New Valve Software Site Launched (With Portal 2 Site)

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]It seems 2010 is the year when Valve went out a bought an expensive Italian suit. A new suave Steam UI, new plush offices in Bellevue and now a significantly slicker looking website to complete the look.[br]You can find better information on all Valve's games, Steam, Valve employees, careers and the Source engine. Have a look around. Valve Software.[br]Keep an eye on this new dedicated Portal 2 website too...

They also launched a site for Portal 2: thinkwithportals.com (or portal2game.net).

Right now we’re working on Portal 2
external.gif
. We might also be working on one or two others that we can’t talk about yet. Or we might not. Ask Doug.
That pleases me.

Well they are rolling in dollar bills from Left 4 Dead 2. I mean it's the same engine and everything they just spruced it up and some new stuff and everyone ate it up like sweet nectar... and for good reason too. If I only had 3+ years of C++ experience I'd be applying to join their lovely world.

"people who will continue to make our products and our company the best in the industry"

So true. I love you VALVe.

Aha! I remember getting into an argument at the Black Mesa Source forums a long time ago, when a screen shot was released of the new HEV. now reimagined with a paintball/Master Chief style helmet. I had argued that it was actually a hazmat style full face mask. Other users told me that the ingame model was just too low resolution to sport a neck. I swore there was a piece of concept/promotional art to prove me right, and now I have found that missing artwork on their back catalog page!

Of course, if I go back to revive the old subject they'll give me the typical I like the new direction. It makes more sense. Valve is lazy argument. that everyone makes when the developers believe so, but for every other little change it is It's too far from the original Half-Life. This is a remake of the original Half-Life.

You mean that HEV artwork, right Todd? Isn't that the original DM CLassic artwork or am I missing something?

Anyways, I adore Valve's new website, it makes me feel.. well, Half-Life-ish.

valve are doing a lot this year. and if they don't announce episode 3 I'm going to go crazy.

Some of the descriptions in the "People" page are amusing. Overall, a pretty nice and simple site.

Back