"nintendo wtf?"

If it sucks, Nintendo is dead. They better have something that can properly compete with the PSP.. :| I like Nintendo, I don't want to see them go the way of Sega (even though they stated if they ever drop out of the console market, it'll be for good)

Or, they could start making good games...........but i guess that slipped there mind after the release of gamecube

I dont know i like the gamecube and i have fun playing gc games.
Ill root nintendo on! no matter what!

Sega was always better then nitendo, except for the saturn, it licked balls.

:'( i like the nintendo. theyre just living in the past, they dont want to know about anything. they think whatever they do is for the best and that everyone likes what they do. they dont listen to critisism, and think they know what's for the best.

+, i agree with nerdguy, i liked the gc and will continue to follow nintendo to the bitter end :)

QProtocol said:
Or, they could start making good games...........but i guess that slipped there mind after the release of gamecube

See, Nintendo gets a bad rep for no reason. They have MANY good games on the GameCube, but people like you listen to the "cool" kids who say GC is a kiddie console, and XBox/PS2 are the "cool" systems.

Super Smash bros was Great on n64. I dont know what happend to them but when he gamecube came out, it was over. I still have the origional nintendo from the 80's. I loved them, but they are not as appealing as they once were.

Computer owns all.

Nintendo still hasn't said anything of what its new console system will be like. This announcement is for a "portable device". Its not like this is going to be the replacement for the gamecube. Its probably just meant to compete with Sony's portable system.

This announcement made me mad. I first heard about this a long time ago, when they said "innovative and original" and I instantly hoped for virtual boy 2. Then one of my IRC buddies was talking about new nintendo with two 3 inch TFT screens. I was like YAY VIRTUAL BOY 2!!! Then I read the article and was like "WTF? how is this gonna improve games at all?"

They should have made a virtual boy 2... With today's technology it could have been so good.

Shuzer said:
See, Nintendo gets a bad rep for no reason. They have MANY good games on the GameCube, but people like you listen to the "cool" kids who say GC is a kiddie console, and XBox/PS2 are the "cool" systems.

Well, it's kinda true. The reason for the GC's failure is because Nintendo is so incredibly overbearing and won't allow games like GTA or whatever to be released on the system. In addition to this they made the incredibly stupid decision to make it a light blue little box, which looks like a toy. There are good games on the system, but 90% of them are cartoonish and appeal more towards children than a mature audience. The best 2nd party developer they had (Rare) which made one of the greatest games of all time (Perfect Dark) got sold to MS. Nintendo made every mistake they possibly could in marketing their console, mainly being not appealing to older crowds enough.

Look at the PS2 - it looks sleek and futuristic, more like an adult electronic device than a toy. It is capable of playing DVD movies, something else that appeals to older people. The majority of the games are geared towards adults, which is now the largest demographic of people who buy video games. In addition to this there are plenty of kid friendly games on the console (Ico, Jak and Daxter, etc.) that parents who own the console can buy for their kids. They have all the bases covered and were much smarter in marketing the console than Nintendo.

I liked Nintendo a lot all the way up to the Gamecube. It's hard to say whether I preferred the original PS or N64, but they were both very good. But with the GC Nintendo literally took a step backwards while Sony kept moving forwards. This new .... thing ..... looks to pull em down even deeper.

Thing is, the japanese will prolly' finish it's stock in under a week, wich would counter low sales elsewhere.

I like the Gamecube, but then again, Xbox rocks too. So I'm buying an Xbox soon :p

I like Zelda: The Wind Waker, Mario Kart: DD!!, and Super Smash Bros Melee and I'm 16. I think they all kick serious bootay.

The one thing that really irked me was no online play. LUCKILY, the Warp Pipe project puts Mario Kart online so it's super fun :D

Omg Secret Unvealileded!

Attachments

• 1074883240146.jpeg
    1074883240146.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 270
LMAO.... its coming fall 2004...... apparantly. lol that image is really well done.

Well, except for being a noob and spelling "coming" with an extra m, that is awesome.
I want a Nintendo BS.

Nintendo is starting to piss me off... :angry:

Even an idiot would know that this is no time to be coming up with wacky "innovations", but rather to focus efforts (and money) on a next generation console and handheld.

I hope, for their sake, this thing truly is worth the trouble.

excellent nw909. did you make that yourself. If so...*spookymooky hands nw909 some props* here. "Gameboy BS" nice touch.
(1 more to ant lion)

was that a joke..? that image .. or is that what its gonna look like??? lol

spookymooky said:
excellent nw909. did you make that yourself. If so...*spookymooky hands nw909 some props* here. "Gameboy BS" nice touch.
(1 more to ant lion)

Neg, the authors name is on it, but I found it on an imageboard website.

