Newbie Modder/ Porfessional C++ Programmer Looking for Team

Originally posted by pentium3id

what experience do they have with the HL SDK?
Yeah but dude, this thread was started by pentium. That post was to give him some interest in our mod, and to let him know we have the experience and know-how that he's looking for.

I posted that for pentium, not so I could spill the beans for all you guys, thats not what this thread is about.

All i mean is I wasnt trying to tell you anything. My apologies.

1) How Many coders are in your team, and what experience do they have with the HL SDK?
We currently have 1 coder who is very experianced with the SDK and two other coders who are experianced in C++. I'm also talking to other HL coder who might interested, but they havent commited or anyhting yet.

2) How many people do you have in your core team? Not counting people you're planning on bringing aboard.
We have 15 poeple, not including the map builders we'll need to bring aboard once HL2 is out.

3) On Average, how much time have you spent working with the people in your team, have a good, long, stable work relationship?
I am usally working with the people on the team for 3-5 hours a day, along with writing the design docs and such in my own time.

4) On a scale of 1-10 how complex would you rate your next/current project?
In the coding sense, 6, and you'll see why later today once we announce a certain feature,

5) On Average, how many months of work do you predict for it?
Well the team has been to together for almsot a month.... and we're soohting for an internal alpha but the new year, so at least 10 monthes, but it will proberly more than a year.

6) As Team Leader/ Code Leader what work would you put aside for me? Remember I'm new to the HL Engine.
Well, first I would put you under the guidence of our leads coder to familerize yourself with the engine, and then he would start off assigning you subsystems in the game depending on how well to picked up the coding. once you get a handle on it, i'm sure he'd be grateful for the help on the mode of gameplay that will be announced later...

7) In 12 words describe the mod, ex:
"Multiplayer Mod about Vampires, XXIII Century" is enough for me.

Multiplayer FPS featureing Tactical and Strategic missions.

Our team is small

1) We have 1 coder at present. Me. I was experienced with the HL SDK. Learning advanced stuff over the summer, with regards to our close combat engine.

2) We have 4 members, most of them are multi-members, but we are going to bring aboard mappers, when HL2 is out

3) I have worked closly with Stone before, we were planning to release a HL mod a while ago. I met Sniper a while ago now, and he has been with us (Narcisstic Gaming) ever since The team is very close knit, especially me, Sniper and Stone as we are not afraid to come up with any idea, knowing that the others will listen and that many real ideas have come from these wild discussions. I like to think that I will work closely with the Major and Snorkie will be contacted when we need him, and hopfully he will be able to do a few of the textures we need

4) In terms of complexity I would say about 7-8 as we plan to implement many new things to the HL2 engine

5) As it is a single player mod it will probably take at least a year, but most likely more. The multiplayer mode will start development soon

6) We would give you a flexable working shedule to work with, and I personally would make sure that if you feel you do not want to work for us any more, that you can leave any time. As long as we know in advance. I wouldn't push you too hard, let you get familiar with the engine involved and so forth

7) A Single player mod in which you play as Black Ops Agent.

Thanks for reading

Pentium, I've sent you a few emails and just wanted to make sure you're receiving them. Let me know if you're not, and I'll resend. Thanks.

1) 2 - coders

2) 10-12 members.

3) Since February i've known many of them

4) 5-8 average is our current plan for the mod now

5) um, 8 month for a cool unique mod

6) Importing new models and such ingame is a basis, then some more extensive work if you are comfortable with what u r doing.

7) Single/Multiplayer mod with Gang Bangs and Cop Holdups...Cops N' Robbers

hope thats good enuff' :)

1) How Many coders are in your team, and what experience do they have with the HL SDK?

Dont know really, we will see in august. Aik0n here at the forums are intersted in joining the team.

2) How many people do you have in your core team? Not counting people you're planning on bringing aboard.

Its 22 ppl in the class, I dont know if everyone will join up....we will see.

3) On Average, how much time have you spent working with the people in your team, have a good, long, stable work relationship?

We will be going 3 years together in school.

4) On a scale of 1-10 how complex would you rate your next/current project?

5) On Average, how many months of work do you predict for it?

Well...i cant say....we have 3 years to make it.

6) As Team Leader/ Code Leader what work would you put aside for me? Remember I'm new to the HL Engine.

AI programming and maybe a little scriptwriting.

7) In 12 words describe the mod, ex:
"Multiplayer Mod about Vampires, XXIII Century" is enough for me.

Storydriven, coop, sci-fi, and a little bit of horror.

Do you have any email that i can use to get in contact with you? I missed you when you joined the IRC channel...i was on a LAN. Sorry about that :)

Originally posted by Submerge
that a school project or sumthing?

Yeah, thats why i dont know so much about the team yet :)

I got some "outsider" that want to join the team, though.

pretty cool, we get outsiders wanting to join us, although we r an outsider mod :)

oh Pentium, if by some strange chance you were thinking of joining our team.....don't worry we don't actually need ya :p

mrBadger?
Well, i've decided to work on the Entropy MOD, if they'll
have me as their assistant coder. My decision was based
on team size, organization, capabilities, and well, the
empathy i felt for the people and the project's story.

I want to keep in contact with the great people i met
here, and well, if theres anything i might help, ask, time
is short, but who knows... :)

Everyone I talked to was open, and every team had
fresh ideas and great focus.

Thanx for thinking of me for your MOD Teams and all
the best for your projects.

Cya all out there...

mrBadger?

Cya all out there...

Okey, the best of luck with the mod. Im sure you made the best decision for you.

mrBadger?

Cya all out there...

Gr8 decision

I will work with you soon.

Hey, good luck with the Entropy mod pentium. It truly looks interesting and I would love to see this released. My attendance in this forum is lacking as of late. I would have replied sooner, but my internet is down.

Once again, good luck.

Back