Source 2 Left 4 Dead 2 Prototype Screenshots Leaked

Sure would like some more validation on the legitimacy of that last bit.

Y'know... even in their leaked materials, they still can't ****ing get to three.

La de dah, waitin for statements, boop beep doop.

the only bad thing about the screenshots is the reused trees but apart from that it looks amazing

The only thing that bothers me, is the German language settings for grammar corrections..

It's not correct to say that these pics demonstrate Source 2's capabilities for "high quality destruction". The "destruction" is probably just a pre built scene, not procedurally generated, though it would be awesome if it was.

I think the pics are very pretty. The lighting is especially nice. It may be the nicest next gen engine I've seen. It's hard to judge from one picture of course, but this could be really awesome when pushed to the limits - HL3 could end up being the nicest looking game so far in video game history. And remember that, this being Valve, it can probably run even on slower PCs, unlike Crysis and its ilk. So it represents a big achievement.

Where is this new list of new Valve Source 2 projects coming from? What does "imported" mean, given that there are non-imported games in the folder.

so are these from 2011 now or what? That could mean that now it even looks better, it could also mean that the announcement of a new game is still far away.

so are these from 2011 now or what? That could mean that now it even looks better, it could also mean that the announcement of a new game is still far away.
Well it could also mean an announcement of a new game could be close actually considering they've been working on source 2.0 for a few years now. Lets just hope.

Well it could also mean an announcement of a new game could be close actually considering they've been working on source 2.0 for a few years now. Lets just hope.

yes of course, but what I meant is that if they send out this presentation like weeks or month ago, that could show that Valve is ready to show Source 2, but apparently its from 2011, so it doesnt tell us anything.
But there is no game from Valve for 2014 yet, so lets hope :D

My god...it looks awesome...if it's real...VALVe pls make HL3 on Source 2!

It doesn't look awesome at all. It looks like what Source has been capable of since about 2007.

IF there is going to be a Source 2, then A.) I doubt anything will be leaked on it; and B.) It will look incredible.

This scene would have looked good 5 years ago, but not today.

5 years ago? 5 years ago L4D2 came out so yeah...

I had to create an (Rushed) account JUST to comment on this; This DOES look like something that's (Somewhat) new and advanced, but no one knows for sure, although...It could be considered that this may have been created with CryEngine3. I'm being serious. With the level of graphics and stuff, it seems as so it might POSSIBLY just be that. I mean, Source 2.0 isn't out yet, right? It's still in development. So, this could have just been a rumor/creation in a completely different game engine. It makes sense doesn't it? People on the internet tend to spread rumors and cause a HUGE confusion. "Is this really Half-Life 3?" "Is this really L4D3?" "Is this really Portal 3?". Big questions on things created by the communities established on the internet. But. A big part of all of this is; Valve has NOT said ANYTHING about Half-Life 3, or any other games, except some of the things that are in development, cause if you think about it...This ENTIRE thing could just be a big hoax, rumor, or flat out lie. So, that was my opinion on this, now, have a good day/afternoon/evening/night, goodbye, gents! (Sorry for my lack of grammer or my typos, by any means, you may correct me. I'm just tired currently, past 5:00 AM and I've gotten no sleep.) (Also, if you haven't realized, one of the pictures posted is just concept art, possibly a reference?)

Because of comments. I found it annoying as well, I'm not particularly interested in comments section, but I keep getting updates anyone post anything.

Why aren't people more excited about the GUI editor? I've worked with Source 1 and there never was a way to edit the GUI, you had to use unsupported 3rd party software and it was always extremely frustrating.

Back