I still think Goldeneye on the n64 is the best game I have ever played...

I have a ps2, but I think I would rather a Gamecube. I want games like:

Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Rouge Squadron...
Metroid Prime

The only thing I don't like about what Nintendo is doing is all this 'connectivity' stuff... "oooh look! You connect your Game Boy and you get SECRET stuff! AHMGEE! (game boy advance, game boy connection cable, game boy adapter, and game boy thingy are all required for this too work and are sold at inflated prices) Weeeee!" Ya... not so much...

The Terminator said:
Sega does what nintendon't
Heheheh that was clever...
anyways who knows, the japanese can come up with some pretty intresting gameplay concepts so I cant wait to see what kind of weird gameplay mechanics they can come up with this. :thumbs:

Actually we just have the GBA-2-GC cable and my bro can download special stuff. :D

Baal said:
I still think Goldeneye on the n64 is the best game I have ever played...

I used to love Goldeneye... played it so much back when it came out. Played it recently and my god, what a disappointment. It felt awful to play. Nowhere near as fun as I remember it. Don't get me wrong... I'm usually one to get sentimental when reminiscing about old games... I can go and play Doom95 and still have a load of fun. I can even enjoy SNES games, even more so than new games in a lot of cases. Goldeneye just seems to have degraded severely in my view.

Non-Sequitur said:
I used to love Goldeneye... played it so much back when it came out. Played it recently and my god, what a disappointment. It felt awful to play. Nowhere near as fun as I remember it. Don't get me wrong... I'm usually one to get sentimental when reminiscing about old games... I can go and play Doom95 and still have a load of fun. I can even enjoy SNES games, even more so than new games in a lot of cases. Goldeneye just seems to have degraded severely in my view.

LIES! lol, yeah, attempting to play through the game at its 30FPS framerate is torture (not half as torturous as Perfect Dark's framerate, though).. but, it's still fun to fire it up and use all the cheats to run through the levels and do stupid stuff :)

i dont think nintendo is revolutionary anymore. they havent developed a famous character for a long time, and they lose lots of face value with that. id rather get splinter cell 2 than pikmin 3845.

gh0st said:
i dont think nintendo is revolutionary anymore. they havent developed a famous character for a long time, and they lose lots of face value with that. id rather get splinter cell 2 than pikmin 3845.

I'm not sure what you mean by Pikmin 3845, unless you're referring to the number of Pikmin you get in the game? :|

im saying id rather buy a sequal to splinter cell than pikmin.

gh0st said:
im saying id rather buy a sequal to splinter cell than pikmin.

But, why such a ludicrous number? I mean, I can understand that, but, it's not like Pikmin has had a thousand sequels (BTW, when's Pikmin 2 coming out?).

i felt like it... and it was the only nintendo game that came to mind while i wrote that.

gh0st said:
i felt like it... and it was the only nintendo game that came to mind while i wrote that.

Ah, okay, just checking :) lol

Well, I love my cutesy-wootsy lil' GameCube. It doesn't look like a badly-bound book like the PS2 does, and it doesn't try to pull my arm off when I pick it up like the XBox does.

Also... METROID PRIME ROCKS! I played through that game in a series of half-day sessions... I haven't done that with any game since Fallout.

i notice that a LOT of the GC games are just sequals:

Metroid Prime
Mario Cart DD
Zelda
Mario Sunshine
Rogue Squadren
Resident Evil

etc. etc.

If they came up with a game that was really awsome and amzingly new with wowee zoo wooper effects and physics and realistic. Then they might be able to get back on the scene

Gamecube still has plenty of stuff thats both original and awesome. Viewtiful Joe anybody?
And even though they're sequels they're still some of the best games ever. For one reason or another my Gamecube ends up being played twice as much as my PS2, and almost as much as my computer.

MINDA said:
i notice that a LOT of the GC games are just sequals:

Metroid Prime
Mario Cart DD
Zelda
Mario Sunshine
Rogue Squadren
Resident Evil

etc. etc.

If they came up with a game that was really awsome and amzingly new with wowee zoo wooper effects and physics and realistic. Then they might be able to get back on the scene

*cough* half-life <<<<<< 2 >>>>>> *cough*

That isn't confirmed, it ain't confirmed on any console yet.

i didnt mean its coming out on it, i meant that whilst he was moaning about sequals, half life 2 is one

Back