New Sven-Coop 2 Media

CrazyHarij

Reaction score
As part of the Mod Database Golden Spanner Awards, the Sven-Coop 2 team has released a big bunch of screenshots, which should be enough to get SC2 fans very excited, especially considering that one of them contains an all-new model of Gordon Freeman![br]</br>The ModDB GSA page contains an extensive amount of awards and descriptions of Half-Life mods, as well as a section with awards for the most promising upcoming Half-Life 2 ones (In which the Sven-Coop 2 team won a 1st prize. Congratulations!).[br]</br>
The modeler of Gordon is called DoktorAce, and the map is made by MarGon.
[br]

[br]
[br]Be sure to check out Sven-Coop 2's webpage here, and don't forget the magnificent modDB site, which you can reach here.

oh wow, this will be one hell of a mod :D

hope it gets as good as sc for hl1

Is it just me or does the way his head is positioned look a bit funny?

MysticalMrBob said:
Yeah, it's a little off. But it's still hot.
Yep, the neck needs to be a bit longer I think.

It seems brilliant to me; thing is, as already pointed out by someone, the neck bracer is usually lower down on the concepts we've seen, hence the remarks regarding the length of his neck. I'd say that the SC team are entitled to their own interpretations, of course :p

The Gordon model is still sort of a work in progress. He's finished, for now, but he's going to be tweaked later.

but one thing is that HL2 dont hav too much variety in enemyes
cuz IMO is more cool fight against aliens and soldier at the same time in SC but in HL2 there is not too much aliens :(

Hmmmm, can you do me a favor and add the names of the artists:

DoktorAce = Model
MarGon = Mapper

some people seem to think I have made them and I don't like taking credit for others peoples work AT ALL!

Yes; I also wonder why the media transaction has left our own website strangely quiet about the matter :eek:

Reminds me of the phase people went through of thinking Sven did everything, or that Sniper was the only coder that did anything.

...not that I'd take that train of thought any further for risk of violent death, mind...

IchI said:
Hmmmm, can you do me a favor and add the names of the artists:

DoktorAce = Model
MarGon = Mapper

some people seem to think I have made them and I don't like taking credit for others peoples work AT ALL!

Fixed, even I assumed you had made it since you talked about "sorting" a model for Sven earlier today on IRC. :)

CrazyHarij said:
Fixed, even I assumed you had made it since you talked about "sorting" a model for Sven earlier today on IRC. :)

Ye I know, I was sorting out the presentation since I rendered and took the screen shots my self. I have a powerful machine and I am the only one who seems to know hot to render which is quite bizzare. Anyway thats what happened anyway, so hopfully everything is clear :D You will have to wait for my models, I hope I can keep up with Doc he is a very talented artist.

Ha, don't worry IchI, if you managed to pass the team's application process you must be capable of moddeling with the best of 'em.

Hmm, I wonder, are there any plans to develop player models for other outstanding NPCs, do you think? Or just sticking to Gordon since he's actually the player? I guess the more realistic feel of SC2 wouldn't suit a Barney or Alyx trying to crowbar their doppelgangers to death...

Edcrab said:
Ha, don't worry IchI, if you managed to pass the team's application process you must be capable of moddeling with the best of 'em.

Hmm, I wonder, are there any plans to develop player models for other outstanding NPCs, do you think? Or just sticking to Gordon since he's actually the player? I guess the more realistic feel of SC2 wouldn't suit a Barney or Alyx trying to crowbar their doppelgangers to death...

Hmmm, I can't say much without anyone like Snipers or Svens aproval but generally the game will be everything Sven Coop v3.0 (Half-Life 1) is and a whole lot more. In a way the easiest way to compare it would be ut2k3 and ut2k4. Some people seem to think Sven Coop 2 will be going in the direction of CS or something, but it will not at all. We have made a choice to break the game down into x amount of game modes which will seperate serious (lives system, challenging and more along the lines of a single player game) and non-serious (funny, not making much sense) gameplay. Its hard to explain since I don't think I am aloud to give anyway any info that hasn't already been released. May be Sniper or Sven can clarify some things for you. But I think they want to keep things quite tight and sneaky.

The Best Upcoming Mod award is for mods being made for any game, by the way, not just for HL2 (the runner-up is a Warcraft 3 mod, in fact).

Sven Viking said:
The Best Upcoming Mod award is for mods being made for any game, by the way, not just for HL2 (the runner-up is a Warcraft 3 mod, in fact).

Ye people where like... why is did the warcraft3 mod win... but if you look. Its stracraft... I rest my case :p

Also Sven can you update the site with the media :D

Is there any other new screenshots of maps besides those 4?

diluted said:
Is there any other new screenshots of maps besides those 4?

not atm sorry, well... we do have other map shots. But they are not been released atm, we don't want to just realease everything straight away there would be no point. your going to have to wait sorry. This was actually quite a focused release as well because we badly needed something for the moddb.com awards. I wouldn't expect anything major for some time now. But rest asure the next release will blow your mind :p

There's more development going on behind the scenes; just that the team are such perfectionists that you're not going to see the bare-bones of anything ;)

Commando's got shots of his current map on the site though, looks pretty damn good too.

major5013 said:
I definatly have to disagree. The skin doesn't look nearly as good on that one :)

Agreed.

These are the most promising screenshots i've seen for a HL2 mod yet, they look really professional and the details are high quality.

I know this seems a bit greedy and you guys are doing a great job, awesome Gordon model and maps. But since there's very few aliens in HL2 (ant lions, headcrabs), is there any way you could bring some houndeyes, alien controllers and other aliens from HL1 into the game. That would be cool.

It doesn't have to be in the first version of course but somewhere later down the road. I want SC2 ASAP ;)

-Teck

I though Seven Coop 2 was just going to allow players in MP go through hl2 SP. It looks like they are making new maps and such.

If you played sven co-op for halflife, it consisted of not only coop Halflife, but also a bunch of different co-op levels. It was one of my favorite mods, and this one is looking really good also.

Yeah, his heads a little forward..but like snipe said - it'll be tweaked (*whew*)

Thadius Dean said:
Gordon looks a little jewish to me...

Oy vey! Don't you forget you're talking to Gordon Freemensch. The modeler tries and tries, but all he gets is bupkis! Next time, I want you should show some respect, bubellah.

Does that Lambda look like a mazuzzah to you?

TeckBlade said:
I know this seems a bit greedy and you guys are doing a great job, awesome Gordon model and maps. But since there's very few aliens in HL2 (ant lions, headcrabs), is there any way you could bring some houndeyes, alien controllers and other aliens from HL1 into the game. That would be cool.

It doesn't have to be in the first version of course but somewhere later down the road. I want SC2 ASAP ;)

-Teck
Planned... though as you guessed, most likely not in the first version :).

If Valve'd give us permission to use their unused models (e.g. the female assassin), we could probably have them working for the first release... but otherwise we'll need to remodel them from scratch, which'd take some time. (Would be sort of depressing, too, seeing as some mods already seem to be using leaked versions of the models).

ummno said:
I though Seven Coop 2 was just going to allow players in MP go through hl2 SP. It looks like they are making new maps and such.

hehehehe, you need to read up on your info m8, you will be plesently surprised.

Back