New enemy ideas

In fact, looking at Raising the Bar Dhabih Eng specifically says
RtB / Dhabih Eng / p.88 said:
We didn't want to have giant alien creatures with armor attached and implants added, but instead tried to treat it as a forceful evolution of the characters imposed on them by the Combine rather than nature'
Which seems to specifically contradict the idea that they're 'nothing more than forcing cybernetics and armor to an existing organism'. It even sounds a bit like the Combine take some kind of base creature, and then force it to grow towards being another type of animal to get multiple characteristics. It's a shame, but I can't find anything from Valve that says anything too explicit, but at a conceptual level we do know that the Strider takes characteristics in walking from a Giraffe AND a Gorilla, and it is surely inspired by other creatures in other aspects.

I think that's the biggest problem with saying 'I want a Synth X' in this thread, since they're really Synths of X, Y and Z with technology grown on.

Well, I know gunships aren't synthed dolphins (or manatees, or dugongs), because they have compound eyes among other things. If you argue that the eyes could be grafted on, then couldn't you just make gunships (or any other synth) out of people? Like we know they're doing with stalkers?

Well, I know gunships aren't synthed dolphins (or manatees, or dugongs), because they have compound eyes among other things. If you argue that the eyes could be grafted on, then couldn't you just make gunships (or any other synth) out of people? Like we know they're doing with stalkers?

none of the known synths are made from creatures from Earth....

none of the known synths are made from creatures from Earth....

Stalkers and Combine Overwatch Soldiers are human synths. Also, I pointed this out earlier:

f_combineftw, have the Combine ever actually synthed any race native to earth besides people? I don't think so. Therefore, I do not expect any terrestrial animals to make an appearance as synths. If anyone recalls any, please share and I will stand corrected.

I want to see something similar to what manhacks were early in the game when you didnt have the gravity gun to get rid of them easily.

They scare the crap out of me, when you see 5 manhacks heading your way and are armed with a crowbar and a pistol, it's pretty damn hard not to panic slightly.

Effectively, i want an enemy that isn't a complete pushover.

Could they Synth the Gargantua, as I would imagine they would take on the same role as the Cremator

I think towards the end, Barney and Alyx should be caught and black headcrabbed so you have to fight them both like in Silent Hill 2 when you fought the two pyramid heads. I think it would not only be fun action but very emotional.

Some of the original enimies.... like the hydra, the cremator and those nice assasin chicks ;)

Nice? Those bitches majorly cheesed me off back in the day!

Great enemies tho, I'll give them that - they were a real class act.

awesomemedaf2.png

Some kind of massive combine ship (just for the show it doesn't need to be a real enemy), I mean there's no way the combine would have taken over the world in 7 hours with just gunships and dropships...

So we got fast zombies (best zombie type)> slow poison ones (scary at first but easily taken out eventually)>= combine zombies (tricky bastards) and those lame regulars. I'd like to see some really hard to kill zombies, like you shoot their limbs off and still they continue. Also some surprise moves from the fast ones like without any clue they jump on top of you from a vent shaft above. Hunters were a very good enemy and those acid bugs too. Maybe a scorpion antlion?

I would be happy with just reskins to match the snow , but a new zombie type wouldnt be too bad. Or maybe introduce the Icky's as an actual enemy , same for bullsquids. Come to think of it the borealis will be a perfect place for the Gonomes to make a return because the ships crew would almost certainly have been headcrabbed (because valve like to have at least two zombie infested sections in every game) and would have also been there a while , definatly long enough to evolve into gonomes.

I would be happy with just reskins to match the snow , but a new zombie type wouldnt be too bad. Or maybe introduce the Icky's as an actual enemy , same for bullsquids. Come to think of it the borealis will be a perfect place for the Gonomes to make a return because the ships crew would almost certainly have been headcrabbed (because valve like to have at least two zombie infested sections in every game) and would have also been there a while , definatly long enough to evolve into gonomes.

Gonomes were only seen in an unofficial game. I think Valve replaced them with Fast Zombies and such. Though their return would be totally awesome.

Gonomes were only seen in an unofficial game. I think Valve replaced them with Fast Zombies and such. Though their return would be totally awesome.

Yeah i know , i just think it's a good set up for them , besides it means valve doesnt have to think up a "new" enemy thus cutting a slight corner :upstare:

Haha, yeah you'd get about ten feet in combat before your ass was laid out. :p I like it

"Here Mr. Fast/Poison Zombine! Gordon Freeman's ass on a platter! Come and get it!"

For some reason i think it would be funny if the fast zombine that you mentioned said "Legs , moving!" through the vocoder. Another enemy that would be easy to do is a zombine torso , EP2 gave us the oppotunity to cut zombines in half but the torsos never lived (if you want to try it load up the level where you take out the gun in the junk yard , just after you drop through the hole from the garage use the GG to pick up the saw blade , now slice!)

Haha, yeah you'd get about ten feet in combat before your ass was laid out. :p I like it

"Here Mr. Fast/Poison Zombine! Gordon Freeman's ass on a platter! Come and get it!"

On second thoughts..... Nah I'm just crap.

Fast zombine would be scary as ****... I remember the first time I saw a fast zombie, scarred the hell out of me. These would give me nightmares...

How would that look, anyways? Will there be skin missing with some plates of metal and stuff melded to the bone?

And poison zombine would be insanely hard to kill. Maybe 2 for each game...

I think that a fast zombine would look the same but with a fast headcrab (obviously) but its armour should be flappy , revealing the rotting flesh everytime it moves (to get an example of what i mean look at the normal zombine , when you move its corpse the armour flap on its crotch moves revealing the BDU underneath) And a poison zombine would be really bloated with parts of bloated flesh poking out of the armour and the straps holding the chest armour plate on would be broken.

Good , write it down and send it to valve. Chop chop I'm a busy man!

Fast Zombine: like a regular fast zombie but in the build of one of those stripped combine you can see at Nova Prospeckt.
Poison Zombine: Same as the fast one; same basic shape as the stripped Combine, but bent double with lost of headcrabs on it's back...

You Like?

Why would they be stripped? Thier armour doesn't really come off that easy either.

Meh. Just a suggestion. Besides armour is heavy; being heavy defeats the purpose of being fast. So maybe for the fastie.

Ok you got me there but the normal fasties have hardly any muscle so how can they jump to begin with? Its the headcrab thats controling them and it doesnt care whether somethings too heavy it will just push the body further , i think they could catch fire or something if they tried too hard. That would be a cool enemy , combusting headcrabs. . .

I guess, but all the regular zombies are wearing white t-shirts and jeans, sooo.

I hope we see more Zombie visual variation in EP3, like in L4D.

I just want some more slow regular limping zombies, ahh...... the satisfaction of shooting a zombie with a shotgun.....
or just lit them on fire and see them burn, hahahah! i love zombies, especially the slow ones,

We'll obviously need a zombie reskin. If there aren't rebel zombies, I'm gonna vomit.

To be perfectly honest i think Gearbox was better at making expansion creatures , they had such wierd ideas. Valve just takes the same thing but change it slightly , like in MMO's where they change the colour of a creature and change its name.

I know this is an enemies thread and EP3 is gonna take place in some snowy place far away from Ravenholm but imagine a zombified Father Grigori ally?

Impossible , every one knows that the father is Chuck Norris , and Chuck Norris doesnt get parasites , prarasites get Chuck Norris.

Hunters with Fluffy hoodies <3

:bounce:

Back