New Source of X-rays, and what a doozy

Emporius

Space Core
Reaction score
Scotch tape...IN SPACE

LINKY

NEW YORK ? Two weeks after a Nobel Prize highlighted theoretical work on subatomic particles, physicists are announcing a startling discovery about a much more familiar form of matter: Scotch tape.

It turns out that if you peel the popular adhesive tape off its roll in a vacuum chamber, it emits X-rays. The researchers even made an X-ray image of one of their fingers.

_done_1022xray_188.jpg

An image provided by the UCLA Laboratory of Low Temperatures and Acoustics shows a finger in an X-ray made with Scotch tape.

Seriously, who could have seen this coming :rolleyes:.

That reminds me of the chemical reaction that occurs when you open some varieties of envelope, producing a purple flash of light.

note to self: using tape in outer space for shuttle repairs will cause cancer.

For deep space craft repair, NASA trusts Duck brand duct tape*.

*May cause cancer

Okay, I'll have to remind myself not to use scotch tape to repair my shoes... When I'm in a vacuum chamber.

Why I do find this so damn hilarous?

Edit: Sellotape is just another name for/a brand of scotch tape, correct?

That reminds me of the chemical reaction that occurs when you open some varieties of envelope, producing a purple flash of light.

Thats just the protons that have been trapped in the envelope. Upon unsealing the envelope you allow it to run free, sometimes into your eye.

I wonder if that will be a special ability of the bottle of the demoman

whit the secondary buttom the bottle is placed in front of your eye and you can see behind walls and objects whit the xray thing

it would be nice

I wonder if that will be a special ability of the bottle of the demoman

whit the secondary buttom the bottle is placed in front of your eye and you can see behind walls and objects whit the xray thing

it would be nice
Mouse2 already detonates sticky bombs.

I wonder what other every day household products can do that we don't know about, maybe we could somehow use a kitchen appliance to split an atom?

I wonder what other every day household products can do that we don't know about, maybe we could somehow use a kitchen appliance to split an atom?

Not everyone is MacGuyver

Back