NECA Announce Partnership with Valve to Make Consumer Products

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]
The official announcement has now been made on the NECA online site (after an earlier hint at E3) that NECA will be producing consumer products based on all of Valve?s titles. Merchandise will include action figures, toys, board games, accessories, and apparel for all Valve properties.[br]NECA are well known for making these kinds of items and have been very successful with other IPs such as Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Crysis & Gears of War at reasonable prices.[br]According to the press release "over the next coming days and weeks, you can expect more exciting news" so keep an eye on the NECA online blog.

YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

TAKE THAT DARKSIDE, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is fantastic news, I have been waiting for years for Neca and Valve to team up so we can get some reasonably priced Half-Life and Portal figures.

Awesome news, can't wait to see what they come up with.

house_do_want_thumbnail_Would_You_Have_Sex_With_This_Woman-s500x336-108003-580.jpg

Their recent rendition of Duke Nukem and Crysis figures makes me really worried though. A huge downgrade from the Assassins Creed and Bioshock models.

Awesome. Express your nerdness with pride.

GOD

NECA IS SO GODDAMN HORRIBLE

ENJOY YOUR HALF-LIFE FIGURES WITH FUCKIN' NECA AvP ARTICULATION

WITH ONE SWIVEL HIP JOINT, NO KNEE JOINTS, AND ONE FOOT LONGER THAN THE OTHER SO IT CAN'T GODDAMN STAND UP

BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY VORTIGAUNT WITH AMAZING FALL OVER ACTION

I was excited until I remembered they were the ones who bought this out:

RXwrF.png

Their recent rendition of Duke Nukem and Crysis figures makes me really worried though. A huge downgrade from the Assassins Creed and Bioshock models.
Duke's is a worry, but the Alcatraz figure is actually a step up in articulation and the detail is as great as ever. Yeah, I'm not a fan of the model, but that comes down to the fact that the Nano-Suit 2.0 looks like a biology organ dummy made love with a yard full of tyres.

I think the trap that NECA could fall into is making 'obvious' Valve leads rather than playing to their strengths. NECA renditions of the humanoid Combine could look awesome (they're a dab hand with texturing), but you can bet we're going to get human and horror characters first. Which is a shame because their gore looks lacklustre (err... kind of literally) and they're not great at faces . Oh, and they've pretty much stated that they're going straight for making a Portal gun, and from what I've seen of their props, they're often underwhelming.

Still, at least this means that, pretty much for the first time ever, Valve merchandise will be available outside of North America without comical shipping prices and a ridiculous base price. I'll be able to go into the comic book shop in the North Laines and hold in my hands a piece of Valve merchandise, before, you know, going online and buying it a better price from Play.com

I just want a little level 1 RED desk sentry and a BLU Soldier aiming at it from across the table.

Finally!! I've been waiting for this for six years!

On another note:
I haven't posted on here in a year or so... glad to see some things never change - Darkside is still as bitter and negative as always :p

I've been waiting for this ever since Chris D stole the mailbag prizes.

Neca screwed up the likeness of Duke sure, but the likeness of Arnold and Robert Patrick is spot on.

and Neca also fixed the crappyness of that Ghostface figure
http://scream-trilogy.net/2011/01/neca-ghostface-figure-gets-an-upgrade-thanks-to-fan-feedback/

gaming heads mentioned on their facebook that the TF2 action figure line is cancelled. and Neca has a poll on their facebook asking what Valve ip you would like to see the most, with left 4 dead leading ahead of half-life.

that's right we all need to go on their facebook and vote for Half-life. would rather jerk myself to an alyx vance figure over a zoey and day..or night.

Also, if Left 4 Dead goes into production before Half Life, that could mean years before we see the Half Life line, knowing Neca.

Also, if Left 4 Dead goes into production before Half Life, that could mean years before we see the Half Life line, knowing Neca.

*takes off glasses* Jesus ZT this is a lot more serious then I thought. everybody needs to go vote for HL and if you don't have a facebook make on or many and vote HALF LIFE!

NECA is the BEST toy company ever!!!
This is from the NECA's Twitter (NECA-N.E.C.A.):
@agustin_sparer
''Will you make Half Life 2 figures now that you got the valve license?''
@NECA_TOYS
''Of course we will''.
So yeah, Gordon Freeman will be a MUST BUY for me and all the Half-Life 2 Fan's.

I admit it: I actually got excited seeing this. Take a screenshot, ZT, I'll never say it again.

UiQv5.jpg

Oh my god, I am going to be so ****ing broke.

RED Pyro, Heavy, Demo? Where is BLU Soldier and RED Sentry?!

RED Pyro, Heavy, Demo? Where is BLU Soldier and RED Sentry?!
They're illustrative of the final product. You can bet your bottom dollar you'll get these in Blue: action figure companies adore anything that can be legitimately recoloured.

Back