Narrator Speech

Reaction score
2 posts = 2 threads, woot! :imu:

I just wanna compile a list of what we know the female 'narrator' says in the portal game so far. I'm gonna use them in my msn name......... but I think it'd just be good to get them all up because they are humerus in their own little way

off the top of my head I've got....

'Remember, if at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated'

'There's a hole in the sky, through which things can fly'

start adding...

"Welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center. Let's look at some of the challenges you'll face as a test participant."

"You may be required to perform simple tasks, such as locating an exit. These simple tasks may be supplemented with insurmountable obstacles."

"Thanks to the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, the impossible is easy."

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated."

"When stuck, remember our motto: there's a hole in the sky- through which things can fly."

"At the enrichment center, we believe that a highly motivated test subject can carry out rather complex tasks, while enduring the most intense pain. So in case you don't make it through the testing, goodbye!"

"This next task is impossible."

"Now you're thinking with portals."

"Now that you are in control of both portals, this next test could take a very, very long time. If you become light-headed from thirst, feel free to pass out. An intubation associate will be dispatched to revive you with peptic salve and adrenaline."

"As part of a previously-mentioned required test protocol, we can no longer lie to you. When the testing is over, you will be... missed!"

"While safety is one of many Enrichment Center goals, the Aperture Science High Energy Pellet seen to the left of the chamber can and has caused permanent disabilities such as vaporisation. Please be careful."

"Unbelievable. You, [subject name here] must be the pride of [subject hometown here]."

"Warning devices are required on all mobile equipment. However, alarms and flashing hazard lights have been found to agitate the High Energy Pellet, and have therefore been disabled for your safety."

"The experiment is nearing its conclusion. The enrichment centre is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake."

"Hello again. To reiterate [static] previous [voice speeds up and slows down] of momentum."

"Spectacular! You appear to understand how a portal affects forward momentum or to be more precise how it does not."

"Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, is conserved between portals. In layman's terms, speeding thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."

"While safety is one of many Enrichment Center goals, the Aperture Science High Energy Pellet seen to the left of the chamber can and has caused permanent disabilities such as vaporisation. Please be careful."
lol :LOL:

does the narrator have a specific name like

"guide"
"Helper"

bump this as i want to know does the guide have a proper name?

Argh Portal, a mystery! Why haven't they realesed information that much on this game?!?!?!? It makes me wonder how much it will tie into the Half Life universe...

If you fail test-- whats the use can't wait for the game.. D=

"Warning devices are required on all mobile equipment. However, alarms and flashing hazard lights have been found to agitate the High Energy Pellet, and have therefore been disabled for your safety."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back