New Band of Brothers series

Mr-Fusion

Tank
Reaction score
Anyone have any info, previews, trailers?

I absolutely love the original series and am waiting to be horribly disappointed by the new series set in the pacific. Just want to hurry up and get disappointed! :naughty:

Horribly disappointed? For a start, I highly doubt with the awsomeness of the first, they could **** up anything in the war spectrum. Secondly, the Pacific saw of the most horrific and largest battles of the war, its a largely misunderstood theatre, hopefully this new series will drill in the intensity of the fighting there, as they did with Band of Brothers.

As for it coming out? I heard mid 2009 but could be wrong.

They haven't even officially announced it yet, have they?

Yeah, just ignore all of the tropical jungle fighting and tension that there was.

I think it's an awesome idea for the Band of Brothers team to turn to.

It's a hard setting for a movie though. But if anyone makes it work...

I'm sure they'll make it work. BoB was effing amazing.

WHAT?!

There's going to be another Band of Brothers, in the pacific?

This thread just made my day, I can't wait. Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima and Wake Island and shit in BOB, how sick.

I believe they began production last August (year ago).

Yeah, alot of stuff has been shot in Australia. I remember they closed off Flinders St in Melbourne outside Flinders street station to film a scene with the soldiers on leave or something. It was massive.

Been waiting for this for a looong time.

And who says the Pacific War can't be done? The Thin Red Line anyone? (despite it's obvious editing floor cut disaster, it was still an interesting movie).

Be good if they represent the Aussies a fair bit in this.

It'll follow Yanks, but from what i know - they will be stressing the importance of Melbourne - even used the historical command base in filming.

Back