MW3

Well so much for the MP. What about the new SP? Just curious, but all the "BF3 rating = MW3 rating" reviewers say that MW3's strength is in its campaign.

The campaign is shorter than Black Ops and not as interesting as it or MW2 or CoD4.(In total I clocked 5 hours and.. 10 minutes, I think.) Overall I feel like I could have spent my time doing something more worthwhile like pretending to be a girl.

Don't know about spec ops. I'd need to get a friend.

Not as interesting as Black Ops? God it must be horrible.

Who buys a COD game for its campaign ...?

Well, before COD4 that was really the only reason to buy a COD game.
The mp for the older games was just a icing on the cake... well except for maybe United Offensive since base assault and vehicle CTF was just awesome.

So I played it for a couple more hours last night and it is actually fun. Doesn't change the fact that this is the least amount of actual change between any two CoD games to date. But a lot of the minor changes actually rather profoundly change the gameplay.

I'm still ****ing pissed, because the changes amount to minor menu-level changes and gameplay tweaks and a couple more killstreak awards, all similar to existing ones. Not at all a game, just a patch coupled with an expansion and a map pack. This will be the last CoD game that I buy, and **** all if I get the mappacks for it.

gimped for the casual crowd. played last night for a few hours and it's really easy on regular. maps are smaller, levels are shorter, too many timed missions but even that's not that bad as they're easy enough that you can finish the timed maps in your first play through

The campaign is shorter than Black Ops and not as interesting as it or MW2 or CoD4.(In total I clocked 5 hours and.. 10 minutes, I think.) Overall I feel like I could have spent my time doing something more worthwhile like pretending to be a girl.

Black Ops was awful and MW2's story was a confused mess. MW3's campaign shits on them both. They've made a decent attempt at sorting the story out and I'm struggling to see why you thought it was worse than the two.

gimped for the casual crowd. played last night for a few hours and it's really easy on regular. maps are smaller, levels are shorter, too many timed missions but even that's not that bad as they're easy enough that you can finish the timed maps in your first play through

how goes one gimp the already gimped

Most compelling 5 hour first person cutscene ever*.

*I'm really not informed enough to say this, but at the same time I'm not too worried about being wrong.

Black Ops was awful and MW2's story was a confused mess. MW3's campaign shits on them both. They've made a decent attempt at sorting the story out and I'm struggling to see why you thought it was worse than the two.

Not as many explosions. The plot is shit no matter what way you take it, so all that's left is the setpieces and how they play them out. There were some fun parts, but I feel like the other games had more fun in it.

I remember at least two parts in MW3 where they put you on a timer that doesn't matter.

hey look the obligatory hate on latest CoD game thread

gimped, bad game, michael bay, overdone, casuals, greedy developer, etc

Haven't we been over this? Yes, it's the Madden of shooters - no, it's not going anywhere.

hey look the obligatory hate on latest CoD game thread

gimped, bad game, michael bay, overdone, casuals, greedy developer, etc

Haven't we been over this? Yes, it's the Madden of shooters - no, it's not going anywhere.
It seems like most people are giving their honest opinions. Are you reading anything? It's not just senseless CoD hate. Nobody thought it was going to be much better than MW2. But that's the point, it didn't even live up to that, apparently.

What do you want this thread to be for, BHC?

I already loved you last year, now it's just stale and derivative.

You sigged me? You are so cool.

I'd love to play with you guys. I'll try to get in on the weekend and show you how much of a nooblord I am.

Samesies. Game isn't very fun when you lone wolf it so I'd love to play with you guys too. I sent out mass friend requests last week under the origin name "cartermatic."

Firstly you guys need mumble: -

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Server details are: -

Name -Milkshake

IP: - 85.236.97.19

Port: - 1562

Name: Use your forum name (If I don't recognize you I, or someone else will probably ban you). Generally there's a few people on during the day, but evenings is when it gets busier. We tend to play conquest rather than rush.

You can setup push to talk under settings configure, and settings shortcut for the PTT key. Also do the audio wizard thing.

I've sent you both battlelog friend requests, I suggest you sign up to the halflife2.net platoon as well: -

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391302323951/

Kad

It seems as if most of the reviews for this game is... paid reviews. Mother ****ing paid reviews by Activision to gain profit.

The trolling of 0/10 user reviews on Metacritic is unfortunate. But it some cases I see them as an extreme counterbalance to the hype machine that most games journalism is today. Professional game reviews will tell me everything that's SO GOSH DURN FRIGGIN' AWESOME BEST GAME GOTY. User reviews will put on their angst pants and spell out in lengthy terms why the game in question is not "the shit" without pulling punches. Somewhere along the way I'll then formulate an opinion somewhere towards the middle after digesting both accounts.

Some of those scores are for the pettiest of grievances, or by people who've never even played it. At the same time though, where else is a noticeable backlash going to take form? The ****ing COD forums? Online petitions? I doubt Activision really worries too much about this feedback, but this seems like one of the few ways anybody can voice their discontent about the franchise and actually get noticed.

Also, I think this guy is just inviting more negative reviews with a tweet like that. Internet is vindictive, son.

But it some cases I see them as an extreme counterbalance to the hype machine that most games journalism is today.

In what way is that a counterbalance? If it's not even on the same scale, it's hardly a counter balance.

Metacritic is a really horrible system, either way. The only useful thing it provides is an easy place to find all of the (big name) reviews to get a range of different opinions, but the score collating is all but worthless at determining "quality" (except as a broad indicator if a game scores in the red), and is actually a corrupting influence on games journalism in how they approach reviews and, consequently, how that's received by the gaming public. PR companies have been known to make angry phonecalls to reviewing outlets for middling reviews - not because they're upset that they didn't represent their game favourably, but because it brought down their Metacritic average. Specifically. Yeah. :|

Wait a second, why am I even in this thread? I made my previous post thinking it was about Skyrim.

I'm out of this thread!

Everyone in the series dies except Nikolai and Price and MacMillan and Frost. You hang Makaroni and smoke a cigar. There. I saved you cocksuckers 2 hours of your worthless, pathetic lives. Now go waste it on something else you mongrels.

Back