New interview.

It is indeed a sexy, sexy box. The orange box sounds cool too though; I might get both so I can display them next to each other.

Another good bit from the interview, Doug said they'd be explaining the connection between Portal and Half-Life "in the new year." That could be either before the games come out, or during the game(s), or afterward.

It is indeed a sexy, sexy box. The orange box sounds cool too though; I might get both so I can display them next to each other.

Another good bit from the interview, Doug said they'd be explaining the connection between Portal and Half-Life "in the new year." That could be either before the games come out, or during the game(s), or afterward.
Doesn't Lombardi just mean that they'll reveal it in 2007?

Yes...but the game's slated for...when did it get pushed back to, again? Summer? Well in any case it means it could be revealed at any time during the next year. They might not wait to tell us the connection between the two stories until the game comes out...they might spring it on us before then.

Conversely, it might be revealed in the games. It might NOT be revealed in the games. They might say nothing about it until everyone's done playing the game and then they'll have another interview saying, "Oh, btw, here's how these two things tie into each other."

On the PC, 360 and PS3, the will come in a package simply known as Half-Life 2 Orange Box. On the PC, there will be a pack that contains just Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2 – this pack will be called Half-Life 2 Black Box. Final pricing has not yet been determined.
Huh? I'm just getting a bit confused.

This... Orange Box... it is this box that will include HL2, EP1, EP2, Portal and TF2, and will be available for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3?

And this "Black box" will only include EP2, Portal and TF2, and will be exclusive for PC? I got this right?

I got confused at that part too, but I think he meant just Episode Two would be coming in the orange box for PC, and all three games would be in the black box for PC.

Could be wrong though.

As I understand it the Black Box will contain Ep2, TF2, and Portal, judging from the video posted a little while back. And since we were told there would be a pack that included all of the games (this was way back when), I assume that the orange box will contain the HL2 series along with TF2 and Portal.

It's taking place north of City 17. I always assumed it was taking place to the east because I could have sworn Nova Prospekt and the sea was north.

But north would make sense, what with the Project.

In Episode Two, the Gordon has left City 17

Hehe. THE Gordon. :E

As far as I understand it

Black Box:
TF2
Portal
EP2

Orange Box:
HL2
EP1
EP2
Portal
TF2
HL2DM?

'In Episode Two, the Gordon has left City 17-'

Teee

Havn't read beyond that. Will now procede.

i still haven't got passed ep 1 LOL. Keeps freeezing on me every 5 minutes :(

Nice! :thumbs: How do you always find these asuka?

Whoo, I loveit when they do these...box things.

Orange box seems a tad confusing on its exact contents,wether its all the games or something.

Nonetheless, Great find Asuka.

Orange box is all of the HL2 and up games... Black Box is just Ep2, TF2, Portal and is mostly for the people who already bought all of the other games (probalby most of us here).

So, the only difference is that the orange has Ep. 1 as well?

Orange has:
HL2
HL2:EP1
HL2:EP2
TF2
Portal.

Black has:
Ep2
TF2
Portal

So the difference is that orange has HL2 and Ep1.

Or it could be

Orange Box for 360 and PS3:
HL2
CS:S
DoD:S

Portal
TF2

Good. If Ep:2 is sold alone, it will be unlikely for China, Hong Kong to have the retail package so I cannot buy Portal and TF2. If there is only Black Box available, I can really sure I am going to buy the package.

This is good news as long as the price for the black box is very reasonable. I don't particularly want TF2, just Portal and Ep2 ... and I really don't appreciate being forced into buying the whole package.

Or it could be

Orange Box for 360 and PS3:
HL2
CS:S
DoD:S

Portal
TF2

Um.. no.

It's pretty much been confirmed what's in the boxes. I don't see why people are so confused.

Orange Box: PC (retail), PS3 & 360
HL2 + Episodes 1, 2 and probably the ability to pay for Episode 3 via download when released
Portal
TF2

Black Box: PC (Steam + retail)
Episode 2
Portal
TF2

Oh, man. The Orange box just sounds awesome. I seriously cannot wait for it.

Oh, man. The Orange box just sounds awesome. I seriously cannot wait for it.
I really can't wait to play Our Benefactors with HDR, longer draw distance/distance LOD and higher res textures/models! :D

(all while streaming music from my comp, and voice-chatting with my friend who's meanwhile playing Gears of War! I <3 my 360.)

So the Organge box has a copy of every HL2 and episode game, Portal, and TF2 on all 3 platforms?

This is good news as long as the price for the black box is very reasonable. I don't particularly want TF2, just Portal and Ep2 ... and I really don't appreciate being forced into buying the whole package.

Well I'm sure they will probably offer the products individually via Steam... It's just that it may end up costing more since you aren't getting the deal of a bundle.

I doubt you'll get Portal without TF2.

Meh. I'm also hoping for separate packages. I'm definitely interested in Ep2, undecided on Portal, and definitely not interested in TF2. If they have an Ep2+Portal package, I'll take that.

Im sure at the start it will only be the black box. Then few months in they will divide them. I like it better that. Because a lot of people that think they arnt going to like the games will find out they do.

In Episode Two, the Gordon has left City 17

While I'm playing Half-Life from now on I will refer to myself in the third person as "the Gordon".

"Orange box" and "Black Box" should change names, considering that a Black Box is something that records the past but here it is the Orange HL Box that will contain the lead-up to Episode 2...

edit: the wording of that article is sufficiently garbled that I wouldn't rule out a major miscommunication of the packages.

Interestingly enough, those black-box recorders are actually painted orange :).

I really can't wait to play Our Benefactors with HDR, longer draw distance/distance LOD and higher res textures/models! :D

(all while streaming music from my comp, and voice-chatting with my friend who's meanwhile playing Gears of War! I <3 my 360.)

Fuppin' A. I can't wait to sit my way through all 3 of them in a better graphical form then I have previously played them (HL2 for Xbox, then bits of Episode 1 on my mates fairly high-end PC)

Gonna be awesome.

Back