you can look from everybody. Not only can I have a high armor rating, but I look bad-ass as well. Nobody will confuse me with that Dwarf Paladin (what I am) from across the room because we will look completely different.

Delicious Bass said:

Theres much more than Final Fantasy XI then. It depends what class you pick really...the shamans have more facial customization than the paladins do (i'm sure they do). I'd say there was about 10 hair doo's, 10 faces, 10 skin colours, 10 beard doo's, and something else...i can't remember what its called but undead have options like closed mouth, or gaping mouth, no jaws etc...

Thats about all the customization you'll get out of WoW as far as character creation is concerned...things like fatness and tallness are'nt in there, because it would kinda defeat the point of having a Dwarf race if you could shrink a Human to a Dwarfs size :p

not too bad, sounds like you dont see a lot of people looking alike.
damnit i wish i didnt put this game on my xmas list so i could go buy it now

Delicious Bass said:
lol kool. i cant wait to get WoW, i already have planned out what i want to be. Ive been spending a lot of time at www.worldofwarcraft.com and wowvault.ign.com reading up

i think i have finally figured out i want to be a troll rogue
Same here. Ive been reading up on everything/forums....cant wait for x-mas.

Im going to be an undead rogue.

What's the monthly fee on WoW?

EDIT: I just read the first post! I'm a genius! $15!

Resisting WoW is going to take every ounce of strength in my body.

MMORPG's are so much fun, and so addictive, everyone should try one. Still don't have WoW, but sometime when i'm not so busy I hope to get it :dozey:

agreed, mmorpg's are very addictive. except for ffxi, i didnt find that too addictive and it sucked when my friends got a few levels away from me so i could not party with them cuz then we get shitty xp. down with ffxi! SWG was fun for awhile, until they started making some proffesion the uber pro of the month

my advice to everyone reading this is:
unless you want to spend countless hours of your life playing this wonderful piece of artwork, dont buy it
so addictive

can someone from america please comment on the new patch, possibly with screenshots? i checked on the website and apparantly the new patch (among other things) includes:

blizzard said:
Holiday Events: Some cool decorations and events have been included around the game world to celebrate the holidays!

Can someone tell me what these are? is there a huge christmas tree in stormwind or something? i'm very curious :D

*edit* ROFL on the forums they say you can buy snowballs :LOL: 5 balls for 10 copper... they do nothing, but you can chuck them at players and have a snowball fight :D

Suicide42 said:
can someone from america please comment on the new patch, possibly with screenshots? i checked on the website and apparantly the new patch (among other things) includes:

Can someone tell me what these are? is there a huge christmas tree in stormwind or something? i'm very curious :D

*edit* ROFL on the forums they say you can buy snowballs :LOL: 5 balls for 10 copper... they do nothing, but you can chuck them at players and have a snowball fight :D
there are christmas decorations in most towns and cities
plus, in Ironforge at least, you can find Father Winter or whatever he is called
he gives you a quest where you must fetch him 5 gingerbread cookies and a glass of milk
easy xp :p
oh and the snowballs are hilarious... heatseeking!

lol awesome, i hope the event lasts a little longer after christmas so i can take part

Suicide42 said:

Snowballs, lots and lots of snowballs. I've spent upwards of a gold piece on snowballs.

There are a couple of holiday related quests and new formulas/recipes for every production profession. One of the quest rewards gives you the ability to turn you into a snowman. Too bad the boss that you must kill is constantly camped by 93048326546546 people.

/me cries.

they should keep the snowballs in the game, in the dwarf and gnome areas, and they can make them themselves. That'd be ultra cool :)

They should have a tradeskill that is furnishing and decoration- which allows you to go up to any object, and with the raw materials transform it into a christmasy, sparkly thing! after 10 minutes every item in the game would have tinsel and lights hanging from it lol, even the zombies in darkshire :p

OMG, that looks so cool! i want to be a snowman (or failing that, a christmas tree)!

This REALLY makes me with that i was playing on the american servers ;(

when is the final beta supposed to come out?
I have bought it but, I cant play it yet.

This game just won GOTY on Gamespot. With all of the people here that love it (at a HL2 fansite, no less), it seems like a pretty good choice.

Personally i think WoW deserves GOTY more than any other PC game this year. I've played my fair share of PC games this year and nothing has held my attention for more than 1 - 2 weeks. Its an almost flawless game...its hard to find something that was'nt thought through 15 times whether it will damage gameplay or not...

My only gripe with WoW is the lack of PvP rewards, but...Blizzard said they will be adding PvP related stuff later on and i trust there word on it, for now. With Battlegrounds in now this game would of wasted the competion on PC...not like i don't think it already does. (that does'nt sound right in my head...but it seems right, and heres me with england on my location...don't even know correct english :eek:)

i see there are servers then there are pvp servers. does this mean you can only pvp on pvp servers? or can you pvp on normal servers too?

Back