Nintendo Revolution

SubKamran

Reaction score
IGN said:
Q: Will Revolution owners be able to connect online and download classic Nintendo games?

A: Yes. Nintendo announced at E3 2005 that Revolution would be able to go online wirelessly and download classic Nintendo games. Nintendo has not yet announced what titles will be available for download. However, it has confirmed that Revolution owners could theoretically download every NES, Super-NES and Nintendo 64 game ever made. The publisher is reportedly already working with third party publisher to ensure that popular third party games are also available to download.

I'll be getting it just for that. :naughty: Goldeneye online anyone? :afro: That would be sweet.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/522/522559p1.html

Shows how far games really have come when most people with Revolutions are playing Mario or Goldeneye...

oldagerocker said:
Shows how far games really have come when most people with Revolutions are playing Mario or Goldeneye...

Seriously... nothing beats Paper Mario or Mario 64. Those were the good days.

I doubt most people will be playing old games, it's just a very welcome extra :) (just think how many excellent Nintendo titles have been released over the years :))

Days when Nintendo made good games. While I love the idea of downloading NES and Super NES games, all my money's going toward PS3 and Xbox 360.

DeusExMachinia said:
Days when Nintendo made good games.

You speak as if they don't any more :/

They still make some of the very best video games around - and plenty of them :)

I hope so, because this'll be the console i'll be picking up if Nintendo stick to their cheap, small, sleek design.

Warbie said:
You speak as if they don't any more :/

They still make some of the very best video games around - and plenty of them :)

Sorry Warbie, but there were only one thing I cared for on GCN: Resident Evil. Now that RE4's coming to PS2 and RE5 is to come out on PS3, Nintendo might as well pull a Sega.

Goldeneye Online = Timesplitters. Same team, same gameplay.

DeusExMachinia said:
Sorry Warbie, but there were only one thing I cared for on GCN: Resident Evil. Now that RE4's coming to PS2 and RE5 is to come out on PS3, Nintendo might as well pull a Sega.

If you want to settle for the inferior version of RE4, then go for it ;) From what I hear the gfx will have to take a rather drastic cut. And then there's trying to aim with the ps2 pad :/

RE5 alone will sell the PS3 to me though, assuming it won't be out on any other console.

Untill then there's the new Zelda to play \o/ (and Metroid Prime 2 to finish)

Ennui said:
Goldeneye Online = Timesplitters. Same team, same gameplay.

No way - TS s a poor mans GE, always has been. No way near as good (but fun nonetheless, in a mindless shoot everything kind of way)

you know sounds great......what about the controller..who knows..the controller could be a floating purple orb with laser beams and pokemon flashing around the room with mario poking your eyes out!! :eek:

Yeah......but it would be very strange to play the old games on that new controller.

dream431ca said:
you know sounds great......what about the controller..who knows..the controller could be a floating purple orb with laser beams and pokemon flashing around the room with mario poking your eyes out!! :eek:

Yeah......but it would be very strange to play the old games on that new controller.

thats probobly why it also has GC controller ports :D

Warbie said:
If you want to settle for the inferior version of RE4, then go for it ;) From what I hear the gfx will have to take a rather drastic cut. And then there's trying to aim with the ps2 pad :/

RE5 alone will sell the PS3 to me though, assuming it won't be out on any other console.

Untill then there's the new Zelda to play \o/ (and Metroid Prime 2 to finish)

Actually, the graphics are basically the same. A few noticeable changes, but the trailer does indeed look quite the same. And aiming is never hard with the PS2 controller ;).

If by "the PS2 Controller" you mean "a mouse" then I agree. And it's not just graphics that are taking a hit- can you even IMAGINE what the load times will be like? I own both a PS2 and a cube, and like the GC much more.

Oh, and the Revolution looks damn sexy. Can't wait to see the direction they take with the "revolutionary" controller. Should be quite interesting.

DeusExMachinia said:
Actually, the graphics are basically the same. A few noticeable changes, but the trailer does indeed look quite the same. And aiming is never hard with the PS2 controller ;).

