New Low Prices on Many Valve Games

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Valve just slashed their prices on some of their games and packages. You can now get The Orange Box for $39.99 and Team Fortress 2 for $19.99.
  • Half-Life 2 Complete Package: $34.99
  • Counter-Strike Complete Package: $29.99
  • Orange Box $39.99

You can find out more here.

Too bad everyone on Earth has all those games...

Doubtful, but its good to see theyre slashing prices, just goes to show theyre happy with their sales and are willing to make less profit per unit.

People are undoubtedly still buying these packages, so theyre still making money.

I'd say it's a move to perhaps encourage gifting more than anything else, to friends/family who aren't already on the Steam network. Though I would be interested to know what the actual Steam penetration is of Halflife 2 itself. There are 15 Million Steam accounts, but I certainly don't think Valve sold 15 million copies of Halflife 2.

I know, but I'm just saying that's what I'm looking forward to more than Valve slashing their games' prices.

nice price. had mine since day one but a friend has been a bit slow to get it so this should be good news for him.

Wow, HL2DM for 2.5GBP.

Infact, just noticed alot more games are very cheap...

Whoever has not bough the Orange Box yet is a very silly person indeed!
But the pricecut is nice for people with tight wallets.

I don't know anybody who'd just want TF2 alone, especially when it's half the price of the entire Orange Box.

Back