New Forum Smilies

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't expect everyone will like what we've done, but basically we have changed a few things with regards to smilies:

1) You may now notice that there is a little "Smilies" tab underneath the text editor. This is an alternative interface for picking smilies. Right now you will only see one section, but ultimately what we can do is have different categories of smilies that we can scroll through.

2) We now have A LOT more smilies than we used to. Here's a few of my favourites. Asshat: :asshat: Poop: :poop:

3) All of the original smilies have been replaced but if there are any specific ones you would like to have re-added, these can be considered if you request them here.

Thank you :finger:

:bored:

Why does the smilie openy thinger down the bottom constantly scroll at random when I'm not pressing anything.

All these damn smileys are suited for a bright theme, they look so washed out on a dark background.

:blackalien:

Even this BLACK ALIEN is brighter than the background. It's a graylien.

All these damn smileys are suited for a bright theme
And the old ones weren't?

I see your point, but the default ones (mostly the yellow ones) are pretty much the same shades of yellow etc. as the ones we had.

If by 'old ones' you mean the ones that was had just previously, yes they were as well. But I don't imagine any thought was put into them, they were just the defaults or whatever. But since a new pack was chosen I figured it was worth pointing out. I wonder if there are smiley packs designed for dark themes anyway. The old old smileys worked fine with a dark theme, but those are a bit too old for the forums now.

You must realize I'm purposely being overly critical and that I don't really care.

You must realize I'm purposely being overly critical and that I don't really care.
That doesn't sound like you...

The old ones actually weren't defaults... They were ones that Yorick found.

These new ones are defaults plus many more created by the same talented artist who made the defaults.

There probably are other smiley packs out there but I like the defaults :woot:

:arms:

If the arms smiley doesn't show up there then you can consider this a complete failure on your part.

EDIT: Tisk tisk tisk. If I could, I'd cross my arms and stare you down.

Arms? I don't remember arms?

Which one of these:

xa0TZmv.png

:shh: we're not supposed to talk about :arms:

These new smilies are like a pile of shit.

There's a similie for you.

Did you compile this icon pack yourself, or did it come as a kit? I administer a forum for an internal work site, and I had to cherry pick smilies to get the set I wanted. I'm not big on smilie use, but this guy makes me laugh: :eek:

These new smilies are like a pile of shit.

There's a similie for you.

:poop:

Did you compile this icon pack yourself, or did it come as a kit? I administer a forum for an internal work site, and I had to cherry pick smilies to get the set I wanted. I'm not big on smilie use, but this guy makes me laugh: :eek:
Some of them are the default XenForo smilies which were designed by an artist called Shelley who runs BBSmiley.com.

She created an extended pack with... I don't know 80 extra ones... so we have the default smilies plus the extended pack.

Back