Sure, if you have auto-aim on. :p

No really...it isn't that hard o_O. I've played third person shooters, first person shooters, all without auto aim or a mouse and it's really easy.

DeusExMachinia said:
And aiming is never hard with the PS2 controller ;).

Nor is it accurate ;) (blame the big dead zones)

The graphics aren't poor on the PS2 version - but they're noticably worse. The loading times are also meant to be considerably longer (4-5 times longer infact)

Much better than nothing, but not the definitive version :)

(it's worth 50 quid to play RE4 as it was meant to be played - and then the new Zelda)

Graphics taking a small hit shouldn't matter much with RE4. That is quite possibly the best looking console game i've ever seen :D Even with a few less polygons it should look just fine :p

Ans SSB online sold the Revolution for me :D

Computer5k said:
Graphics taking a small hit shouldn't matter much with RE4. That is quite possibly the best looking console game i've ever seen :D Even with a few less polygons it should look just fine :p

Ans SSB online sold the Revolution for me :D

Excited to get your arse kicked huh? :naughty: :p

DeusExMachinia said:

They certainly don't look the same as the GCN version.

Comparison pics, courtesy of a dude from another forum:

Re4.jpg

I'll stick with the cube version, myself :x

Major wtf, I saw a vid and showed it saying. "VIRTUIAL REALITY HEADSET" "YOU MASTER THE WEAPON" "FULLY DONE ENVORIMENTS TO EXPLORE" Ok one I dont see the headset, two that makes no sense you can crouch down and pick up a weapon you need to have some kind of controller or gloves and I did not see any gloves in the pictures. Last it would be very hard for game makers to do fully done envorments. Think about it your walking around and want to go through some vines you run towerds it and PLUNK! You get hit. So really I dont think I will buy it.

SubKamran said:
I'll be getting it just for that. :naughty: Goldeneye online anyone? :afro: That would be sweet.
Can already play every Nintendo game from NES to N64 on the Xbox... :rolleyes:

Nintendo has yet to reveal its secret controller. Thats just about the only thing that may bring salvation to the Nintendo franchise.

..to bad its not that HMD shown in the fake promo vid.

f|uke said:
Can already play every Nintendo game from NES to N64 on the Xbox... :rolleyes:

Nintendo has yet to reveal its secret controller. Thats just about the only thing that may bring salvation to the Nintendo franchise.

..to bad its not that HMD shown in the fake promo vid.

Play Nintendo games on an Xbox controller? Never!!!

Revolution? Basically, the "Revolution" seems to involve selling us games on yesterday's consoles. Ironic.

Nintendo need to show something impressive with the reportadly inferior hardware they're promising, or else their days are numbered....

specialmax said:
Major wtf, I saw a vid and showed it saying. "VIRTUIAL REALITY HEADSET" "YOU MASTER THE WEAPON" "FULLY DONE ENVORIMENTS TO EXPLORE"

So really I dont think I will buy it.

That was a hoax.

Obviously.

kupoartist said:
Revolution? Basically, the "Revolution" seems to involve selling us games on yesterday's consoles. Ironic.

Nintendo need to show something impressive with the reportadly inferior hardware they're promising, or else their days are numbered....

They haven't shown us the controller yet.

KagePrototype said:
They haven't shown us the controller yet.
It's going to have to be one hell of a controller though. When has a controller ever single-handedly made a console successful?

kupoartist said:
It's going to have to be one hell of a controller though. When has a controller ever single-handedly made a console successful?
When has a controller ever been revolutionary

the N64-Controller was quite innovative - imo :)

And the current GC-Controller outranks every other one :thumbs:

greetz
Alsi

SubKamran said:
You can already play goldeneye online with nemu + rom

crushenator 500 said:
When has a controller ever been revolutionary
Well yes, but that only heightens the probability that no matter what Nintendo puts out, it won't change their fortunes. Controllers are far, far lower on people's list of priorities, whereas graphics capabilities are very high on people's lists and Revolution is reportedly trailing the competition by quite some way...

Of course, Nintendo haven't actually shown us anything really. Just a few underwhelming facts. I just want to see them fail: you don't come up with a pretentious name like "Revolution" and get away with it :)

Back