New Antec Case: World's first open air design

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
neat:

Skeleton_front_400.jpg

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15125#

Hopefully your pet doesn't get in there or you don't drop anything metal around it.

Now you can worry about static, dust, water and metallic objects ALL the time! Woohoo!!

WTF? If any retard ever buys that it will only be for the Antec branding.

How totally horrible.

Why did they even bother trying to develop that?

Though it's not practical, it does look pretty damn snazzy.

I hope that case designer gets fired for being stupid. For all the reasons listed above.

Open air cases have always been around for testing/benchmarking. Antec just made one that looks a little more stylish. :p

that's not a case, it's a testing platform: not meant to be permanent ...anyways the "world's first.." tagline was copied from their site; that's their claim, not mine

Lol Antec fails. I was looking into these back when I built my first AMD 64 system. Maybe they meant a world's first for end users? :p

Closed cases only stall dust, don't cure it. Water and metal? How do those even get near your computer in the first place? Mine is in the living room though, as opposed to on or near a desk/workstation, so maybe that's different. I'd be concerned about noise however. I use water cooling, with the cooler and pump outside the house, and no fans except the power supply to keep it as silent as possible. The most noise comes from the hard drives, and the case is used to keep that noise down only. If I wind up getting a solid state drive(s) and the computer is otherwise quiet by itself, I'd consider this case. This case would make it easier to clean and passive heat sinks would have more open air to cool with. I do prefer the uncluttered look of a black box though, and that alone will probably cause me not to get a case like this, but just the other day, I was thinking about doing something like that (open air case) out of wood.

Looks good but would suck, dust, things falling and imagine if you kick it by accident :eek:

All I can say is that it looks awesome... BUT.

Dust!

Static electricity!

Angry pets!

Spilling your coffee could be far, far worse.

Also, it's made out of plastic. Seriously, just buy a Lian Li instead.

I like the case. It is unique.

-MRG

Back