North Korea conducts a second nuclear test

^^^ When was the last time Canada was involved in East Asian affairs, let alone intervention with the Koreas?

http://archives.cbc.ca/war_conflict/korean_war/clips/677/

but I was referring to this:

I think he was referring to the allied armies as a whole, not just Canada.

yes canada is part of nato and the UN

also those who say killing Kim long dong jung will solve everything are being naive. the military controls NK, kill him/his son and some other goon will arise from the ranks of the military to take their places.

Numbers said:
Well, maybe because it was your (or rather, the western world + USSR's) fault that we got in this situation in the first place!

we just gave you the means to kill each other but the commies and non commies were already there. no russian or american was leading the peoples of korea into the initial conflict (k maybe behind the scenes) you did that all on your own. no one said you couldnt have just embraced communism. I mean everyone around you was either commie or facist, you should have just gone with the flow, and voila! no conflict, no dead lkoreans, no paratroopers descending from the sky and slaughtering civilians, no gangs of concerned koreans wielding sharpened bamboo sticks and improvised flame throwers. Just the iron shod heel of communism, spiffy military uniforms for all, and lots and lots of red flag waving. VIVE LA DIFFERENCE!

Yeah, maybe if the US and the USSR didn't divide the peninsula in half, and the USSR didn't install a puppet in the north, just maybe if the occupying forces of the allies of WWII recognized the government-in-exile and the Korean Independence Army as the at-least-temporary government that everyone was happy about there wouldn't have been any need for guns.

Of course, "what ifs" in history never really matters, but you see my point.

Also, who in their right minds would embrace communism in exchange for democracy?

Yeah, maybe if the US and the USSR didn't divide the peninsula in half, and the USSR didn't install a puppet in the north, just maybe if the occupying forces of the allies of WWII recognized the government-in-exile and the Korean Independence Army as the at-least-temporary government that everyone was happy about there wouldn't have been any need for guns.

wahwahwah you shouldnt have allowed it to happen. I mean the americans didnt put a gun to your head and say "let us help you or else!!!"

maybe you should look to your fellow citizens instead of laying the blame on america/nyetnyet soviets. I'd start by pointing my finger at the elderly in your midst (aged 70 plus). Blame them for collaborating with the foreign devils and denounce them as traitors to the fatherland. It helps if you're brandishing a firearm at this point, also try to wear something inspiring like a military uniform complete with jack boots and jaunty chapeau (I hear facist brown is in for fall), fire off a few rounds into the air to show you mean business

wahwahwah you shouldnt have allowed it to happen. I mean the americans didnt put a gun to your head and say "let us help you or else!!!"

maybe you should look to your fellow citizens instead of laying the blame on america/nyetnyet soviets. I'd start by pointing my finger at the elderly in your midst (aged 70 plus). Blame them for collaborating with the foreign devils and denounce them as traitors to the fatherland. It helps if you're brandishing a firearm at this point, also try to wear something inspiring like a military uniform complete with jack boots and jaunty chapeau (I hear facist brown is in for fall), fire off a few rounds into the air to show you mean business

We did try.

%BD%C5%C5%B9%C5%EB%C4%A1_%B9%DD%B4%EB_kimseogk.jpg

%BD%C5%C5%B9%C5%EB%C4%A1_%B9%DD%B4%EB%282%29_kimseogk.jpg

After Japan's surrender to the Allies, division at the 38th parallel marked the beginning of Soviet and U.S. trusteeship over the North and South, respectively. U.S. forces landed at Incheon on September 8, 1945 and established a military government shortly thereafter.[9] The forces landing at Incheon were of the 24th Corps of the US Tenth Army.[10] They were commanded by Lt. General John R. Hodge, who then took charge of the government.[11]

Faced with mounting popular discontent, in October 1945 Hodge established the Korean Advisory Council. A year later, an interim legislature and interim government were established, headed by Kim Kyu-shik and Syngman Rhee respectively. However, these interim bodies lacked any independent authority.

A proposal was made in 1945 for a long-term trusteeship arrangement. In December 1945, the United States and the Soviet Union agreed to administer the country under the U.S.-Soviet Joint Commission, as termed by the Moscow Conference of Foreign Ministers. It was agreed that Korea would govern independently after four years of international oversight. However, both the U.S. and the USSR approved Korean-led governments in their respective halves, each of which were favorable to the occupying power's political ideology. These arrangements were largely rejected by the majority of the Korean population,[citation needed] which responded with violent insurrections in the North and protests in the South.[citation needed]

The USMGIK tried to contain civil violence by banning strikes on December 8 and outlawing the revolutionary government and the people's committees on December 12. Things spiralled quickly out of control however, with a massive strike on September 23 1946 by 8,000 railway workers in Busan which quickly spread to other cities in the South. On October 1, police attempts to control rioters in Daegu caused the death of three student demonstrators and injuries to many others, sparking a mass counter-attack killing 38 policemen. Over in Yeongcheon, a police station came under attack by a 10,000-strong crowd on October 3, killing over 40 policemen and the county chief. Other attacks killed about 20 landlords and pro-Japanese officials. The US administration responded by declaring martial law, firing into crowds of demonstrators and killing an unknown number of people[1].

The "Anti-trustyship movement" was an important landmark in the unification of efforts of both the communist and democratic forces in pre-1950 Korea. However, the leftists quickly abandoned the movement to align themselves to the USSR. Consequently, the movement lost its momentum and failed.

I just might do that someday. The Third Empire of the Korean People sounds nice.

Back