New enemy ideas

Nibwoddle

Reaction score
Well, both previous episodes delivered new enemies, so I don't see why we can't have an ideas thread in the Episode 3 section.
Quite obvious what this thread is about, and try to keep it relevant to Half-Life.

My ideas/wants?
A rebel Zombie reskin
New synths, possibly a huge dropship capable of carrying masses of Combine
A kind of snow-capable Strider, life a scorpion based synth or something

Mmm-hmmm. Discuss/contribute.

Snow patterned Bullsquids and Houndeyes. Mother ****ing Snow Snarks and Ice Ickys.

A snow Garg. Which shoot's Hydra's from it's arms.

And can turn invisible.

And instead of using breathing fire, breaths ice.

And farts out biozemanades.

It's been a long time since we had to watch our step.

Swimming Cremators under thin ice.

Failing that, an Ithchy, Hydra or some new aquatic creature thereof.

a zombie sasquatch. Ok but seriously I liked tollbooths idea of a snow patterned bullsquid. Or I like the idea of maybe a new synth made for snow and ice, something that would blend in with its surroundings. You could hear its eerie cry but wouldn't see it until it charged at you.

My ideas/wants?
A rebel Zombie reskin
New synths, possibly a huge dropship capable of carrying masses of Combine
A kind of snow-capable Strider, life a scorpion based synth or something.

1. We will have a new Zombie type, that is for sure.
2. We will have atleast one new Synth but I'm afraid no new dropship, especially carrying masses of combine, as the area is currently very low after the City 17 battles, the explosion and The Battle for White Forest.
3. No new snow-capable strider, just ordinary ones, Its hard to imagine that they can't walk through snow.

1. We will have a new Zombie type, that is for sure.
2. We will have atleast one new Synth but I'm afraid no new dropship, especially carrying masses of combine, as the area is currently very low after the City 17 battles, the explosion and The Battle for White Forest.
3. No new snow-capable strider, just ordinary ones, Its hard to imagine that they can't walk through snow.
how do u know all this?

a new kinda intellegint head humper that, when taken over a rebels or combine, can shoot and use primative tactics to other headcrabs, that would be awsome, an army of intellegent zombies being cotrolled ny a super head crab.

a new kinda intellegint head humper that, when taken over a rebels or combine, can shoot and use primative tactics to other headcrabs, that would be awsome, an army of intellegent zombies being cotrolled ny a super head crab.

A faceless enemy, now with a central, controlling creature. Hmm *cough*Halo*cough*

lol yeah it does seem like halo Flood thing but the idea is new to the half life universe (unless theres is some kinda hive creature like the flood that i dont know about in the halife life universe). The ruler of the head crabs could be a giant grognoth (i cant remmemebr what the name was of the giant creature that produced baby head crabs).

Then what would differentiate them from normal soldiers? Won't they just be combine/rebels but dumber?

lol yeah it does seem like halo Flood thing but the idea is new to the half life universe (unless theres is some kinda hive creature like the flood that i dont know about in the halife life universe). The ruler of the head crabs could be a giant grognoth (i cant remmemeb.r what the name was hof cthe giant crreature that aprodunced baby hoead crabs).
Gonarch, and we don't need a creature like the Flood in Half-Life. The Flood was one of the most annoying and stupid enemies I've ever had the displeasure of fighting.

Maybe a short glimpse of the Hydra somewhere in the Arctic waters, or snow barnacles that would function like the Sand Barnacles that were in the beta version of Half-Life 2.

A fur-coated houndeye that is more ferocious than the original species.

It suits the cold condition, and has a thick hide that absorbs more gun-fire. The charge-up time is 3x faster and can direct its attack more precisely (rather than in a radial fasion)

It can dig through snow, so could appear anywhere around you

It suits the cold condition, and has a thick hide that absorbs more gun-fire. The charge-up time is 3x faster and can direct its attack more precisely (rather than in a radial fasion)

I like that idea. They could coordinate pack ambushes on the player. Hide packed together among the snow, then ambush the player while their guard is down.

Mods don't seem to mind us talking about Combine or Alien Assassins and the like so not really. Basically, funky looking Barnacles that would sit under the sand and I'll assume grab any bypassers and drag them under the sand. Not sure how they worked exactly.

Gonarch, and we don't need a creature like the Flood in Half-Life. The Flood was one of the most annoying and stupid enemies I've ever had the displeasure of fighting.

Maybe a short glimpse of the Hydra somewhere in the Arctic waters, or snow barnacles that would function like the Sand Barnacles that were in the beta version of Half-Life 2.

the last thing ni want is aflood like enemy in the half life universe, i disliked the flood as well. It would be nothing like the flood except for a few things which wouldent seem very promnant at all.

EPIC

They won't fight very well on their own but be AMAZING in packs. I think the attack should still be radial, but I do think that maybe the charge-up time should be faster. Also keep in mind that snow doesn't usually go down 20 feet even in the arctic, so there probably won't be any houndeyes hanging out right below you in the snow.

And think of the possibilies of how it could effect you. When just one houndeye uses it's soundwave attack, it will only do a little bit of damage and you lose your hearing for a couple seconds (you just hear that ringing sound) and the screen shakes a bit. But the more houndeyes that attack within a very short amount of time of eachother, the more damage it does and the longer the ringing effect is heard and the screen shakes severely.

there absolutely MUST be an avalanche scene caused by the houndeyes!

A houndeye that has solar skin that takes sunlight from the sun and the sourrounding snow, and focuses it into one of thier eyes creating a gauss shot like effect.

because it totally changes what the houndeye is. that overcomplicates it and just turns it into a totally different creature.

that'd be like taking a classic enemy like the bullsquid and giving it wings and lazer eyes.

besides, it doesn't make sense that the houndeye just grew the ability to shoot concentrated sun beams out of it's eyes within 20 years.

Dude, Bullsquids with wings and laser eyes. Thats the coolest freakin'thing thats ever come out of this ^%*%(^)^)#^)&_@*(#&*)#^&@(^(@^)@^)&@_)&@)_ .

because it totally changes what the houndeye is. that overcomplicates it and just turns it into a totally different creature.

that'd be like taking a classic enemy like the bullsquid and giving it wings and lazer eyes.

besides, it doesn't make sense that the houndeye just grew the ability to shoot concentrated sun beams out of it's eyes within 20 years.

is thw word species in your vocabulary? There is almost no way that there is only one type of hound eye in Xen. I mean look at the head crabs if you havent noticed them. The posion ones are much different in purpose and body. Yeah they both have a bowl like head and four legs. An also the Fast Head crab. The creatures may come from a different univers, but the species of evolution and "branches" remain the same.

They'll obviously play with camouflage on one of the new enemy's or at least a their revamp.
Probably a synth.
I'd like to see that crab thing make it to the artic and get painted white.

Other then that...
Snow troops!
Maybe a snowmobile chase where you drive while Alex shoots pursuers on their own mechanized artic conditioned automobiles (or snow synths on skis!).

Also I'd like to see Barney unless they're planning a BLUE SHIFT 2 for episode 4.

Back